[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

T___T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: chester.jpg (71KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
chester.jpg
71KB, 598x598px
It still hurts /mu/
>>
r/music if you even remotely give a shit about this guy offing himself
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZIummTz9mM

this song is painful to listen to now
>>
File: IMG_1365.jpg (52KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1365.jpg
52KB, 384x384px
Who cares, we already got his best work.
>>
>>75109837
1999 EP >>>>> Hybrid Theory
>>
>>75109854
Stop being a contrarian.
>>
I feel bad cause when I was a teenager I never was into them and thought it was dumb music. When he suicided I didn't fell anything at all, but looking how everybody reacted, I felt bad for not feeling anything when he died. Even to this day I feel bad about it. Am I the only one?
>>
DO YOU FEEEEEEL COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>75109910
I feel bad that a cultural figure that many people in my generation relate to has died. I never really liked their music, but I knew who he was and what Linkin Park was. It's just sad.
>>
>>75109920
I feel ya, bud, I feel ya.
>>
>>75109910
pretty much except i really liked his music when i was a teenager
>>
>>75109910
>>75109920
>>75109927
>>75109932
It's ok not to feel anything about his death, what i find in poor taste is endlessly making shitty memes about his suicide all over /mu/ and /b/.
/b/ especially was full of them for weeks.
I don't care about the guy nor his music, but why make fun of a dead man that was obviously depressed?
Seems unnecessary.
Maybe i'm just getting too old for this shit and i don't find edgy humor funny anymore or something.
>>
I really don't get the hate for linkin park. they have catchy pop-rock songs. what more could you want?
>>
>>75109964
Apparently they influenced "nu-males", whatever the fuck that means.
Also at the time they were commonly associated with annoying kids online blasting it everywhere in games and making shitty animu vids using their music as background.
>>
>>75109963
>what i find in poor taste is endlessly making shitty memes about his suicide
You know this is 4chan right? Making socially unacceptable jokes is one of the few reasons to even care about this shitty cambodian tungstenium mining imageboard's existence.
>>
>>75109978
It's completely socially acceptable. People everywhere were making the same "in the end it didn't even matter" jokes. The point is that the jokes just aren't funny.
>>
>>75109978
>>75109993
Basically as the other anon said, it just isn't funny.
Think about "an hero", remember why "an hero" was funny?
Because it was a funny typo, even if the death of that kid was a tragedy.

I don't know how to explain it very well but essentially there's a difference between laughing at something attached to someone's death that has some amusement factor to it, and just going "HAHA WHAT A FAGGOT HE DIED" like people did with chester, it's just less...clever, it's not that funny like this.
>>
>>75109742

>caring about the death of ANY celebrity
>>
>>75109558
It hurt his kids more than it did him. Nice going. Complain about your father in every song, only to bail out on your kids. Nice.
>>
>>75109963
>>75110063
Yeah I'll agree that all those jokes were in poor taste and lazy, but as someone who was a huge fan of him when I was younger and was legitimately saddened by his death, I still think there's something kind of cosmically ironic and darkly funny about a guy who was openly and emphatically singing about wanting to die and being miserable years and nobody noticing that those feelings were legitimate until he actually killed himself. It's like a fuckin Greek tragedy or some shit.
>>
>>75109963
>but why make fun of a dead man that was obviously depressed?
i actually don't think there's anything wrong with this depending how it's done. i think a lot of humour has some sort of tragic element attached, but it's finding the line: whether it's actually pretty funny or you're just being edgy
>>
>>75110102
Eh, I sorta cared about Bowie. But essentially this, you dont know these people and theres something wrong with you if they have that much of an impact on your life.
>>
>>75110127
perhaps he was a bad influence on them and he knew in the end it was for the best?
>>
>>75109910
That's a silly amount of empathy lol
>>
>tfw they were my favorite band when I was 13
>>
https://youtu.be/W8tDvR_fFIc
3:36 ;_;
>>
>>75111109
If you were 13 circa 2000-2005, I don't think it's possible that they weren't your favourite band.
>>
>>75109837
>image not found
He has no good music anon
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.