[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a Phil Elverum show last night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: boat.jpg (55KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
55KB, 680x451px
>Show was in a old synagogue in Brooklyn
>Looked like an auditorium where you would have assemblies in middle school
>Fold out chairs and shit
>Entire audience of awkward man-children
>Not a single cute girl at the show
>All of them were less than 3/10 and most were with lesbian partners
>I sat two rows in front of a dude that was literally sobbing throughout the entire performance
>Like scream-crying at the top of his lungs
>Legit wailing during a practically silent show
>Mfw when I realized everyone that listens to Mount Eerie is actually autistic and I was tricked into liking sadboi-core
>>
>>75132497
pls no ... am going with my girlfriend to his show in Leeds
>>
>>75132521
It was the most autistic thing I've ever seen in my life
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>75132497
This is what terrifies me most about going to an intimate concert; its like when you know you should not laugh though for some reason your brain starts to reprogram itself to come up with ludicrous thoughts that make it nigh impossible to stifle one's laughter. Not to blog though I remember going to a funeral and having to hold back my laughter because the eulogy stated that the deceased "always called a spade a spade" causing my painfully idiotic mind to picture him prowling the streets of London calling people n-s and the like (I'll admit to being too lazy to figure out whether the n-word is censored outside of /pol/). You feel awful in a way because it forces you to realize how rotten you are and the more you resist laughing the worse it becomes. Can't help but think that if I attended I'd burst into laughter the second Phil coughs or goes off-key and be unable to keep myself in check, its so pathetic but it really can't be helped, I swear!

Thank-you for the insight by the way anon, I wasn't quite sure as to what the demographic of Elverum's fanbase would be given the more rapid exposure from mainstream music publications, that being said I'm rather convinced that many who listened to A Crow Looked At Me most likely played it through once or twice and never touched it again - that is not to say that it is a poor album or lacking in quality though as has been said many times before it is not the sort of material one "enjoys", I'd argue it really to be more of an album that you listen for the experience rather than for the pleasure of the music, pretensions aside. Personally I didn't enjoy it at all and can't really see myself playing it again aside from the off-chance every couple of months or so, though credit to Phil nonetheless for making an album so immersive and visceral in emotional strength. Still the instrumentation is far too anemic for me (even if that is quite the point) and the album as a whole is like spending a holiday in Norilsk.
>>
>go to one of the NMH shows
>two guys standing in front of me in the queue
>one is a lanky acne ridden man with long greasy hair, the other is a short chubby man
>both are awkwardly talking about Death Grips and AnCo
>there's an extremely obese neckbeard wearing a Janelle Monae t-shirt
>also seem to remember a bunch of 15 year old kids talking about RTJ
>this is who I share a board with
>>
>>75133332
That's why I wanted to see him play - for the experience. I didn't love the album, I actually kind of found it too emotionally painful to listen to more than twice, but I figured I'd go to support him because The Glow Pt. 2 is one of my all-time favorites. And to be fair, he was fucking incredible. Even more raw in person, but his fanbase really put me off

>>75133442
Exactly man. Exactly

I couldn't believe there was some fucking guy wailing behind me. I was so stunned I couldn't even pay attention to the performance. Just imagine being in an old echo-y auditorium with 150 neckbeards in every seat; the PA system is set to a volume that you can easily hear people whispering around you, and all of the sudden a guy just starts bellowing out of nowhere, everyone hears his sobs crystal clear, and he continues for the entire 50 minute set

/mu/ will never be the same for me
>>
Are you that surprised that mt. eerie is quintessential numalecore. Admit it, it's more valid than "just another buzzword". That show you went to last night is proof
>>
Idk man I saw the Philly show and it was mostly just early thirties couples who listen to npr. I went on my 18th birthday and I was probably the youngest one there, so it wasn't like when I saw anco and it was just obnoxious meme kids (ruined anco for me 2bh)
>>
>>75133913

the best part about it is that none of you betas told him to shut the fuck up
>>
>>75132497
>Show was in a old synagogue in Brooklyn
you think this has nothing to do with the result?
>>
>go to Neutral Milk Hotel show in 1998
>every male is a stoic figure of supreme masculinity
>every female descended from Venus herself
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.