[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G&L or Heritage guitars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF20771.jpg (207KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF20771.jpg
207KB, 1280x960px
Anyone had any luck with these? I like g&l as they seem to be the evolution of Leo Fenders work. Heritage seems like they make a good Les Paul. I'm in the market for a new guitar and I don't want a fender because I want to try a new name, and I don't want to support Gibson because they're guitars are over priced in my opinion.

Anyone had any luck with these brands?
>>
>>75098458
Heritage guitars are great, better than Gibson probably, i've only tried their jazz guitars though.
>>
>>75098458
They're both absolutely great and put out guitars for much less than comparable Gibsons and Fenders. Even the tribute series G&Ls are really good, because they use the same parts/pickups as the American ones. Both brands have less resale value, but you can't really go wrong with either.
>>
>>75098627
I was thinking of getting a tribute to start with as I save for a really nice legacy or h150. You'd say the tributes are a good value then?

>>75098496
Thats my thinking as well, I sorely wish they made an SG variant.
>>
DESU I like Leo's EBMM guitars (Stingray and Cutlass) more than G&L. They're pricey though.
>>
Shelton Galaxyflites are incredible

http://www.sheltonelectricinstruments.com/img/720x720/DSCN5169.jpg
>>
>>75098684
>You'd say the tributes are a good value then?
Hell yes. They're among the best values in electric guitars, period, especially for how cheap Musicians Friend has been blowing them out for lately.
>>
>>75098913
I was considering one, but I've had my fair share of cheap feeling guitars and am hesitant. seeing them go for $150 worries me, though I assume its just because it doesn't say fender on the headstock.
>>
>>75099292
>I assume its just because it doesn't say fender on the headstock.
It's mostly this. Apparently G&L was also have some issues with their factory or distributor; I don't remember all of the details, but they ended up having to move a lot of stock quickly.

There's no reason to be worried, though; like I said, they use the same parts as the American guitars, and the quality control is really high. I don't think I've played a single G&L (and I've mostly played the cheap ones, since the dealers near me do the USA models as custom orders) that didn't feel very solid.
>>
>>75098458
i love my g&l bass. fretless sb2 from the 80s or some shit, american made. its got those wierd pick ups they only made for a few years that are really hot. its a weird bass but i like it.
>>
>>75099441
Interesting, its the opposite where I am. No tributes in stores but USA models everywhere. the American ones were 1200-1500 and the tributes I've seen range between 200-400.. Thats a massive price difference.
>>
I wish Heritage would start making the equivalent of an SG.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.