[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grouper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: a2150374471_10.jpg (118KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2150374471_10.jpg
118KB, 1200x1200px
Can someone explain to me what makes her so special. I like a lot of her tracks, but why is she better than all of the other lofi moody dream pop bands?
>>
she has good grasp on melody/composition.
>>
>>75064323
Shes talented
>>
atmosphere, excellent melodies, the occasional great lyrics

can make a softly plucked series of notes hit like a truck
>>
use of negative space, she doesn't slather everything in unnatural reverb, she's not afraid to let her music go understated
>>
Dragging a Dead Deer up a Hill, Alien Observer, and Ruins solidify her as a GOAT in my opinion. Everything else is great too.
>>
Because her music has a suffocating intangible quality to it that elevates it above other music that shares similar aesthetics
>>
>>75067649
>>75067556
>>75066218
>>75066189
>>75066061
>>>/reddit/
>>
can anyone recommend where how i should start. I really like Headache and Heavy water/I'd rather be sleeping. is there anything as poppy as those tracks?
>>
>>75068234
Dead Deer
>>
>>75067793
This is it lads. The epitome of argument. Our opinions have been invalidated by the most eloquent man on earth. Groupers career is over.
>>
>>75068603
>>/reddit/ haha
>>
>>75068603
Kek
>>
>>75064323
Her music sounds unique and she has a really good ear for melodies.
As opposed to the usual dream pop crap which is just meandering effortless mush swimming in reverb to cover it up.
>>
The quality of her singing and the surgical writing she does with her sparse instrumentation do a lot for her. Her music is super barren and spacy, but doesn't feel incomplete and low-effort. Every element is done well enough to make the songs feel really well-written and fulfilling, unlike lazier dream-poppy/shoegazey artists
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.