[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite PF record and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Folder.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
Favorite PF record and why
>>
File: cover_4525101012011_r.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover_4525101012011_r.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
It's the early stuff with SYD!
>>
>>75082337
WYWH cos it's pretty much flawless minus the long-ass gap between WTTM and Have a Cigar.

then if top 5 Animals, The Wall, TDB and Meddle
>>
DSOTM or Animals or WUWH. Don't know.
>>
>>75082337
Piper at the Gates, because it's incredibly unique and interesting and not boring like the other ones.
>>
>>75083234
this
>>
It used to be Piper until i starting having a life. It's Animals now.
>>
Meddle because it's got a good mix of silly and serious
>>
>>75083213
This. Depends on my mood. Echoes best song though.
>>
I never listened to any of them except Piper, but i have a DSOTM tramp-stamp just for my dad :^). Can is the better, btw. No reason for other music to exist.
>>
WYWH

The story behind the album is pretty sad regarding Sydney and schizophrenia.
>>
File: feels good mane.jpg (56KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
feels good mane.jpg
56KB, 445x445px
>>75082337
Meddle was the first album I ever listened to, my uncle had it on an LP and he played one day I slept over my cousins house

>mfw I heard dat euphoric Echoes ending
>>
File: MeddleCover.jpg (23KB, 306x300px) Image search: [Google]
MeddleCover.jpg
23KB, 306x300px
>>75082337
you know why
>>
>>75082337
Animals for reasons that are hard to explain.
You just got these three overwhelmingly powerful songs about society and all its hidden evils and the brutal hopeless truth of it all, set between this short simple love song which in comparison seems almost insignificant to the whole. But it leaves you realizing that even through all of this shit there will still people to care for and who will likewise care for you, and that really makes all the difference.
>>
>>75083479
I really like WYWH because what happened to Syd also happened to a friend of mine who kept doing drugs and went off the deep end and now tattooed a big black X on the back of his neck for some dumb reason, probably related to ayahuasca or some shit.

Anyways, I grew up, got out of my "let's do drugs" phase and now I realize Animals is their best.
>>
>>75082337
Atom Heart Mother is their best fuck you all
>>
This thread is nice; I actually sat down and actually gave my undivided attention to Pink Floyd last week, of course over the years I had heard stuff from albums like Comfortably Numb, Another Brick Pt 2., etc etc. But for the first time I started their albums and just let them go from start to finish.

DSOTM is fucking fantastic from start to finish, so is WYWH, The Wall is a little long in the tooth imo, but it is still good. I need to get onto Animals and Meddle next.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.