[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: mspaint_2017-09-13_21-37-18.png (342KB, 750x495px) Image search: [Google]
mspaint_2017-09-13_21-37-18.png
342KB, 750x495px
Hey /mu/ I'm currently looking to buy a new pair of headphones. Two products have grabbed my interest recently and I need some help and advice on what to buy. I'm an avid music listener so headphones that stay comfortable after many hours of constant listening is a must. I also want a good sound quality that lasts over a period of time.

I currently am looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones (left) and Sennheiser HD 598 Around-Ear Open Back Headphones (right).

Any experience with these products or recommendations is very appreciated. This is my first time /really/ delving into the world of headphones, I'm currently using some gaming ones I picked up a couple of years ago for like £60.
>>
>>75133632
dt770 owner here
really fucking comfy, can listen up to 8+ hours without feeling discomfort
you can replace/wash the earpads but it's a bit difficult
the dt770 80 ohm version doesn't need amp, however the 250 ohm one does need an amp, the 598 doesn't need an amp

the dt770 has somewhat of a niggerbass compared to the 598, i dunno what kinda music you're into but if you like thick bass go for them
>>
File: Hlx6T4m.png (885KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hlx6T4m.png
885KB, 1280x720px
also anyone know how the 990 compares to the 770? i got 598s but want bass
>>
>>75133891
Hey man, thanks for the reply.

About the 8 hours+ listening, that's usually how often I listen to music in the evening for, so that's good news.

This has definitely strengthened my support for the DT770s. Will be picking up the 80 Ohms because I don't have an stereo/amplifier system in my current setup, will be plugging straight into computer. The heavy bass doesn't really concern me, but if it brings out the bass in music where it's otherwise somewhat inaudible listening on any cheap headphones then I'm for it.

Do you have the 80 Ohm or 250 Ohms?
>>
>>75133632
I use sony xb950bt's which are really good and extremely comfortable. longest ive worn then was about 5 or 6 hours I think and they never hurt or anything. you have to be a bass lover though, or have an eq to adjust on your device. even when I pull the bass back on the eq they still sound fantastic. also they can be used wireless or wired. So far I've had them for 8 months and they work perfectly
>>
I don't have either of the ones that you posted OP, but if I may recommend the Philips 9500s. I bought a pair back in January after doing some research on /g/ amongst other places and have been extremely pleased with them. They're open headphones (so maybe not the best if you're going to be using them a lot in public) and super comfy - I'm pretty finicky about having stuff on my head but I can wear these for hours without issue. They were $90 CAD back then and even if they've gone up a bit they should still be relatively cheap. They're pretty neutral sounding so depending on your music, that's a pro or con I suppose.

Also I'm about to head out for a doctors appointment so if you have any follow up questions I won't be able to reply for awhile.
>>
>>75133993
i've had the 80 ohm version for like 4 years or so? i wash the earpads once every year and the headphones look like new when you're done cleaning them up.
you can also replace the headband if it gets a little bit greasy or starts to crack
they're honestly one of those headphones made to last
>>
>>75134019
What is the main difference between open and closed ear? I understand the Phillips are open ear - how does that differentiate from closed ear? Thanks.

>>75134043
How exactly do you wash/clean the earpads?
>>
get you're self a nice pair of Beats, by Dre. my grandfather swallowed the lead of mine accidentally and now i listen to the soothing sound of his irregularly beating heart
>>
>>75134111
you pull them out, soak them in warm water with detergent and gently brush the earpads. leave it in the water for half an hour or so then let them air dry for 2-3 days
>>
>>75134161
Okay. Thanks again for all your help dude, it's nice to get feedback from a DT770 owner!
>>
>>75134111
Open headphones give the impression of a bigger "soundscape". I'm not an expert, but it essentially means that the music sounds like it is played from outside the headphones, rather than sounding closer, (like you were in a closet) as with closed back.
>>
>>75134191
Meant soundstage instead of soundscape.
>>
File: liz32.jpg (46KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
liz32.jpg
46KB, 407x600px
>>75133632
does anyone else not feel comfortable with the beyerdynamic 770 pros? like they feel way too tight on my small head...
>>
>>75134016
If your price point is lower you can get the 650's from this same line for under $100. They're Bluetooth only but with a battery that will last weeks.
>>
File: bieber.jpg (51KB, 468x327px) Image search: [Google]
bieber.jpg
51KB, 468x327px
>>75133632
the dt770s are fantastic

had m50x AT memephones before these and they were worse (and more expensive)

can only recommend
>>
File: 650 HD MASTER RACE.png (375KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
650 HD MASTER RACE.png
375KB, 600x600px
Sennhesier HD 650. If you can afford these and decent amp, you'll be set for years. If these are out of your price range, you should look into difference open ear headphones. For experience, closed backs like the DT770s really muddy the sound.
>>
>>75134111 (check em)
Back from the doc's. And to answer your question about open vs closed, this anon >>75134191 basically summed it up. Open is more like it's "live". It's really user preference as to which is "better". If you were using them mostly to play FPS games or something then closed is probably better since you won't have any outside distraction. For music though, I think open is better. Closed is good if you want to totally disconnect from the rest of the world. A downside to closed (I can only say this based off of stuff I've read) is that they tend to be less comfortable and don't allow your ears to breathe nearly as much.
>>
I got my Sennheiser HD 598 for a decent price off of Amazon and they're great for what I paid. They're comfy too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.