[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sounds like Korn without a turntable or slap bass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 224x224px
Sounds like Korn without a turntable or slap bass
>>
I wish Korn messed with dual guitar lines, subtle dynamics, more than two approaches to vocals, and varying time signatures like this album does.
>>
>>75060834
umm
they did all that in the first 4 albums
>>
>>75060834

their debut does all of that though
>>
>>75060845
>umm
tumblr
>>
>>75060834
most korn songs do that lmao
>>
>>75060867
urrr durr i can tell wat website ur from cuz teh rhetoric xD
>>
>>75060834
>subtle dynamics, more than two approaches to vocals, and varying time signatures like this album does.

Most prog metal does this yet you fucks will shit on it for some reason yet praise Spiderland for doing it.
>>
auto erotic asphyxiation-slipknot
>>
How do I into shouty vocals?

I think the answer is I don't and I just leave the genre and never come back.
Seriously though, I cannot enjoy screamo or shouty shouty which means I struggle to enjoy lots and lots of popular music and I just dun geddit
>>
>>75060834
have you ever even listened to them? Their first album is literally post-punk
>>
>>75060834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKR7uLa77A
the instrumental sounds like something off tweez. vocals sound like they were influenced by dadaist sound poetry and avantprog groups like ruins.
>>
>>75060845
>>75060865
>>75060977
>dual guitar lines
Nope. It's usually just one guitar line that consists of simple chords.
>Subtle dynamics
I wish, it's more of that Pixies inspired junk where it's just two dynamics. Not to mention this doesn't count for drums at all where Slint does this the most. Most rock doesn't do this for drums actually it's a more jazzy thing.
>more than two approaches to vocals
The reason I mentioned two was because that's what Korn does. Jonathan has this cutesy high pitched thing then the other one which sounds like a more distorted Pearl Jam/generic post-grunge scream thing.
>varying time sigs
>in a Korn song
Lmao

Start posting some evidence of tracks my boys cuz you guys are embarrassments.
>>75060993
Not at all. Prog's dynamics are nowhere near as subtle as Spiderland's mostly. Most prog does that high pitched vocals thing and not much else. Prog definitely brings the time sigs but that's really it. Not only that, prog's one of the handful of genres that often gets its own thread where a ton of people love it, so don't give me this "y'all shit on prog" thing. If you're gonna use the "spiderland is /mu/core" argument, well, we have ITCOTCK as mucore and we used to have OK Computer as mucore as well which are both either prog rock or damn close to it.
>>
>>75061063
Not at all. It's got no dynamic play going on, and it doesn't have two guitar interplay, just one guitar doing the riff and the other doing the lead. Like, I understand that it does have a mathy sound to it, and you can compare this to like Botch or something, but not Slint.
>>
>>75061029
I used to feel the same way anon, i think Slint is a great introducer to shouty vocals, they dont overdo in the scream department, and the shouts are really well placed dinamically with the build ups and such.
If you want to get into this kind of stuff i suggest you look for bands that use screams specially for song climaxes, at least thats how i got into to it.
>>
>>75061063
>tfw koRn is a bit good
>>
>>75060811
Which Korn song has turntables?
>>
>>75060845
>>75060865
>>75060977
>>75061034
>>75061063
>>75061514
wtf i love korn now
>>
>>75060811

so is comparing good bands to numetal a meme then? seen the same shit said about Refused
>>
File: 1504656798567.jpg (27KB, 248x238px) Image search: [Google]
1504656798567.jpg
27KB, 248x238px
Reminder that Scaruffi rates Korn higher than Radiohead
And he's right
>>
>>75061105
>>varying time sigs
>>in a Korn song
>Lmao

so when the song slows down during the verse, that's not a change of the time signature?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hIojjA3A4
>>
>>75063683
Time signature =/= tempo
>>
>>75063290
Refused was undoubtedly partly responsible for influencing nu-metal. Linkin Park probably would not have existed without The Shape of Punk to Come.
>>
>>75064943
Linkin Park was basically Deftones for normies
>>
File: (you).png (821KB, 1280x1063px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
821KB, 1280x1063px
>>75060811
Take this (You), OP. You made me laugh.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.