[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drug Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 3250947425.png (343KB, 759x425px) Image search: [Google]
3250947425.png
343KB, 759x425px
What does /mu/ think about drugs and their status in popular culture? Music cultures especially tend to glorify drugs (rave/club culture and grunge/alternative heroin/weed chic) and the attitude toward drugs in these scenes seem to be that you're a pussy or uncool if you don't just 'do it' and 'have fun'.
Just have fun bro? Just take the e bro and have fun? Drugs are seen to complete social experiences, hence they are dominant in these scenes as markings of cool

Are these values right? Do you agree with them?
>>
it's not about being cool

majority of drugs enhance or change your perception of music.

either making something that sounds old new or the ability to find new nuanced sounds you weren't receptive to before.
>>
Heroin needs to make a come back. Die for your art
>>
"The road of excess leads to the path of wisdom" - Jim Morrison

I used to think this was a great philosophy until i lost 10 years of my life due to drug abuse trying to 'enhance' my art with chemicals. Little did i know, everything i ever needed i already had. Look within..
>>
File: 1491246202306.png (384KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1491246202306.png
384KB, 526x526px
>>75126862
No. I used to do drugs when I was in my late teens. I was morbidly obese, spent all my time in the shitty parts of town, had little future prospects, etc.
A lot of our perception of drugs comes from people who are taking drugs, so of course they're going to glamorise them. If you would have asked me about drugs during that period of my life I would have said they were great and people should indulge in them. Your view is totally clouded. I consider myself to have a more balanced view on drug use now that I've actually been in that pit. Yeah I thought I was having fun, but looking back it's pretty shameful.
>>
>>75126918
what were you doing man?
>>
>>75126985
jenkem
>>
>>75126862
Reading this, I pick up on what seems like your personal projections of "pressure." I've been going to shows for years (a couple a week, at least), been sober for more than two years, and for me, any pressure to get fucked up is internally driven. Other people simply don't care.
>>
>>75127362
You read right, I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but you're probably right
>>
>>75126862
yes, drugs are fun. even if you don't think you, you should let people be
>>
Listening to music on any psychedelic is like listening to a song for the first time all over again. So that's when I play my favorites on acid. Plus it's interesting seeing how the song will affect me tripping.
>>
>>75126961
>i was morbidly obese

there's your problem right there
>>
>>75128460
once I took acid at Pride in Seattle, there was some rap concert going on nearby. The bass was so loud it felt like it was vibrating my insides and hurting me. I just had to get away from the music, it gave me a bad trip for a little bit.

Would trip again
>>
Drugs are fun as fuck and most make music sound absolutely amazing.
There is literally nothing inherently wrong with a drug
>>
>>75127169
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/wastedapt-111274134.html

anon we know this was you man lol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.