[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Madlib

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: whitemusicguy.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whitemusicguy.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How do I reach Madlib's level of hip-hop production? Are there certain books I have to read or is it just pure talent at some point?
>>
>>75107619
Madlib doesn't read books on production, he writes them in his head. He just listens to music constantly and analyzes them like a scientist, goes crate digging and experiments constantly. I doubt he thinks too hard when making beats because he can release like 10 albums in a year. With Madlib it's part dedicated study and part pure talent. As for yourself, don't get caught up in learning without doing, just keep messing around making beats and trying new things and keep looking for new music to inspire you. Wouldn't hurt to read some books on the technical aspects of production, but most of it just comes with practice
>>
>>75108392
nothing else needs to be said or posted. said perfectly.
>>
>>75108392
>>75107619
OP do not read any books about making any art. Writing about art is for people who can't do art. Madlib doesn't write charts or books he produces music. Produce music and work hard as much as you can.
>>
Reddit faggots scared of black ppl
>>
>>75108531
>niggers

FTFY
>>
>>75108523
>Writing about art is for people who can't do art

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>75108523
ya this, that's why i said it wouldn't hurt to read about the technical aspects, which won't limit your creativity only help you make 'objectively better-sounding' music. EQs and shit. You kind of need some sort of info to do this stuff "correctly" bc if you're completely uneducated you could be making the same dumb mistake for years without knowing it, reinventing the wheel. But when it comes to the creative aspect, it's usually best not to try to learn any formulas or guidelines from books, those will only limit you unnecessarily
>>
>>75108569
>HAHAetc.
wdhmbt? I mean what is 99% of music 'journalists' except people who are really into music but don't/can't make it
>>
>>75108582
reinventing the wheel is the best thing you can ever do
>>
>>75108392
t. Zaytoven
>>
>>75108569
I'm just here to shill and talk shit really.
>>
>>75108601
going by the actual meaning of that phrase it just means it's a waste of time. The technical side of music production isn't something every individual needs to completely rediscover on their own. Leave all that time and effort for the actual artistry. Still fucking hard to get good at production even with useful info, and once you "master" it (or get passably good) you can still experiment with production, but it's important to know what you're actually doing
>>
File: 1440642904498.png (61KB, 475x382px) Image search: [Google]
1440642904498.png
61KB, 475x382px
>>75108627
wait do you know how to invent a wheel though?
>>
>>75108638
f-fuck, senpai.. you got me
>>
>>75108592
>>75108610

If you've never read critiques on cinema, art and music then you can't just say that they do it because they can't make art. There's a difference between some hipster who writes a garbage review and sometime who spends most of their time curating and delving into art.
>>
>>75108677
I think there's a difference between people who can analyze art and those who can produce it. Like there might be someone like Pauline Kael who can deeply appreciate art and dissect it and write a great piece about it, but that doesn't mean that they can create a film that's as good as the art they appreciate. And there might be a director like David Lynch who just does his thing without over-analyzing and lets the creativity flow, but maybe he wouldn't make a good critic. They have different strengths, which is why they have the careers that they do
>>
>>75107619

at least have some basic knowledge of the daw

the rest is like >>75108392 said
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.