[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your guilty pleasure album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11

File: Limp_Bizkit_Significant_Other.jpg (37KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
Limp_Bizkit_Significant_Other.jpg
37KB, 297x300px
Your guilty pleasure album?
>>
File: Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
Good when I'm working out. It's edgy but it's unironically creative and solid musically.
>>
File: 51S+c6IHLaL.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51S+c6IHLaL.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
No guilt, only pleasure.

Also all the other popular 90s dance hits like ATC - Around the World, Eiffel 65 - Blue and Mr President - Coco Jamboo

>>75113725
I literally just finished downloading this wtf
>>
File: Blackparadecover.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blackparadecover.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
Pic related and American Idiot.
>>
>>75114035
You shouldn't be ashamed of this. Corey Taylor is a legitimately talented vocalist, and the album has pretty solid drumming.
>>75114225
Their debut is better. I feel like this only stand on nostalgia. Same thing with Green Day.

Don't be ashamed of your music, yo. That's Reddit shit. Don't let /mu/ bring you down about what you like and dislike.
>>
>>75114513
>I feel like this only stand on nostalgia. Same thing with Green Day
My Chemical Romance, maybe, I had no real nostalgia for American Idiot (beside the singles, of course), but the overall album is fucking amazing.
>>
>>75114513
Yeah, i feel a little guilty because i like to talk shit about a lot of nu metal but i secretly love some of the bands within that genre.
>>
File: 365724562456.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
365724562456.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>
>>75113725
why feel guilty about that?
it's a solid 6/10
>>
I genuinely enjoy cheesy 2000s pop punk
>>
>>75114548
I prefer Insomniac and Dookie. American Idiot feels a lot less gritty and real, and more like some over the top theatrical "epic" story that doesn't resonate as well with me. But I still think American Idiot has some really nice tracks. I like Give Me Novacane and Whatsername.
>>75114579
But a lot of nu-metal DOES deserve to be shit talked. Just not all of it, in my opinion. I think Limp Bizkit for example is super trashy (sorry, OP), but there's some really cool, overlooked shit out there in that genre.
>>
File: 1481442597149.jpg (172KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1481442597149.jpg
172KB, 500x333px
>>75114513
I wouldn't say it's about /mu/ being elitist, I actually like the elitism. I just think it's acknowledging that the music isn't technically as good as a lot of other music. Green Day and MCR tend to overly of power chords and the same cliche pop punk chord progressions. But they can write great hooks with emotional lyrics so for me it makes up for any short comings. I don't think I've found a single record with hooks as great as an MCR or Green Day record on the /mu/core chart. Sometimes that's all a person wants. Some nice angsty music.
>>
>>75114648
It's ok. I mostly like the instrumentals on some Limp Bizkit songs. Fred Durst is mostly annoying tho.
>>
>>75114513
Don't tell me what not to be ashamed about.
>>
I am a generation x / yer

I do not like /mu/s ideals with music
I feel they get into music that their parents might of gotten into maybe not.

The problem with /mu/ is the fact that they are a fan of a music that they cannot really truly relate to.

They can watch videos all they want
But they are not going to go to a show when the band was in their prime.

They are making fantasies for what the era looked like and fantasies for what the music was.
It is not reality.
Reality is boring and generic
I know
I am sorry guys.

The music now days is extremely lacking and I can see that as another reason why they go back and listen to retro things.

They were to young to expereince the Genx-y change like I have and I wish you were there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0IaszSKyo
It was a crazy time just like the 1960s of music
If I could Id be a time traveller and bring them all with me.

To the last generation that bonded from the music that they listened to.

This generation
It was you yourself that would overcome all your problems.

When you didnt have a family for you you could relate to the music and it would be there
Your peers would be there as well.
I think this is the first generation of music to do this so well.
And that is why there is still a deep love for it.

So this is not my guilty pleasure
It is the main thing I go for when I listen to music.
>>
>>75113725
Fuck off, Interscope Records. I know you just released the reissue of this album today.
>>
File: long-cat.jpg (65KB, 600x754px) Image search: [Google]
long-cat.jpg
65KB, 600x754px
Old memes
>>
>>75114925
I think all of us enjoy old school cat memes. I mean, internet is built upon cat memes.
>>
File: falloutboy.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
falloutboy.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>
>>75115825
The Postal Service but not The Postal Service
>>
File: SleighBells–Treats.jpg (326KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SleighBells–Treats.jpg
326KB, 600x600px
>>
Best workout music in existence.
>>
>>75114035

Nothing wrong here. Slipknot was good then, after Vol3 it went very wrong.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.