[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I train myself to think in sound better? I can replay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1503952542722.png (166KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1503952542722.png
166KB, 680x418px
How do I train myself to think in sound better?

I can replay tones and textures from songs I've heard a few times in my head just fine, but whenever I try to come with something new my mind is just empty.
>>
Just chill out. Let it come to you.
Try to think of something catchy and fun, something you would sing along to.
>>
Make a block chord progression and slowly elaborate on it.
>>
File: 1499193847814.gif (4MB, 605x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499193847814.gif
4MB, 605x600px
Unironically try in very safe usage some psychedelics or MDMA to hopefully gain some inspiration. No, drugs don't make someone an artist but the experiences you have on them can be chanelled into art.
this isn't the best idea of course, definitely try and gain that while being sober. This is sort of a last resort kind of thing.
I apologise for the degeneracy.
>>
Compose. Start learning music theory, and start writing music simultaneously. Write a lot of music.
>>
>>75045053
Dont listen to this, using drugs works for people that know at least a bit how to structure and build simple songs ( maybe helping making them sound bit more interesting? ) , abusing substances wont make you an artist if you dont know how to create music already.
I suggest you start writing anything, even a fucking IV V I chord progression, learn theory bit by bit, write more stuff down, as shit or as dumb and basic as it sounds, little by little try experimenting and adding more musical devices into your songs, and eventually you are going to end up with something decent, if you try hard enough
>>
File: 1503921632837.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1503921632837.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>75044978
i like to just sing out loud along to a song i like and try to alter the melody as drastically as i can and it still kind of fit the song. then turn that song off once im confident and just randomly sing melodies or passages improv style.
almost always there's a little section that is a unique idea.
record yourself when you're doing this, listen back and write song based on the melody chunks that are interesting.
done-zo boi.
>>
>>75046734
This is basically how you teach yourself counterpoint and harmony.
>>
is it weird if i have no idea what people are talking about in threads like this?
like i hear music in my head perfectly fine and i can make it play whatever i want?
that's not a talent, that's just imagination, right?
>>
>>75044978
You just have to keep making stuff, make a 100 songs and don't release them if they're not good enough, eventually you'll make a good song once you exercise all of the crap out
>>
>>75048248
Its usually a much bigger problem for he people who can't cite read well in my experience
>>
>>75044978
Start learning music theory and get compositional training. Learning to play an instrument couldn't hurt either. Your writing is horrible by the way.
>>
>>75048345
>Your writing is horrible by the way
*you're
are you're are dumb or sumthin?
>>
>>75048248
Do you have any music uploaded? Can you link?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.