[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Transitions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: AbbeyRoad.jpg (251KB, 1220x1220px) Image search: [Google]
AbbeyRoad.jpg
251KB, 1220x1220px
Going from "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" to "Here Comes the Sun" is one of the best transitions ever. When we think of great transitions on albums, we often think of seamless ones, but this one works by contrast. It's like passing through a dark wood and suddenly coming out into sunlight.
>>
It's not a transition though since that's where the side ends
>>
King gizz? XD
>>
>>75037386
Oh really? So it's an accident. Well, on the CD version it works really well.
>>
File: 1500219250805.png (427KB, 512x719px) Image search: [Google]
1500219250805.png
427KB, 512x719px
>>75037406
It's not an accident, John decided to cut it to make it a "surprise ending". The song suddenly stops and i feels like "woah, what happened". The difference with the vynil is that here you gotta go and turn it around to play Here Comes the Sun and the rest of the album.
>>
The best seamless transition is You Never Give Me Your Money-Her Majesty.

>>75037406
I sot of disagree since I Want You (She's So Heavy) basically ends abruptly before Here Comes The Sun starts, so, to my ears, that's not actually a smooth and seamless segue.
>>
File: syd.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
syd.gif
2MB, 200x200px
Interstellar Overdrive into The Gnome is pretty fucking wacky and well thought out.

Blow their minds with 10 minutes of distortion and sound and then go into a simple and carefree song about a gnome not doing anything in particular.
>>
I really love the transition between I Am Trying to Break Your Heart and Kamera on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco.
The first song end in this really noisy cacophony and then Kamera starts in a very chill, easy-breezy tone.
In the same album, we also get the transition between War On War and Jesus, Etc. which kind of does the same just as good
>>
>>75038080
Also I like the transitions from Dirty Harry -> Feel Good Inc -> El Manana
all great songs too
>>
Idioteque into Morning Bell
>>
Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head
Don't Get Lost in Heaven
Demon Days
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.