[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyrics you couldn't get away with today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: R-1230645-1453448730-4472.jpeg.jpg (12KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
R-1230645-1453448730-4472.jpeg.jpg
12KB, 300x298px
>I'll slash them cold, I'll kill them dead
>I'll break them gooks, >I'll crack their heads
>I'll slice them till they're running red
>>
Its much easier to say whatever you want in the current year than it was in the past.
>>
>>75032462
le we have so much more freedom today meme xDD
>>
Yeah she was just seventeen
And you know what I mean

>>75032462
Get a song in the top 40 that includes "gooks" as a white artist. Go ahead.
>>
>>75032486
That song was in the top 40?

You're just a whiny, cowardly straight (you don't even deserve to be called a faggot). Scared of your own shadow, not brave enough to say what you think lest some imagined enemy, the fat angry SJW, might save something critical about you in her blog.
>>
>I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound
>I wanna push my face in and feel the swoon
>>
File: sdah.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sdah.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
this, all of this
although now that i think about it even at the time they had antifa coming after them in europe
>>
>>75032564
Lmao. Wew lad. I don't know why you're so angry, but I'm not advocating any political positions. I'm 30 years old and I've noticed in my own lifetime that the boundaries of acceptability have shifted and that trend becomes even more obvious when you look further back. Are there things you can say in a song today that you couldn't back then and achieve mainstream success? Sure. But, the reverse is also true. This is a thread about that reverse scenario. If you have nothing to contribute, fuck off.
>>
File: axl-rose-3.jpg (107KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
axl-rose-3.jpg
107KB, 900x750px
>Turn around bitch I got a use for you
>Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do
>And I'm bored

>>75032837
Great post. "Der Untermensch" would never be released by a major label today or even a prominent independent label. People threw jars of acid over this song and that was the early 90s. Imagine today. It's the only song Peter ever apologized for.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-084124.jpg (384KB, 928x1818px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-084124.jpg
384KB, 928x1818px
https://youtu.be/MbrIgaLHxnA
>>
>>75032564
overall it's true, on the big picture society is much more accepting, it just seems worse for you because you've only just recently started getting a little taste of prejudice in mainstream society.
>>
>>75032867
in some ways it actually took balls for him to apologize for that song, don't think he would have unless he himself truly regretted it. but even though it's not who he was it was still a vital segment of the psychological hell frescoe that is that album
>>
>>75033005
Agreed. It's part of a perfect picture. And to think, this was a band with no ambitions of stardom, hobbyists using paid leave to gig occasionally, and they put out a tour de force album like that.
>>
>>75032447
You can get away with saying whatever you want if no one listens to it.
>>
>>75032486
oh, I didnt realize the song had to be popular. Idiot

Its much easier to put out music that has literally whatever content you want. The reason its not going to shoot into the billboards is that other people are less tolerant of racism and bigotry and dont like to listen to that.
>>
>>75032486
>>75032837

that song wasn't in the top 40
>>
>>75032486
Why does /mu/ keep meming about the "she's just 17" line? That's legal age in most places. Donovan's Mellow Yellow says i'm just mad about 14 year old girls.
>>
>>75032897
Honestly with lyrics like that, I'd half it expect it to be a smash hit song.
>>
>>75032473
I think its about the same. Just shifted differently. Back then it was harder to get away with sexual themes, now its racial slur.
>>
>>75033097
Canada the legal age is 16, though most don't agree with that.
>>
>>75033032
I think part of the reason he was willing to apologize was that he never really thought of himself as any kind of serious artist even when he wrote that album so never gave any part significance. he had the ability to make genius music while simultaneously being detached from it. i think he was completely detached from himself when he composed and recorded that first album. live he seems never to have even attempted anywhere near the same level of intensity in his performance.
>>
>>75033082
No, but they did successfully go mainstream and platinum on the album immediately after Steele's epic jack hammer rape odyssey. I don't think any other band has pulled something like that after such a pure utterly hateful album.
>>
>>75033216
The early 90s footage of them doing SD&H-BK captures that spirit perfectly. It was Peter at his most sarcastic and ironic, and yet the band was super tight. He took a serious turn once OR dropped and that wound up being impactful in its own way. It's a shame the live performances began to slip starting in 2000. WCD only got 1 year of Peter at his best. It was a steep descent soon after as his addiction took its toll.
>>
>>75033408
he died.
they got him in the end
>>
>>75033071
Holy shit. Welcome to the thread. Are /mu/tants really this autistic that so many of them can't understand a simple thread topic?
>>
>>75033134
It's 16 in the UK and no one cares
>>
File: Michael-Jackson.jpg (58KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Jackson.jpg
58KB, 615x615px
>Jew me, sue me
>Everybody do me
>Kick me, kike me
>Don't you black or white me
>>
>>75033216
I agree that he didn't see himself as an artiste, but I disagree that he was detached from that album. I would call World Coming Down his most personal album, but Slow, Deep & Hard was his most honest album. Josh described their attitude at that stage as "naive," because they just said what was on their mind without dressing it up. It's a snapshot of the feelings raging inside a heartbroken, depressed, bitter man.

People do change, but there's no denying that Der Untermensch came from a place of sincerity. https://youtu.be/xoQttIgNMmw
>>
>>75033993
This guy gets it. Thank you.
>>
File: david_bowie_fascism_1976.jpg (83KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
david_bowie_fascism_1976.jpg
83KB, 320x450px
>>75032447
That song's probably a left over from his hippie days, it doesn't fit the album at all.
But he did have an infamous fascination with nazism as his cocaine addiction progressed

>I'm closer to the Golden Dawn
>Immersed in Crowley's uniform
>Of imagery
>I'm living in a silent film
>Portraying Himmler's sacred realm
>Of dream reality

>I'm the twisted name on Garbo's eyes
>Living proof of Churchill's lies
>I'm destiny
>I'm torn between the light and dark
>Where others see their targets
>Divine symmetry
>>
>>75034097
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.