[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bittersweet Symphony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2440.jpg (97KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2440.jpg
97KB, 720x544px
Were Mick Jagger & Keith Richards in the wrong for stealing the Verve's songwriting credits?
It was a much better song that piece of shit The Last Time.
>>
>>75081052
As if the Stones don't have enough money. They're tax-avoiding scum too. People are literally dying on the NHS because of Mick & Keith.
>>
The best song is 20 years old.
>>
>>75081052
Yes, and that case is a prime example of why copyright laws are bullshit.
>>
limp bizkit cover is better
>>
>>75081052
Mick & Keith didn't even write the part the Verve sampled. The took Andrew Oldham's string arrangements from his cover which is pretty much anconpletely different and much better goddamn song.
Rolling Stones can lick my nine
>>
File: IMG_5208.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5208.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
Thoughts on the original sample/album?

I didn't like Bittersweet that much.
>>
>>75081384
>Mick & Keith didn't even write the part the Verve sampled.
This, although it was David Whitaker that wrote the part. They also okayed the use of the sample when they didn't think it would make money, and only decided to sue when the song got huge. Plus, the part The Verve sampled wasn't even the string part: it was small section of the bell part that happens once in the song, while segments of it play a few other times. Ashcroft rerecorded a melody that The Stones didn't even write, and got nothing because his song made too much money. It's pretty fucked up.
>>
I mean it sounds basically exactly the same but as another anon said copyright/sampling laws are utter bullshit and shouldn't even exist. However, if they HAVE to even do it then as >>75081973 said David Whitaker should get the credit.
>>
>>75081052
i feel bad for ashcroft for what happened with this song
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.