[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, was he wrong about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

So now that the dust has settled, was he wrong about this album?
>>
>>75088403
WRITTEN BY ONE MAN
>>
>>75088403
>he
what your dad?
>>
who is 'he'
>>
>>75088403
He was completely right; this album is the definition of "jack of all trades, master of none"
>>
>>75088473
>>75088413
brothany brotano
>>
>>75088516
I disagree. I've noticed that Fantano when reviewing music focuses on recognizability in sound, utilization of the extremes in a genre, and breaks down music by the instrumentation and the implementation.

All of the songs on Blurryface are at the very least listenable, and at the very most, amazing and definitely among the top pop/indie pop songs released in 2016, specifically Lane Boy and Fairly Local, personally. I've listened to "Stressed Out" and heard it on the radio so many times, I've grown numb to it...Well, it still hits me at some notes, which is the signature of a good song in general, that even after you listened to it a multitude of times, it can still strike you in an interesting way.

It's definitely true that the band evokes the same "pop flavors" that they supposedly criticize radio-friendly pop as exhibiting, but they've also criticized themselves not just on a personal level, but on a musical level. They're making music that they like to listen to, while a lot of pop artists make music that producers tell them people like to listen to, and you can tell, since the songs don't feel manufactured, they feel organic, flowing between genres and vocal styles and it creates a theme of unpredictability, but done in a way that evokes emotion and feeling from all the genres they tap into.

Sure, you can say they don't dive into any of the genre's they borrow elements from, but they don't need to anymore than Michael Jackson needed to. And to a certain degree, they have changed the face of pop, mostly in terms of lyrical content, but also with the dark and grittier electropop synths digging under the vocal harmonies, like how Linkin Park had recently copied elements of 21 Pilots, and everyone knew it and called it out.

So I think Fantano was absolutely wrong when he said they don't have a style, as time has shown that he was objectively incorrect, but I also disagree with him saying that the songs aren't generally "good", or "inspired".
>>
>>75088712
i listened to it once but i didn't enjoy it
>>
>>75088712
TLDR you're gay.
>>
File: listened.png (936KB, 1804x732px) Image search: [Google]
listened.png
936KB, 1804x732px
>>75088403
>>
File: vampire-weekend[1].jpg (396KB, 1788x664px) Image search: [Google]
vampire-weekend[1].jpg
396KB, 1788x664px
>>75088864
>>
>>75088712
Just because they have a distinct style doesn't mean that its creative or interesting
>>
>>75089294
No, it doesn't, but they are none-the-less.
>>
>>75088403
having only heard them through my little sister, in her "hot topic" phase, I thought they were fuckin dumb as shit.

but

now im drunk as shit, listening to their shit on youtube and its not as bad as I make it out to be. I mostly rip on it because my sister listens to it.

To be honest, they might have a new fan.
>>
This album

*Snaps fingers*

sucks.
>>
>>75088403
Yes. 4 was way too high
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.