[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Kate Bush of this generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Who is the Kate Bush of this generation?
>>
>>75073898
Grimes
>>
There isn't one
>>
>>75073898
A gen is usually 25 years so Bjork. For a more current one probably Joanna Newsom.
>>
File: 1504931113768.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1504931113768.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
hehe
>>
>>75073921
this /thread
>>
>>75073921
Haha good joke.
>>
>>75073932
this
/thread
>>
you know women are lame when everyone ITT is going to bicker between only the same two contestants
>>
>>75074421
>the same two contestants
Who?
>>
>>75074443
Joanna and grimes, forgot about bjork, the only decent musician
>>
>>75074468
and even then i use decent liberally
>>
Björk is the only one I can think of that is kind of close, idk if she's too old
>>
>>75074468
>>75074487
>>75074505
Bjork is from an older generation. She started making music in '70s and was a member of a few bands in the '80s. She's from the previous generation, just look at her age.
>>
>>75074505
Bjork didnt make a single good album since Homophonic. we have 2010s decade and Grimes is the only queen now
>>
>>75074523
>Bjork didnt make a single good album since Homophonic
Add Vespertine and that's all. Everything post-Vespertine is dull, underwhelming, pretentious, hookless. I tried listening to Vulnicura again few days ago and it was such a chore. Shame she likes those silly strings so much and shame that she forgot how to write a decent tune. People will always remember her for those first 4 albums.
>>
>>75074685
You could say that Kate Bush didn't make a single good album since Hounds of Love. Vonicura is good tho.
>>
She was fucking 10 when she did that album.
>>
>>75074740
>You could say that Kate Bush didn't make a single good album since Hounds of Love.
Sensual World and Aerial were both at very least just good. Most artists just lose their mojo after a about 5-10 years of creative inspiration.
>>
>>75074770
Aerial is ok (the second parat is really good). Sensual World is not very good, it has aged like milk. Vonicura and Medulla are much better albums.
>>
>>75073898
There are plenty of women with shrill voices and annoying music
>>
Lana Del Rey
>>
>>75075317
Like Grimes
>>
>>75074685

She said recently she's sick of strings, so the new album probably won't have any. From everything we know it's sounding more like Vespertine than anything: melodic, uplifting, about being in love. She said the new album is her going more in a direction she went in on Batabid (great Vespertine b-side) and Ambergris March.
>>
A bit under the radar, but I'd say Nitty Bumhole. She's amazing.
>>
I would go with Imogen Heap or Bat for Lashes, although neither of them have achieved the popularity of Kate they're both quite musically innovative
>>
>>75073898
St. Vincent

Marry Me = her Kick Inside
Actor = her Never for Ever
Strange Mercy = her The Dreaming
St. Vincent = her Hounds of Love
>>
File: pj.jpg (385KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pj.jpg
385KB, 683x1024px
>>75076482
IMO St. Vincent is more like PJ Harvey.
>>
Susanne Sundfor.
>>
even though he isn't female, i think perfume genius matches the most closely. Slip Away could have landed on Hounds of Love
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.