[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody else just completely fucking sick of hip hop? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1478650072691.jpg (968KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1478650072691.jpg
968KB, 1280x1707px
Is anybody else just completely fucking sick of hip hop? Even the good stuff has grown tiresome and annoying thanks to oversaturation. And the generic soundcloud trap is even worse. I hate how this garbage has infected every corner of American society.

Can this shitty stupid genre just fucking die already
>>
no because im not that petty
>>
>>75075208
>Is anybody else just completely fucking sick of hip hop?
No you are literally the only person that dislikes the genre on this planet.
This was a question that definitely needed asked.
>>
>>75075208
I almost exclusively listen to Folk and Metal. I hate hearing rap really anywhere, but I don't fucking care if it lives or dies.

You'd be surprised at how many of these rappers actually put emotion and work into their music.
>>
File: 1483939702432.png (289KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1483939702432.png
289KB, 500x365px
>>75075246
>You'd be surprised at how many of these rappers actually put emotion and work into their music.
No I wouldn't. I've listened to all kinds of rappers. I used to be a huge fan of the genre. I even acknowledged in my post that some rappers are good.

But the genre is a stale, bloated corpse now. Everything about it sucks now. You know things are bad when a talentless hack like Kendrick Lamar is praised as the greatest rapper of our generation.

The genre is a big disgusting pile of hot pigshit now on the same level as contemporary country or buttrock. It is trash and it wore out its welcome years ago.
>>
Nope, I just ignore the new shit and bang old school gangsta rap instead.

I'll tell you what hasn't been done to death in the genre: Bushido Hop. The RZA made one album, the Afro Samurai soundtrack, and then there was that MISTERY from Bandcamp and then that was fucking it.

>inb4 36 Chambers
Dialogue from kung fu movies is not the same as a fusion of hip hop and traditional asian music.

Prove me wrong, please. I have been desperately needing more Bushido Hop for years now.
>>
>>75075611
>Nope, I just ignore the new shit and bang old school gangsta rap instead.
When you take off your nostalgia goggles you will find that most old school gangsta rap was shit too, aside from a few classics.

The whole genre is mostly trash.

Numales love it though because it's not white so they don't have to feel bad for listening to a largely masculine form of music.
>>
>>75075710
Jokes on you I can listen to both hardcore gangsta rap and norwegian metal because I love masculinity
>>
hip hop is just a very stripped down and simple form of music. it doesn't allow much variety and versatility no matter how complex the beats could be, no wonder it's so huge in the mainstream. and also live shows are lame as fuck, all rappers are lip syncing and struggling for air all the time
>>
>>75075611
Nujabes fuses folk and hiphop in some of his later tracks
Like some of his tracks in the album spiritual state
>>
>>75075208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xFAkQtvk-Q
>>
>listens to Kanye once
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.