[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this their most popular and well-known album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Cover.jpg (763KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
763KB, 1000x1000px
>not their best (Larks' Tongues in Aspic)
>not their most accessible (Discipline)
>not their most complex (highly debatable, but certainly not this)
>not their jazziest (Lizard)
>not their poppiest (Beat)
>not their weirdest (THRAK)
What gives?
>>
File: 324978gfd.png (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
324978gfd.png
72KB, 800x800px
>>
>>
It was the first and it blew all the hippies minds
>>
Only contrarians say it's not their best
>>
>>75107067
Probably because of the 21st Century Schizoid Man sample on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. It's one of the best Kanye albums, so there are probably a lot of people who listened to it and then listened to what it sampled.
>>
>>75107310
Yeah. That's it. That's what happened all right.
>>
>>75107310
This. MBDTF did the same thing to drukqs to a lesser extent
>>
File: 8hfn.png (231KB, 473x358px) Image search: [Google]
8hfn.png
231KB, 473x358px
>>75107333
Look at me! I listen to prog, like King Crimson, Yes, Rush and Genisis! And I MOPE!
>>
Because its a good album and 21 Century Schizo Man is one of their most accessible. Red isn't more accessible unless your a metalfag, discipline is more poppy if your a new wave fag. But this appeals to everyone.

And fuck that underage newfag that thinks Kanye has to do with it, this album was spammed here years before Kanye
>>
I imagine because it was their highly influential debut, and that is more or less popularized prog rock.
I'm not going to go so far as to claim it was the first prog rock album, but it's certainly one of the first.
>>75107310
ITCOTCK was their most popular since way before MBDTF you imbecile
>>
what the fuck
every song feels full and intrinsic
it's just a matter of being great and to the point while not overstaying its welcome
>>
File: 1494404891440.jpg (18KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1494404891440.jpg
18KB, 305x309px
>>75107310
>thinks that kanye made itcotck popular
imagine being this retatrded
>>
best album cover
nobody listens to the fcking music

itt why is this picasso's best painting? he painted it at 38
>>
>>75107157
Or, you know, people who have actually listened to their discography and are capable of forming their own opinions.

ITCOTCK is great, but for me it's their 4th-5th best album at most.
>>
>>75107067
It is their best
It is relatively accessible (certainly of their earliest material)
It's decently complex, though Discipline wins that I think.
People don't go to prog rock for jazz.
Or for pop.
It is pretty weird compared to most of their titles, and probably on par with THRAK in that respect.
>>
>>75107310
ITCOTCK was already well known and discussed, especially on /mu/, before Power.

fucking newfags
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.