[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any artists like St Vincent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: 1488 Alt-right Leader.gif (2MB, 376x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488 Alt-right Leader.gif
2MB, 376x270px
I love her ethereal songs (Just the same but brand new, Oh My God, Bicycle, Year of the Tiger)

But I also love her sassy upbeats songs (Rattlesnake, Lighting, Northen Lights, Chloe In The Afternoon).

Can you recommend any artists that fall on either camp or both? I have expanded into Tori Amos (decent albums, specially the Album that has Raspberry Swirl, as well as the album titled "Boys for Pele" or some shit), Fiona Apple (Tidal and the "Needle" album) as well as Courtney Barnett.
>>
File: Taylor_Swift_-_Red.png (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor_Swift_-_Red.png
107KB, 300x300px
>>
>>75067435
.Not sure if this is Ironic posting or not, but i will check Tay tay out.

I am literally a big black nigger but if you deliver on your promise of awesome St Vicent-like music I will gladly become a Taylor fan
>>
File: SPEKTOR FAR.jpg (174KB, 1500x1331px) Image search: [Google]
SPEKTOR FAR.jpg
174KB, 1500x1331px
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237KB, 1100x1380px
>>75067492

Have checked it out.

Soviet Kisch is a very good album by her.

Also like a few songs from some of her other projects (Marcello, and Laughing with come to mind). Was a fan for a long time due to the collab song she made with the strokes a long time ago (Modern Girls, Old Fashioned Men)
>>
>>75067411
"""she""" literally could not have a bigger ego, jesus fucking christ
>>
>>75067530
I love that song.
>>
Did you check out PJ Harvey? She has a pretty diverse discography and I think a St. Vincent fan would probably be into her. To Bring You My Love, Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea and Let England Shake are all great starting points imo.
>>
File: Eat Yourself.jpg (125KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Eat Yourself.jpg
125KB, 450x450px
>>75067550

She is a cringey as fuck and likely an airhead narcissistic musician. Agreed. In fact I don't think I would ever go to one of her concerts due to her cringey live performances (as you well pointed out, due to her massive ego).

But she makes music that I really dig and I can't explain it.

Never try to like musicians AND their music. You will be disappointed by them every time (be it their politics, or their personalities, they will let you down). I have learned to judge musicians by their craft and that alone. Makes things a lot easier.
>>
File: Vespertine.jpg (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vespertine.jpg
114KB, 600x600px
Bjork tends to be ethereal
>>
File: images (40).jpg (9KB, 220x218px) Image search: [Google]
images (40).jpg
9KB, 220x218px
>>75067731
No kidding
>>
File: Heaven Gonna Burn Your Eyes.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven Gonna Burn Your Eyes.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>75067699

The only thing I have heard from Pj Harvey has been a joint live performance with Queens of the stone age (it was great). Going to check her album out tonight. Thanks.

>>75067731

Thank you have checked out her music. Have a few songs from her added to my spotify (from a long time ago) but they never really stuck. Might give Bjork another try.

A similar artist to Bjork that I enjoyed was Emiliana Torrini (loved her collab song "Heavens gonna burn your eyes" in Richest Man of Babylon) and she has very solid albums beyond that
>>
>>75067411
Fellow black guy here, give a try to Susanne Sundfor, Julia Holter and Cat Power
>>
>>75068089
Listening to Susanne Sundfor. First new artist I like tonight! Sounds great! WIll check Julia Holter out.

I like Cat Power. Would be lying if I told you I have seriously checked out everyone one of her albums but I have a couple of favorite songs from her (Fortunate Son, New York, Sea Of Love).

Great stuff. Thanks for suggestions
>>
meep meep
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.