[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy guitar recording for total begginers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Mr.-Bob-Wood.jpg (145KB, 747x420px)
Mr.-Bob-Wood.jpg
145KB, 747x420px
Hi. I would like your help with a small family project of mine. I play a little guitar, and my grandfather likes to sing, so he had this idea of making a couple of songs together. Completely amateour project, but important to him. So I got his vocal parts in the mp3 files amd need to merge it with my guitar parts. So questions: hod do I record guitar on computer (got electric)? Do you know any free and easy apps? And how can I put guitar parts and vocal parts together? Thank you in advance for any help.
>>
nothing is free if you want to be good, unless youre truly gifted
>>
>>75094132
mic up the amp and record it that way, 2/3rds of the sound comes from the physical work your amp does
>And how can I put guitar parts and vocal parts together?
for free you'd be stuck with Audacity or you could pirate Adobe Audition
>>
FYI if you have a mac or iPhone you have GarageBand free. Not shilling, just saying.
>>
Mic your amp up, use metronome and record into Audacity
put vocals in and match with the guitar's rhythm
EQ, compress, limit, iZoTope-Vinyl, or whatever the fuck to help fix it up.
>>
>>75094132
audacity or reaper
drag the vocals to the program and they will play as you record your guitars so you just play along
>>
File: 1503964797531.jpg (57KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1503964797531.jpg
57KB, 500x513px
>>75094132
This is the comfiest thread of the year. Thanks, anon
>>
>>75094132

Well, you'll record the guitar with either a microphone or directly into your computer, in both cases, you'll need some sort of interface and some sort of software. For software, you can do you're own damn research, but what you're looking for what is called a "digital audio workstation" or DAW for short, read about them and either buy or pirate it, there'll be tons of sites comparing information about them.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=daw&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=NOC2WcjoKOSMgAae-rToDw

You can probably get any half way decent interface as well from the same sort of search, it's a fairly common thing you want to do.
>>
git mac book

git garage band

watch Youtube videos on how to use garage band

get mic stand and Shure SM57

get a crappy focusrite or presuonus 2 channel interface

put mic 1 inch from gill cloth where center of cone touches cone

use 57 for vocals

done
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.