[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Pitchfork the most spineless hacks in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Pitchfirk.png (1KB, 267x39px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfirk.png
1KB, 267x39px
They've removed reviews they initially gave low scores and then replaced them with high scores once they've gotten a following and critical acclaim.

They've removed reviews giving high scores once the hype disappears and people forget about it, and then pretend they never liked it in the first place.

They've bashed classics and then got called out, and then rectify it because they're too pussy to stick to what they said.

They've handed out 10.0 to classics which you know they wouldn't give 10.0 if it was released last week.

Not to mention, their psuedo-intellectual token pop albums/tracks they gush over to make out like they're so advanced to see the poetry in often vapid songs. Don't get me wrong, some are fun and at least entertaining, but usually it's them acting smart.

Why don't we just drop them /mu/?
>>
>>75031837
>Why don't we just drop them /mu/?
i have, more people should too
>>
File: PitchforkBTFO.png (65KB, 695x567px) Image search: [Google]
PitchforkBTFO.png
65KB, 695x567px
I know anon, but who else can we use??
>>
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/9464-shine-on/

only decent pitchfork review ever made
>>
>>75031857
use for what?
>>
File: 51P6UDZNOYL.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51P6UDZNOYL.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>75031872
But if this went on to become a classic, they would delete this and do something serious and positive.

Look at their review of pic related
>>
also p4k killed grimes social media with faux reporting and bullshit articles. never forget never forgive
>>
>>75031910
i didn't know this but it just inspired me to click 5 ads on p4k
>>
>>
>>75031857
how about you use your fucking ears and brains, if you have them
>>
>>75031837
I love to hate them. I mean take a look at:
https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/18172-kanye-west-yeezus/

thinking kanye is some sort of genius on this album, while just blandly copied some industrial/noise trends that actually have been introduced by death grips or the like.
>>
>>75031837
pitchfork is an integral part of the /mu/ meme culture. nobody takes them seriously and your thread is embarrassing.
>>
>>75032278
touched a nerve
>>
>>75032285
how even
>>
>>75032278
They may be a meme but that doesn't take away from the fact they're completely full of shit and constantly backtrack on many of their reviews when trends shift meanwhile making out like their the ultimate patricians.
>>
What's the best Pitchfork review anons?

Kid A???

>The experience and emotions tied to listening to Kid A are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax.
>>
>>75032345
that just makes them funnier IMO
>>
>>75032364
it's time to let them go
>>
>>75032364
that just gives them traffic and they direct cancerous normie poptimists to /mu/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.