[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pointlessly bad vocals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 503x306px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 503x306px
ITT: post renowned artists who are effectively tone deaf vocals wise
>>
>>
>>75052934
Lou reed
>>
inb4 Jeff Mangum
>>
Jeff Mangum
>>
>>75052973
FUCK YOU
>>
>>75052934
Zappa's own vocals are fine, but hoo boy those wacky novelty vocalists ruin a lot of his music from Sheik Yerbouti onwards

also I think Ian Curtis is fine as a sort of a deadpan Jim Morrison type - I think his vocals fit the music extremely well
>>
>vocals must sound nice
get a load of the pleb
>>
I'm not sure which of harmonicas and Bob Dylan's voice is more infuriating. Thankfully, whenever there's a Bob Dylan song, I don't have to choose.

What a shockingly bad musician. There is nobody more overrated than this tedious tosspot.
>>
Fuck Brian Sella, the Front Bottoms, and all of their music. They try so hard to make it sound bad-good, it just ends up sounding terribad. Legitimately irritates and enrages me when I hear one of their songs
>>
>>75052934
how are these bad? you say "tone deaf" but all of them hit the right notes and fit the music that they play
>>
>>75052967
i have seen jeff live a couple times and his voice is surprisingly strong live
>>
>>75053258
Listen to this patrish melodious singing and post again, pleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJpB_AEZf6U
>>
>listening to music for the vocals

#1 way to spot a pleb.
>>
the guy from brand new is absolutely terrible live, can't carry a note to save his life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPVa0MxVukM
>>
You're tone deaf or baiting my dude
>>
File: Mark E Smith Pointing.jpg (164KB, 2060x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Mark E Smith Pointing.jpg
164KB, 2060x3000px
Though I'd argue that no vocalist is pointlessly bad
>>
>>75052934
well good that most music isn't only vocals, but a whole composition of which vocals are only one part of many

also joy division with good vocals = new order (and it lacks the soul-crushing bleakness of ian's voice, thats why they went the new wave dance path)
>>
>>75053871
Bernard is a terrible singer
>>
>>75053806
Jeff is a very good vocalist, his voice spans a little under 4 octaves in ITAOTS and is never out of tune or off beat. People only dislike his nasal strain.
>>
>>75053814

He sounds like a retarded chewbakka attempting a Randy Newman impression. And that one note harmonica solo? Wow!

I know you're supposed to like Bob Dylan because he's a cultural icon who ended the Vietnam war and created world peace or some shit but clear your mind of all that guff. Listen to him the way you'd listen to some stoner at an open mike you've never seen before. You'd walk out.

He's objectively shit.
>>
>>75052934
Zappa only had a one octave vocal range. My guitar wants to kill your mamma is perhaps one of the best showcases for it. Good thing he got some of the most capable musicians playing with him, right? This is ridiculous:
https://youtu.be/Mu32TgPeXM8
>>
>>75053833
You're not even trying. You could've aggravated more people by saying - listening to folk for the lyrics.
>>
>>75053908
kek
I know. That performance always makes me laugh.
>>
File: tZLwxUV.png (864KB, 630x737px) Image search: [Google]
tZLwxUV.png
864KB, 630x737px
>>75052934
Nearly everything in this pic.
>>
>>75053258
How many times has he sang out of key? Everyone has a bad day, but the same can't be said for the majority of top 40 acts now for example. He hasn't got the Aretha Franklin timbre, let's face it. There's not much he can do about that, but hasn't he achieved enough over the years?
>>
>>75053962
Again:
>>75053932
>>
>>75053962
>everything in this pic.
ftfy
>>
>>75053258
Bob Dylan has a great sound. The acoustic songs from the 60s have a very warm sound, live solo concerts sound amazing, like he tunes his guitar differently, i don't really know what it is exactly.
And electric Dylan is even better. Bringing it All Back Home, Highway #61 and Blonde on Blonde each has their own distinctive sound, and to this day I think they're very innovative in the unexpected ways music blends with the lyrics via Bob Dylan's mysterious yet witty and sometimes relatable persona. It's absolutely beautiful, I don't see how this songs could get better; the guitars sound amazing, Bob sings his heart out about whatever (along some bittersweet and deeply poetic lyrics), and the drums and fills are crazy, very virtuosic.
And this is just the entry level. There's plenty to enjoy in Bob Dylan's huge discography.
>>
>>75052962
No.
>>
>>75053982
>SILY has bad vocals
What?
>>
>>75054014
How? He's sang out of key even on albums.
>>
>>75053962
I will gladiator fight anyone who bags on Sufjan
>>
>>75054073
It's just his voice, I wouldn't call it intentional thogh. Same thing a as Bob Dylan
>>
>>75053881
People always say this but I never understood what's so bad. He's nothing exciting but he does the job.
>>
>>75053881
yeah, I meant to write "good" in quotation marks
>>
>>75054140
It's just his voice which is almost entirely incapable of anything other than recitals? He's sang out of tune on Transformer. Anyone with ears can hear it. I don't hate him at all and I don't think he's comparable to Dylan.
>>
>>75053881
>>75054165
then again, it's the whole composition that matters, not individual elements
>>
>>75053814
this is atrocious
>>
File: image[1].jpg (33KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
33KB, 620x330px
>>
How to fuck hasn't anyone said Wayne Coyne yet?
The instrumentation of their albums is amazing but his voice absolutely ruins it. I want to like Flaming Lips so bad but Wayne just fucks it up.
>>
File: 254.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
254.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>
>>75054594
On that note - Ozzy too.
>>
>>75054628

Who would you have singing for them?
>>
Chino Moreno.
>>
phil elverum
>>
ROBERT WYATT AND THE ONLY TIMES HE WAS GOOD WAS WHEN HE COLLABORATED WITH OTHERS LIKE ON PUT A STRAW UNDER BABY
>>
Mac Demarco has a bad voice?
>>
File: jm.jpg (86KB, 426x579px) Image search: [Google]
jm.jpg
86KB, 426x579px
>>75052934
>>
Win Butler before he got singing lessons.
>>
>>75052934

mac has a great voice, what are you on about? i dont even think of him as a "bad but good" singer or whatever, he actually has a conventionally great voice
>>
>>75052934
Dude Will's vocals were so cute on monomania
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.