[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is rap, say something nice about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 22

File: rap.png (8KB, 1108x1108px) Image search: [Google]
rap.png
8KB, 1108x1108px
this is rap, say something nice about it
>>
>>75097064
i like the beat
>>
File: 1497873520748.jpg (50KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1497873520748.jpg
50KB, 500x491px
RETARDS
ATTEMPTING
POETRY
>>
objectively best and most original genre
>>
File: 1494441331191.png (415KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1494441331191.png
415KB, 800x580px
>>75097171
What did he mean by this?
>>
I like how they treat women like shit. It's a good thing it's the most popular genre since it has the potential to remind society that women are to be beaten and subservient to men at all times.
>>
>>75097475
i think he mean it the greatest genre and it also the most original genre. he's right desu
>>
>>75097171
>>75097981
I mean you're both wrong and/or the same person but okay
>>
>>75097064
It's what rock wishes it could be
>>
I think you can put a C in front of it and call it you know what
>>
File: 1504966620840.jpg (117KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1504966620840.jpg
117KB, 950x534px
>>75097171
>most original genre
>>
>>75098349
hes dead
>>
File: wu.jpg (140KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
wu.jpg
140KB, 1125x1125px
>>75097064
>>
Lyrically superior to any other genre that ever existed but musically one of the worst.
>>
>>75097064
It is the most lyrical genre.
>>
Best party music, but no one on here has ever gone to a party
>>
>>75097064
lol (c)rap
>>
>>75098865
Also probably the least musical.
>>75098935
That'd be reggaeton, actually.
>>
The most diverse and inclusive genre
The most lyrically dense genre
The greatest weapon against unassuming masses
The
>>
ITT: people who think rap is a genre when it's a form of vocal delivery like sing, shou, speak and scream.
Absolute retards the lot of you.
>>
>>75099092
ITP: retard unable to discern the difference between rapping and rap music
>>
>>75099135
Hip-hop is a genre, Grime is a genre, rap is not a genre. Is doubling down on nonsense an attempt at 'pretending to be retarded' or are you actually that stupid?
>>
>>75099167
The term "rap music" is widespread enough (including among rappers themselves) to render the distinction virtually irrelevant.
>>
>>75099267
>rap music is a term used by people who rap that is all encompassing and covers all works that feature rapping regardless of genre
Yeah, it's not a secret. It's also not a genre.
If you're not going to try and force an imaginary argument that explains how rap is a genre then stop trying to save face and argue with me, thanks.
>>
>>75099135
>>75099167
>>75099326
>caring this much
>>
>>75099340
Meant to reply to >>75099092 not >>75099135
>>
>>75099340
>how dare you discuss music terms on a music discussion board
Sorry, we should all be shitposting like you right?
>>
File: dennehy-by-serengeti.jpg (54KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
dennehy-by-serengeti.jpg
54KB, 401x400px
>>75097064
Serengeti is one of the most worthwhile musicians of the modern age and a singular affirmation of rap's viability/importance as a mode of creative expression
>>
File: 1500089564860.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1500089564860.png
1MB, 1200x675px
>>75099167
Deliberately refusing to acknowledge anything said to you is my idea of pretending to be retarded and you seem to be doing a fine job at that. Rapping is the form of vocal delivery accompanying hip-hop beats to form rap music, thus birthing the rap genre.

Pic related, it's me.
>>
File: maki2.png (262KB, 328x365px) Image search: [Google]
maki2.png
262KB, 328x365px
>>75099438
>rap isn't a genre
>"yes it is"
>explain how
>"when you rap over hip-hop (an actual genre) it is the rap genre"
You should consider getting a lobotomy. At the very least stop posting on /mu/ if you don't know what a genre is.
>>
>>75099501
Why is rock and roll a genre, for that matter?
>>
>>75099267
this should've ended the argument tbdesu. obvi rap is the vocal delivery but language is flexible and 95% of the time "rap" is synonymous with "hip-hop". if you say you listen to "rap", people will understand it as hip-hop--maybe the connotation is more toward gangsta rap than "hip-hop" is, but still very similar. also why care
>>
File: 1504815060630.png (2KB, 252x67px) Image search: [Google]
1504815060630.png
2KB, 252x67px
>>75099501
Again, you're not taking in any information and just discard it because you're the arbiter of what's a genre and what's not.
I have the power of logic on my side and your inability to grasp such an easy concept astounds me
>>
>>75099538
It follows the same naming convention as hip-hop... Rock'n'roll was named based on how the audience danced to the music. If you want to know what makes it a genre specifically you can google that yourself. It's not really relevant to the discussion at hand.

>>75099589
What about every single other genre in existence? Rappers exist in every genre. You may as well call pop music 'sing' - despite other genres featuring singing and pop music featuring other vocal delivery formats.
Really terrible argument, senpai.
>>
>>75099634
>Despite me not being able to explain how rap is a genre I will continue to say it is because I say so, ironically project that stance on anyone who disagrees with my non-argument and take a screenshot of wikipedia to truly prove how smart I am.
Go find 'rap' on here: https://rateyourmusic.com/rgenre/
Literally telling you how to find your argument now.
>>
>>75099501
For the benefit of those of us out there considering lobotomy, what is the correct definition of a genre?
>>
>>75099640
not really. Rappers barely exist in genres outside of hip-hop when compared to the rappers that exist within hip-hop, i.e., 98% of rappers are in hip-hop. Also, "screamo" is a vocal delivery synonymous with its genre. Also, just because singing has multiple genres where it's very common doesn't mean that rap, a different subject with a different history, has the exact same story.
Your argument against my argument is full of fallacies and plot holes anon. Revise yourself
>>
>>75099683
>google for me pls

>>75099697
>screamo is a vocal style
No, it's a micro-genre of post-hardcore.emo with screaming vocals.
>98% of rappers are in hip-hop
Not true. R&B, grime, nu-metal, edm, eurodance. A lot of genres have a heavy reliance on rapped vocals.
>Also, just because singing has multiple genres where it's very common doesn't mean that rap, a different subject with a different history, has the exact same story
They are directly comparable, you can't just decide that they aren't because you have been using rap instead of hip-hop for your entire life.
>Your argument against my argument is full of fallacies and plot holes anon
It's actually not. Your argument doesn't even exist, though.
>>
>>75099755
>micro-genre
buzzwords
>with screaming vocals
hence, "screamo"

>nu-metal, eurodance
ya the 2% of non hip-hop

>you have been using rap instead
actually I use hip-hop but I'm just don't focus my sperginess on being needlessly pedantic for the thrill of feeling superior

>It's actually not
It is tho
>>
File: 1503962539152.png (2KB, 275x116px) Image search: [Google]
1503962539152.png
2KB, 275x116px
>>75099678
I did explain it, but it's like telling a stone at the bed of the ocean to swim. No matter how much I tell you to swim you will never be able to.
You're the stone in this instance if that wasn't immediately clear to you, I know you have trouble when it comes to taking in information. While the rest of us are able to realize that rap is, can and will be considered a genre - you're so set in your ways you can't imagine being wrong.

Also here, thanks for the hand with the argument. Looking forward to more ignorance on your part
>>
>>75099844
>micro-genre is a buzzword
No it's not
>I'll ignore that screamo is posthardcore/emo with screaming vocals and demand that it means all music that has screams in it
No.

>I will write-off all of your explanations for no reason because I'm stubborn and information that is contrary to my pre-existing presumed understanding of the world is an attack on me. I'd rather be wrong and an idiot than cop the fuck on and concede this argument I clearly lost
Grow up.

You're probably a teenager, I guess, that's no excuse for being an idiot though.

>>75099899
All you've said is "rap is a genre because I said it is". There is an actual break-down of genres, they actual are categories with actual parameters. You haven't made any sort of argument, you just keep demanding that you're right and making weird, ironic jabs at me. It's really weird.
>>
File: 12d.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
I'll end this shit once and for all:
Language is fluid. Rap (n.) is a widely used synonym for "hip hop". Hip hop is a genre. Therefore:
Rap = hip hop = genre.
There.
>>
>>75097064
it's nice seeing rap being the dominate genre right now
>>
>>75100023
>instrument is a synonym for machine. Motor is a synonym for machine. Guitar is an instrument. Motor is British slang for a car Therefore a guitar is a car.
Gonna drive my guitar right now, thanks for your excellent grasp on the English language.
>>
>>75099938
>I get so assravaged by correctly being identified as a pedant that I will resort to ad hominems that falsely speculate your age
Get over yourself, you've already lost this useless argument. It's a sign of immaturity that you're so emotionally attached to your pedantic opinions.

Rap has a different musical history than singing--you deny this, but it's true. Rap is virtually synonymous with hip-hop, which is valid given the plasticity of language which molds itself to popular usage. You're antiquated stance against this is naive and pointless, a fruitless exercise in prescriptivism.
>>
>>75100071
Motor is a type of machine not a synonym for it, your argument has collapsed, please try again
>>
>>75100076
>If I make wild, baseless statements that have no merit that I imagined and refuse to back them up then everyone else is stubborn and wrong and ignorant and I am right for refusing to explain the statements I made!
Forcing the 6 big words you learned no 4chan into your ironic shitpost was a nice touch - really compliments the delusional self-importance.
>>
File: you're all retards.png (47KB, 1227x384px) Image search: [Google]
you're all retards.png
47KB, 1227x384px
>>75100111
(you)
>>
>>75100113
>ironic shitpost
now the projection appears

>forcing the 6 big words
I was actually trying to dumb it down for you, which words were too big for you to handle?

Are you this big of a denialist for everything else in your life? For the sake of those around you, reassess yourself. Tone down your superiority complex. Don't be so pretentious about language, it's fluid. Rap is synonymous with hip-hop
>>
File: Line of Fire.jpg (1MB, 1366x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Line of Fire.jpg
1MB, 1366x1366px
BRAND NEW!
https://soundcloud.com/alexauld/line-of-fire

>RAP/HIPHOP
>>
File: bruh.png (44KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
44KB, 625x626px
>>75100113
>>75100137
I legitmately cant tell if this guy is trying to be serious or not
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LilOKKBVqrU
>>
>>75100161
Still waiting for you to present the argument you are hyping up so hard
>you are a real dummy, everyone must hate you IRL
>me on the other hand, I am very cool and smart which is why I start arguing at people but never present an argument but call them wrong until they stop posting
>it's the only way I can feel like a winner in life
To be fair, I am pathetic for replying to you at all, but I am really intereste din this correct argument you claim to have so I have to stick it out.
>>
i like how it steals other peoples music and makes it worse
>>
File: no u.jpg (43KB, 756x188px) Image search: [Google]
no u.jpg
43KB, 756x188px
>>75100137
>believing google auto-synonyms are actual 100% synonyms that are completely interchangeable and not just tangentially-related word suggestions
same thing as using a thesaurus to write an essay and mis-using smart words bc the book said they're synonyms so must basically be the same exact word, right? except any decent english teacher tells you on day one not to do this bc it's what idiots fall for. good job

pic related definition shows "motor" to be a specific type of machine, not a synonym for it
>>
>>75099340
Simply dad... that you?
>>
>>75100223
did you accidentally post in wrong thread? this thread is about rap music, not white people music
>>
>>75100230
>I don't know what a synonym is
Are you serious? No synonym is directly inter-changeable with another universally. And no two synonyms are exactly the same word - that's why they are different words. What the hell are you even trying to argue?
>>
Rick
And
Pmorty
>>
>>75100219
>To be fair, I am pathetic
this

>Still waiting for you to present the argument you are hyping up so hard
You fucking fool. The argument has been presented itt dozens of times, you're just blind to reasoning. Language is fluid. In the English language, "rap" is synonymous with "hip-hop". 98% of rapped music is in the genre hip-hop. People using "rap" and "hip-hop" interchangeably, because languages fluidity allows for things like this to happen. You're a stubborn pedant
>>
File: seanprice.png (112KB, 603x319px) Image search: [Google]
seanprice.png
112KB, 603x319px
>>
>>75100278
>No synonym is directly inter-changeably with another universally
H20 <=> water
checkmate, fuckhole. plenty more where that came from
>>
File: GHOSTFACE.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GHOSTFACE.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: mfdoom.jpg (323KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mfdoom.jpg
323KB, 1200x1000px
>>
File: BIG.jpg (39KB, 706x423px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
39KB, 706x423px
>>
>>75100256
link me a rap song with orchestral strings that wasn't lifted off a 1970s fusion album or film score written by a white person
>>
File: gza.jpg (24KB, 658x350px) Image search: [Google]
gza.jpg
24KB, 658x350px
>>
I posted 5 pictures of nice things about hip hop
>>
>>75100284
>98% of rapped music is in the genre hip-hop
I already counter-argued that and you just replied with "nuh-uh"
>In the English language, "rap" is synonymous with "hip-hop"
In the English language every word has a synonym. That doesn't make them all the same word. If you apply synonyms like that then you will end up having every word mean the same thing. Literally made an artwork for a gallery on that topic when I was 20 years old.
>People using "rap" and "hip-hop" interchangeably, because languages fluidity allows for things like this to happen.
It sure does, but that's not really what is happening. Rap is referring to the rapping. Rap music refers to all music featuring rapping. Hip-hop is a specific genre based on sampling other music that follows a typical rhythmic pattern. Said that the first time you argued that point and you never counter argued, you just said "nuh-uh".
>You're a stubborn pedant
>you're just blind to reasoning
Go look through the discussion, you're a hypocrite.

>>75100309
H20? Do you mean H2O? That's the chemical formula for water - it literally is water. You may as well say Dog, chien and inu are synonyms!!!! Retard.
>>
>>75100347
why? do you actually think sampling/looping, or re-using older musical material, is a bad thing? Cuz whites do it all the time too, recycling older ideas in a new way is part of making art. Also, whites ripped off nearly every genre so pls show me a rock, jazz, hip-hop, country, or blues song that didn't lift from a black person
>>
File: krsone.jpg (46KB, 850x315px) Image search: [Google]
krsone.jpg
46KB, 850x315px
>>
>>75100370
>I already counter-argued th-
yes but you were wrong because 98% of rap is still hip-hop
>Literally made an artwork for a gallery on that topic when I was 20 years old
Oholy shity that is patrician! Still amazing that you don't understand that rap/hip-hop being synonymous is an exception and not a rule, amazing that you can't tell the difference
>rap is referring to the rapping
Yes, and when hip-hop has rap in it, people call it rap music. Interchangeably.

>H20? Do you mean H2O?
you just literally can't even help yourself from being a pedant
>>
>>75100394
>do you actually think sampling/looping, or re-using older musical material, is a bad thing?
if by "sample" you mean the whole song is copied, pasted and then rapped over, then yes
>>
>>75100440
>yes but you were wrong because 98% of rap is still hip-hop
A baseless argument because you're a stubborn idiot who can't accept new information contrary to their assumptions
>you don't understand that rap/hip-hop being synonymous is an exception and not a rule
Based on what? What logic is this conclusion based on? You can't just make ignorant claims and ignore counter arguments because you feel like it
>Yes, and when hip-hop has rap in it, people call it rap music. Interchangeably.
Same thing happens in edm, eurodance, nu-metal, R&B, grime, pop and every other genre on occasion because 'rap music' refers to music that has rap vocals.

Either make an actual counter-argument or fuck off.
>>
>>75099938
>All you've said is "rap is a genre because I said it is".
I said you confused rapping with rap, I've provided evidence to support my claim.
>You haven't made any sort of argument, you just keep demanding that you're right and making weird, ironic jabs at me.
Now you're just making up lies. I've made arguments, just because you refuse to acknowledge them and make up snide greentexts rewriting things so you can argue against to fuel your ego does not invalidate them. I haven't demanded that I'm right, if I were to make a demand it would be some leeway in your reasoning.
>>
>>75100538
>I said you confused rapping with rap, I've provided evidence to support my claim
What? Are you arguing rap as a colloquial banner term for all music that has rap vocals? Because I argued that ages ago, like at the very beginning.
>Now you're just making up lies
I may have assumed you and another anon are the same person. If so I apologise.
>>
>>75100523
>you're a stubborn idiot who can't accept new information contrary to their assumptions
more ad hominems, but this is actually very accurate projection
>You can't just make ignorant claims and ignore counter arguments because you feel like it
more projection
>Same thing happens in edm, eurodance, nu-metal, R&B, grime, pop and every other genre on occasion because 'rap music' refers to music that has rap vocals.
No because that isn't hip-hop rap. Rap is used interchangeably with hip-hop. 98% of the time, rap is used in hip-hop, hence why they're synonymous in practical usage. You don't like being practical though, you like being pedantic

>Either make an actual counter-argument or fuck off.
please take your own advice I cannot stand anymore projection from you
>>
>>75100667
>statements based on what I'm actually doing are projections
No, they are observations and criticisms of your shitty posts.
>98% of blah blah non-argument I made up
Fuck off and stop posting. There are actual reasonable arguments that can be made here, but you're making up this bizarre shit that doesn't make any sense.

Stop posting, my man. There's no point going down the "I was only pretending to be retarded" lane. I can't begin to understand the mindset of someone who relentlessly argues without an argument like this.
>>
>>75100729
>without an argument
The simply argument is that rap is synonymous with hip-hop. Are you truly this far down in denial that you can't accept reality?

Please fuck off and stop posting senpai, your shitty "argument" has been BTFO numerous times and yet you pretend that it hasn't, pretend there has been no counter-argument, pretend whatever you want so you can maintain your pedantic charade. We both know you've lost, the only shame now is in not admitting it.
>>
ITT: 2 groups of pedants arguing over whether or not rap is a genre (it is)
>>
>>75100761
>the argument I made that you explained didn't make any sense is my argument and your explanations don't exist because I say so!
Ok, thanks for embarrassing yourself.

>>75100800
nice samefagging though.
>>
>>75098349
David Bowie isn't a genre
>>
File: 20170912_004908.png (40KB, 952x257px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_004908.png
40KB, 952x257px
>>75100817
Nice try
>>
>>75100817
>>75100891
thanks for embarrassing yourself
>>
>>75100616
>What? Are you arguing rap as a colloquial banner term for all music that has rap vocals? Because I argued that ages ago, like at the very beginning.
I'm arguing that you confused the art of rapping with rap music. That's all I've been arguing. Your first post was retarded. Your refusal to acknowledge this made for good entertainment.
My favorite part was how you just flat outright ignored that RYM doesn't agree with you.

If you could go back and follow our string of posts you'll find that as it stands my argument is solid and yours is brittle.
>>
>>75101150
Wondering why a rap thread has so many stupid posts like this. Wonder if there's some correlation.
>>
>>75097064
The best at sucking hard
>>
>>75099755
when are people going to stop acting like grime is a separate genre from hip hop

>same rapping delivery but with english accents
>oo le wacky electronic beats
>i grew up on da tough london streets

its a subgenre of hip hop. ex: grunge is still rock music
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.