[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I absolutely cannot figure out how to make music on Ableton,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I absolutely cannot figure out how to make music on Ableton, where do I start? I just want to make hip-hop beats and maybe some jungle/rave/lo-fi meme house type stuff but whenever I watch YouTube videos I just get more confused, since they start out in a lot of different ways
>>
It's gonna take time and practice.
I recommend you instead learn some basic music theory alongside reading a beginners guide to albeton. Start small, then use your understanding to see what it is people in the genres you want to make are doing.
>>
>>75107603
Not OP but learning music theory doesn't do anything towards learning how to use production software lmao

I can make a nice piano roll with default synths, fucking woop de do
>>
>>75107459
Honestly if you just wanna make beats just get a Maschine or something. Ableton is geared towards people who want to go into extreme amounts of minutia when making electronic compositions. It can be used to make beats, sure, and it's got good audio editing tools, but that's not what it was made for.

Making hip hop beats today requires literally 5 minutes worth of youtube tutorials and no musical background. Fucking Audacity could probably work just as good as a beat making program
>>
>>75107459
>I absolutely cannot figure out how to make music on Ableton, where do I start?
download Reaper
>>
>>75107459

How about he built in fucking tutorial that comes with the program?
>>
if you wanted me to reply with genuine advice you shouldn't have said you were going to make lo-fi house
>>
drag things on to the timeline
throw some samples in there
bam
>>
How do I make drone
>>
>>75109435
Dine wave in E with some distortion, chorus and reverb.
>>
>>75109488
*sine
>in E
in A
>>
>>75109240

You can always use Rewire with other applicable software with ableton.

Use something great for beats, like renoise as a slave and make your beats there, then record your stuff to a track in ableton.
>>
>>75107603
>>75109240
>>75109285
hurr durr disregard ableton DO IT MY WAY

not OP, but you people are literal utter crap.
>>
>>75109516
I was just kidding you uptight ass
>>
I've got a similar question, but regarding FL Studios; I've made a bunch of samples, melodies, beats and bass lines, what now?
>>
Ableton's landing page on the right handside usually gives a good intro about what to do. All you can really do is just have fun fucking around on it and learn as you go along. Once you know what you want, you will find a way to learn (beit through internet research, forums and the like etc.)
>>
>>75107459
Have you heard of FL Studio ?
>>
what is youtube
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.