[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we talk about how trash this album is? it literally just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: shitalbum.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
shitalbum.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
can we talk about how trash this album is?

it literally just got memed into existence by people spamming it on release until all the plebs on this board assumed that they were supposed to like it. it's a self-indulgent, unoriginal mess that only appeals to the teenagers who like to jerk off to themselves pretending to be "existential" and have never felt real emotion in their lives so need to have over-exaggerated "feelings" spoon-fed to them by a whiny pretentious fuck.

the only half-decent song on this album is deep, deep and even that is pretty shallow once you've listened to it more than twice. it's honestly laughable how many people have fallen for this emperors-new-clothes of an album. if you genuinely think this album is good, that's great, i'm happy for you, now go back to listening to your death grips and neutral milk hotel on the bus on the way to middle school.
>>
>pleb detected

but seriously, its kind of all over the place, probably not deserving of the praise it gets, but its still a fantastic album
>>
>>75106944
You're right, but the thing is everyone knows it and we still like it and ultimately people on a board like this enjoy having something in common so even if it's not the best album ever made, it's one you know other people here will share as an experience with you
>>
>>75106944
>>75107373
The reason /mu/ worshipped this album back in the day is because of specific tracks.
Not the entire album as a whole.
It's meant to be listened with closed eyes letting the music transport you into some strange, emotional places.
For example i keep envisioning a huge empty football stadium at night for some of these tracks, for some reason.

It's basically a "i'm gonna relax and let the music carry me somewhere" kind of listen and not a "i'm going to sit down and hate the fuck out of this and it needs to convince me otherwise".
Is it overpraised and overhyped?
Yeah, sure.
But it's still really good for it's intended purpose.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>it's not actually a good album, just some good songs
>it's really more of an experience than actual music
>it's good because everyone here has listened to it
>>
>>75107721
Going to agree with you on those points. You shouldn't let your standards on music drop too low.
>>
i think this album is the perfect example of everything wrong with this board, especially in the last few years (/mu/ had problems before too, but they were different problems)
>>
>>75107516
>The reason /mu/ worshipped this album back in the day is because of specific tracks.
which ones
>>
>>75107822
A Quick One Before the Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut
Bloodhail
Hunter
Deep, Deep
The Future
I Don't Love
Earthmover (meme)
>>
>>75107840
Who would be bothered if I sampled some of those and made some beats?
>>
>>75107872
I'd be interested to hear them. Deep, Deep is ripe for plundering.
>>
>>75107516
good job, way to make that album sound even gayer and more vapid than it is.

next time try to avoid expressing yourself with emo clichés
>>
>>75107872
No one would be bothered, it's actually a decent idea.
>>
reckon there was a good song on it, was surprised when I had it.
>>
>>75106944
It's a dull album. Even if you like this kind of thing Deathconsciousness is a bland, empty piece of shit and offers nothing to the listener except boredom and the appearance of depth. Anyone over the age of 18 who legitimately enjoys this album is deluding themselves or an idiot or both.
>>
this board is dead
>>
File: 1488540873736.jpg (177KB, 852x581px) Image search: [Google]
1488540873736.jpg
177KB, 852x581px
>>75108323
>>
>>75107822
all of them?
>>
In 2008-2009 it was literally being spammed here hard by actual Enemies List Recordings staff.
>>
>>75109771
more info on that please
>>
File: smug 2.jpg (60KB, 527x513px) Image search: [Google]
smug 2.jpg
60KB, 527x513px
>>75107840
>Not Holy Fucking Shit: 40 000
>>
File: disdain.jpg (40KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
40KB, 400x402px
it's not trash OP. it has just been memed a bit too much lately. it's self indulgent but definitely not unoriginal or pretentious. but hey, don't let me stop you from jerking yourself off trying think you're deeper for not liking this album.

it's not great but a pretty decent album on its own.
>>75108317
>being this retarded
lol kys
>>
i like it very much thanks
>>
What does the French Revolution has to do with this album?
>>
>>75111742
In the same way that the revolutionaries killed off the perceived blight so to do we kill off parts of ourselves, be they blight or not
>>
>>75109771
Lol fuck off. Dan never made any significant cash off of enemies list. He couldn't hire people and he still doesn't. The record works through his savings and the merchandise that sells. No way he has enough money to hire people to shill his bedroom project.
>>
>>75106944
I like this, Death Grips, and Neutral Milk Hotel. Guess I should hang myself.
>>
>threads where people recommend and discuss music
>10 replies, dead in 2 hours

>obvious bait threads where someone calls a popular album a meme
>guaranteed 100+ replies, will make it to post limit
>>
>>75113099
welcome to /mu/ hope you enjoy your stay
>>
>>75107840
Literally only the first one is worthwhile
>>
i love earthmover. dan makes great melodies and pairs noise and silence beautifully for the post-punk blackgaze thing he has going on. it's very hipstery but i think if anyone arrives on HANL interested in anything similar to it, they're gonna love it for good reason
>>
yeah i hate that album
its boring and plain
>>
Great album. You won't change mine, or anybody's mind with this OP. It's beloved, legendary and unique.
>>
>>75113148
the best way to start a discussion on this board is the take the most extreme position possible
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.