[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /mu/, names for thrash metal band? thanks u

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: FGEKUB3.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
FGEKUB3.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
hello /mu/, names for thrash metal band? thanks u
>>
>>75055770
Misogyny On Album Cover
>>
>>75055786
?
>>
>>75055801
>oversexualized women being eaten
>not stereotypical

?
>>
>>75055822
>stereotypical
?
>>
File: hmm.jpg (4KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
4KB, 223x223px
>>75055833
>>75055822
>?
?
>>
Silence The Voices

The Indisputable Experience

Spirit Of Pogrom

Sperm Of The Wretched

A few ideas, lol.
>>
>>75055770
Name it a name that doesn't sound like a thrash metal name
>>
>>75055970
>Verb the Noun
>metal
pick one, faggot
>>
>>75055970
okay no

that's not how thrash naming conventions go

no "of", no "the"

only nouns, names and adjectives

no vague metaphysical bullshit
>>
>>75056001
>>75056021
You faggots can suck a massive cock. I just wanted to give an idea.
>>
Why does it matter? Thrash is generic as shit
>>
>>75055770
Nüklear Maniax

Vengeancer

Atomic Madness

Lord Reaper

Panzer Angel

Mental Warfare

Suicider

Killdözer

Nekrobastard
>>
>>75056054
you were wrong

try having good ideas next time

>>75056058
precisely

if it's generic it needs to stick to the rules of the genre, you can't just give it any random name.
>>
>>75055770
Thrash the crown
Design the crown
Crown the thief
Protest the crown
Crown the skyline
Protest the skyline
Steal the protest
I, Skyline
I, Protest
I, Thief
I, Crown
>>
>>75055770
Bloodstorm

Apostles of War

Total Savagery

Exterminationer

Terrörfist

Nihilator

Rabid Psychosis
>>
>>75056179
he said thrash metal, not christian metalcore
>>
Again

If you can tell if it's a metal name before you know anything else about the music then that means the name is nad
>>
>>75056262
>nad
>>
>>75055770
Overwhelming Firepower
>>
>>75056280
bad
not rad
or nad
>>
>>75056352
oh I see, you're wrong.

carry on then.
>>
>>75056262
it's literally impossible to come up with a name that doesn't sound like it belongs to a precise genre.

and if you metal band ends up with an industrial techno name or with an indie shitgaze name or a post-punk name, it'll be way worse than if it simply has a metal name.
>>
>>75056429
Ween
Primus
Brian Wilson
>>
Terrorazor
>>
>>75056452
precisely
>>
File: 1504979090392.jpg (457KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1504979090392.jpg
457KB, 700x700px
>>75055770
LOL LOOK AT BUBBLES BEHIND HER SHE FARTED LMAO ZOMBIE SCARED THE TOOTS OUT OF HER XDDD
>>
>>75056452
>Ween
sounds like "whine", made-up, short, like an onompatopoeia. Sounds like the name of a quirky pop punk band like Weezer
>Primus
sounds mildly pretentious but vague and unimaginative. Sounds like prog rock
>Brian Wilson
sounds like boring singer-songwriter grandpa's guitar nonsense

see? those might not be accurate guesses but they're fair assumptions based on the naming conventions of various genres
>>
>>75056488
heheh
>>
>>75056429
Any name can be attributed to whatever style after the fact, but when conceiving a name it should be done from a nonspecific place rather than from at an angle of trying to sound like some specific thing
Just coming up with something original and unique is better than trying to sound like some thing, otherwise you just limit yourself to one standard
>>
>>75056519
Death Grips
Custom
Monster Movie
>>
Guillotine Fucker
Thrash Landing
Lords of Lightning
Nuclear Psalm
Bitchfinder
Antivibe
>>
Suicide Messiah
>>
>>75056429
>>75056519
Come up with your own names and we'll see how good you are
>>
what's your band's style anon? fast brutal death thrash? speedy falsetto thrash or gay lame pizza party thrash
>>75055970
fuck off coreshitter
>>
>>75056537
originality has no intrinsic value, creating a coherent, thematically homogenous experience is more satisfying for yourself and for the listener.

If you decide to make generic music (in this case thrash metal) you should be extremely careful when going outside of its conventions, because chances are that if you do something that isn't generic, it's gonna sound goofy and off-putting.

Thrash metal is a noble artform (as noble as cheap entertainment gets) and deserves to see its traditions respected.
>>
>>75056545
>death grips
hardcore punk
>custom
autistic /bloop/ project
>monster movie
same shit as blood on the dancefloor
>>
>>75056557
Turn the first one into Guillotine Flower

That one is better
>>
>>75056557
>nuclear psalm
fukk that one's good
>>
>>75056636
sounds a bit too goth
>>
>>75056624
0/3
>>
>>75056677
Anon, we aren't playing "guess the genre those bands belong to", we're playing "guess the genre those names should belong to"
>>
I got it

Pizzanihilator
>>
>>75056705
Those are real band names. You said it's always possible to ascertain the genre based on the name
>>
>>75056758
I know they are. I didn't say "ascertain" I said "assume".

My point, I remind you, is that you cannot come up with a band name so fresh that people won't assume things about it. And if their assumptions don't fit the music, the name will sound shitty in retrospect.

Hence why you shouldn't fucking call a thrash metal band "Crown the Skyline" cause it sounds like some gay post-hardcore shit and diminishes your listening experience.
>>
these are p unoriginal but i havent seen any like this
Bodily Dismemberment
Asphyxiation
Warvomit
Illusions
Nuctemeron
Enslaved Tyrant
Napalm Shower
Warmonger
Warlord
Comatose State
and here come the Terrorizer song names
Enslaved by Propaganda
Human Prey
Strategic Warheads
Condemned System
>>
>>75056830
hell yes
>>
>>75056830
>Warvomit
good one
>>
>>75056823
That's only to people who know enough about music and genre tropes to make such assumptions.
>>
>>75056959
if you make thrash metal your audience knows enough about music to tell if a band name is thrash or not.
>>
>>75055770
"Liking Traps Isn't Gay"
>>
Cannibal Taco Sauce
Perfect if theres pop punk influence
>>
Lack of Control
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.