[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy mother this fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

Holy mother this fucking sucks
>>
File: 1504024511240.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1504024511240.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>75055826
>>
>>75055826
shhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: fff.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>75055826
>>
>>75055826
no, you just don't like obscure lofi doom metal
>>
No one will like me for saying this, but here is another view: i) the Beach Boys image of good-time, surfing, white, young men occupies a very narrow niche and is overlaid with American imagery; it is not very relatable outside the US, and perhaps limited inside too. And what proportion of the population is into surfing? And what do we think of the surfing set? Surely it is (still) a very small and privileged group. ii) were they 50s or 60s? You can imagine them appearing in Happy Days (better than Weezer). The ambiguity of their time frame carries through to their music, which often contains up-beat 1950's Doo-Wop and barbershop elements. The Beach Boys absolutely invented their own style and upped the ante for studio production in popular music, but their influences are present in their music. ("Good Vibrations: "Oom bop bop") iii) their "wall of music" production style in Good Vibrations is great, but it means you can't sing the song yourself. Sure, there are snatches of vocal and background-vocal that are easy, and famous, but can you sing the whole song? A quick YouTube search revealed a small handful of cover versions, half of which were by barbershop groups (dont get me started on this genre). This puts the song on a pedestal, and out of the reach of regular people. The vocal range needed for these songs adds to the problem. Yes, the middle section of Bohemian Rhapsody is almost unsingable too, but not quite, and most people can have fun attempting it. iv) the well-known Beach Boys songs are all happy-clappy upbeat songs about girls, hanging out, having fun fun fun, and surfing. The truly great songs and bands have a wider range of emotion. v) coming back to the wall of sound and production style, it seems that their songs tend to be quite uniform all the way through and a bit "clinical". Perhaps lacking "soul", never offering a commanding guitar solo, or dropping the bass to create a peak. They might be 10 all the way through, but never go to 11.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.