[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listening to a Beatles album for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (77KB, 595x593px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
77KB, 595x593px
Wow, pic related is great.

I'm about to listen to Rubber Soul now. What should I expect?
>>
>>75051358
Expect a collection of songs delivered in the album format
>>
Help is a great album, and a good movie.

Judging by the record cover I assume you're British.

The U.S. version of Rubber Soul and British version are quite different.

The British version was very much in tune with "Swinging London" of 1965-1966. (The U.S. version was packaged to convert "Fence Sitters" who were into both The Beatles and Bob Dylan)

In many ways, you can hear The Beatles on the verge of their "Psychedelic" era, but hadn't quite reached it yet. In many ways, you can hear how everything was leading up to Revolver.

I like both the U.S. and British versions of Rubber Soul. Happy listening.
>>
>>75052115
uh... there were different versions?
I know they released some albums that were just collections of various singles and b-sides (Yesterday and Today for example) but never heard of their real studio albums being different
>>
>>75052115
The UK tracklistings of Beatles albums have been the ones released in the USA since the 80s (sans Magical Mystery Tour which is the other way around).
>>
>>75052872
Just listen to the UK versions. Anyone who still listens to the US versions of Beatles albums must be intrinsically contrarian
>>
>>75051358
Folkier and better
>>
>>75052872
>>75053645
The UK versions are all superior to the US versions, except MMT
>>
>>75051358
Expect the song writing to improve immensely and an exploration of folk rock and hints of psychedelia in the instrumentals. Rubber soul is the 2nd phase of their career so expect their best material from there on wards
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.