[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is the best place to discover recently released albums,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: MI0003641449.jpg (60KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003641449.jpg
60KB, 500x748px
Where is the best place to discover recently released albums, especially ones worth listening to?

I'm a neet so I have no friends to discuss music with so I barely ever listen to a new album unless it's discussed a lot on /mu/ but I know I'm missing probably 70% of good releases.

Preferably something that isn't pitchfork too.
>>
>>75095629
reddit
>>
>>75096218
this
>>
>>75095629
Monstercat
>>
File: Red.jpg (38KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
38KB, 1000x1000px
>>75095629
Something I've never quite understood is the capacity for /mu/goers to feign an interest in exploring new music while refusing to act accordingly. If you have so much fee time why don't you build up a list of labels and bands that put out material you enjoy and follow them ? It takes more work than mindlessly droning through a publication or review website but you create a system that builds your skill set (seeking out new material) and allows you to passively accrue music you're more likely to enjoy.

Why is /mu/ so lazy ?
>>
www.albumoftheyear.org has really good user-generated lists of upcoming releases each month. the best way to really find out what's worth listening to is to go through websites like these, accidentally listen to a bunch of stuff you don't like so much, then keep track of the new artists you do like. follow them on social media to hear about new releases, look up their record label and check out the other bands signed to it, look up the band members' collabs and side projects. If you can, get into the local scene that they're a part of and see what bands they play shows with.

Bandcamp also publishes a lot of articles really often highlighting new releases, I find a lot of stuff through there
>>
>>75096218
Yes, i think. Check Rateurmusic also, a lot of people creates lists and things like that, even discuss.
Plus it's not so full of retards like reddit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.