[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did modern hard rock stem from here? Who can deny that cream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Cream.jpg (13KB, 229x152px) Image search: [Google]
Cream.jpg
13KB, 229x152px
Did modern hard rock stem from here? Who can deny that cream are the point of origin for all hard rock ranging from queens of the stone age to punk to metal?
>>
>only 1 person in this photo is still alive
>>
>>75051938
You mean two, don't you?
Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker are both alive.
>>
The Kinks

But only the early stuff, not that hipster britbong shit like Village Green and Arthur.
>>
>>75052027
ah sorry
>>
Cream is one of my favorite bands

I feel like Clapton dropped off after they disbanded

>>75052056

any albums in particular?
>>
>>75052027
I'm surprised Ginger Baker is even still alive, dude did not live the healthiest lifestyle.
>>
>>75052168
You got that right.
Both he, and Keith Richards.
>>
>>75051938
Whats your point.

>>75052056
The kinks never made hard rock. They made pop. Cream was the band of that era to transition blues into psychedelia with heavy guitar and effects and moved the focus onto instrumental prowess, guitar solos and riffs.
>>
>>75051919
No black sabbath or Led Zeppelin. No Man who sold the world by Bowie.
>>
>>75052149
Kinks had no good early albums. Was just pop trash before something else. He's probably refering to singles like really got me and all day all night and when one of the brother fucked up his amp and it got distorted.

Kinks are interesting though. Better songwriter than the beatles, atleast in terms of lyrical content.

Also one of the few bands of that era which (not sure if ironically or not) Present a right leaning political viewpoint, most notably in Muswell Hillbillies.
>>
Hendrix
>>
>>75052439
Hendrix was heavily influenced by cream.
>>
>>75052149
Yeah he did. Became a junky.
>>
>>75051919
Fuck /mu/. how can mu not like cream. trash forum.
>>
>>75052168
he's still touring and everything
>>
>>75053011
you seen the 2005 albert hall version of toad? its so bad compared to the record. Can tell his physical deterioration. Though i guess thats also just being old.

Good drummer but seems like such a grumpy git, refuses to acknowledge anything except cream as good music.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.