[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he drum so fast? Who was faster.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ui.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ui.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
How did he drum so fast? Who was faster.
>>
Stephen is very underrated for sure
>>
coke
>>
never really took time to appreciate the guy. goes to show he probably is underrated
>>
>>75094228
Ian creeped him out so he was always on edge
>>
>>75094249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBt3mJtgJc

just look at him. how does he do that. hes like an athlete and was still tight af too. i mean im sure hes not the best technical drummer but the pace. I still find it mad that he keeps that pace on the hi-hat or cymbal or w.e it is and he still can get some sort of fills in. not just on this song obviously.
>>
>>75094228
don't think joy division would have worked if they had another drummer. best "musician" in the band easily.
>>
>>75094384

I think his best work is She's Lost Control, but the live versions. He's replicating the air bottle "tsh tsh" sound in the beat.

>>75094464

Considering how both Bernard and Hooky both bought instruments the day after the Sex Pistols gig, that's correct. Plus Stephen was already an accomplished drummer before hand. He's just very passive. You can tell that Hooky was the musical leader of the group and everyone just followed.
>>
>>75094545
musical leader? i thought sumner was in terms of the musical ideas. Yeah morris is like a metronome. hypnotic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94DeieWZgTM
>>
>>75094384
Fast drumming is like dribbling a basketball. You've got to play the rebound instead of putting force into every hit.

Stephen is an underrated member of the group, but his speed and consistency is attainable for anyone willing to spend time working on their technique. The majority of indie/folk/pop drummers don't need that sort of speed, and jazz/metal drummers aren't usually interested in the sorts of beats that Stephen played.
>>
>>75094805
yes, true but still very unique sound and still needs some stamina. You can see him starting to struggle on some of the songs now hes older.
>>
>>75094228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VcGJZpfl1c

>tfw rhythm section saves the day
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.