[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is MY album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0018.jpg (332KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
332KB, 1200x902px
It represents who I am. I have been studying music for the last 10 years. I listen to music from all over the world.

My music is all electronic. I made tracks 1-7 & 12 in Fruity Loops (Demo) and tracks 8-11 & 13 in Garage Band (iOS).

I have no idea what genre it is. But I am influenced by all music.

There are some jazz elements, hip hop, classical, house, prog metal, r&b, funk, its got it all.

https://totallytubular.bandcamp.com/album/the-best-of-totally-tubular

32 minutes, 13 songs. Check it out!
>>
>>75030151
Hello there! We actually have threads dedicated to posting original music or albums like this. Soundcloud threads, Bandcamp threads or marketing threads where everybody posts links to their respective pages of music to showcase songs or albums they've created. /mu/ moderators don't typically allow self promotion posts like these outside of the containment threads. Try posting in one of them next time

Regardless, I'll take a listen :)
>>
>>75030151
I skimmed through
this is garbage
>>
>>75030192
I didn't see any BandCamp threads. Also... BandCamp threads don't get musician's and their music out to the public. It just sits there.

My music means my life to me. I think it deserves its own thread.
>>
>>75030276
thats mean
>>
>>75030304
It means your life to you but that doesn't mean it means much to anyone else. It doesn't deserve its own thread.
>>
>>75030304
It gets out to people, I promise. You just gotta socialize and connect with others in the community and post in the threads frequently. Getting lucky and posting early in a newer thread helps too. I've marketed myself via these threads for a while and have been doing pretty well for myself. Close to 1,000 followers on Soundcloud and a feature on Tinymixtapes, and I've yet to even complete my debut album. Just gotta socialize is all

If you didn't see a bandcamp thread, you could also just try making one yourself and attaching a link to your album in the opening post. That works
>>
>>75030318
Its mean that a thread died for a mediocre album that doesnt even bother changing vsts or drum sounds
its all stock sound effects from his DAWs
>>
>>75030331
I don't expect my music to mean anything to anyone. However, it does in fact mean a lot to me.

Lots of threads on here are total nonsense. Anyone can make a BandCamp. The threads don't go anywhere. If it meant a lot to them they would be making their own threads too.

I have been advertising my own music for a long time and it is impossible to make it big like I need.
>>
>>75030352
There are plenty of different instrument samples on there. However, I have my preferences. They're instruments to me. My laptop and phone are my orchestras and I am the conductor.
>>
>>75030372
>If it meant a lot to them they would be making their own threads too.
My music means a lot to me too. It's against the board's rules though. Not too hard to understand. Just make the workarounds. It's not hard
>>
>>75030382
this is not mixed well
this does not sound good
this has a ton of stock sounds
If you really cared that much about the music you could have at least mixed it well
>>
>>75030392
/mu could be a little for organized and made for musicians.

75% of the threads are just fans of music either talking about why their favorite band is the best band ever or why they hate another popular artist.

25% is artists desperately trying to promote their music in SoundCloud and BandCamp threads.

Yet, only about 5% of the threads are for musicians.

That's not fair.
>>
I meant 75% of the users are fans and 25% are musicians however 95% of the threads are for bands that are already popular and only 5% are for musicians.

Even the guitar or piano threads suck. We need opportunities.
>>
>>75030372
>I have been advertising my own music for a long time and it is impossible to make it big like I need.
Try making your album free, i was skimming through the tracks and i couldn't listen for more than like 3 minutes as it blocked me from streaming anymore, exposure might be worth more than the money you get from people buying it at this point? (if thats naive then sorry, i just feel that would be a better way of promoting yourself)

Also your sound is not that unique, and there dont seem to be any themes in your music that are interesting beyond a surface level. There are for sure things you can work on to improve imo
>>
File: popcorn.gif (25KB, 267x200px)
popcorn.gif
25KB, 267x200px
this thread is making me cringe so hard
>>
>>75030456
I had 3 full length albums for free, now I have one EP for $7. $7 is a fine price for the love I put into it. I know a lot about music and my art shows it. Please refrain from negative comments.
>>
I read the words "Fruity Loops" and "Garage band" and from that point on never once considered listening to your music
>>
>>75030492
wait i listened to it and it's not bad. it's fucking hilarious actually
>>
>>75030492
Why? I love these programs. I make it all in the piano roll. I have it all in sheet music in my head. I gotta get it out somehow. I play most of the instruments you hear but I don't have the time or resources to form a band and record it.

Give it a listen. I listen to stuff like Chick Corea, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Animals as Leaders, Robert Glasper, Led Zeppelin, and lots of world music. American music is great, but there's lots of music all over the world and it's good too.
>>
>>75030488
your music is fine but it's not worth $7, I would've downloaded it if it was free
>>
>Check This Out! - 0:44
>listen to 17 seconds
>no
>>
>>75030523
i changed my mind i actually like the music but your self serious presentation, fake humility and defensiveness come off badly. it's twee punk type of music so you gotta be twee. if your intro post was like something from /s4s/ it would be a lot more fitting and i would know what i was getting myself into
>>
Stop shilling your trash.
>>
>>75030543
introduce yourself like, "it's Ornette Coleman via the Gimmick! soundtrack as released by K Records" and everybody would be cool with this
>>
>>75030534
"My Song" should be the highlighted track. Is it not? The first half of the album was written many years ago. It takes a certain level of patience to enjoy that style of music. It's not for everybody.

The latter half was made more recently. It's a little more organized.
>>
>>75030452
>We need opportunities.
the opportunity is most outhere in somewhere, you gets points if you're from USA
more points if live in LA or NY
a combination of real innovation work + some unclear events will get you to underground or mainstream success

these unclear events are so random

>>75030151
i still recommend OP to not try to shill here with threads but post in the soundcloud and bandcamp threads

do what every other artist do, the normal approach to reach fans

but you could have your own methods

Soon as you get new fans, a larger audience they're will love you, defend you, follow you.

But it depends, you know the rules?

I had a teacher who have a black/death metal band, this band is really really bad and his band have probably zero fans. He atleast have fun doing some local shows on his city to a micro audience and having fun drinking with his weirdo friends.

Again you'll never get big this way shilling here BUT no one knows, depends you know what i'm implying?

;-)

PS.: i hope i get the spotlight soon very soon i have big ideas etc but i'm making music with the casualities and no-fi
>>
>>75030604
I can't afford to move out and attend the college I am planning on attending, yet.

However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be marketing myself and utilizing the internet as a resource. Believe it or not, /mu and reddit and facebook, and having a SoundCloud and BandCamp isn't enough, but you still gotta try.

Every big name was once just like you and me. Not popular whatsoever.

People usually reject what's different, thinking there's a defect.
>>
>>75030492
You're delusional great part of a very succesful niche of music today is made with FL Studio, a DAW that was my 2016 daw, Trap rap, EDM, pop rap and some pop and experimental music.

I switched unafortunately to an more humble audio workstation... lol in 2017.

I'm considering moving to Ableton.

Producers really don't only uses one only DAW though so are the Audio Engineers. Audio Engineers are the people that most deal with DAW though.

Critiquing bad DAWS in general are idioticy...
>>
please delete this cringy fucking thread
>>
>>75030642
yes some of what you said is true

but its interesting most new musicians have a some sort of vendetta, we all know that alot of artists and bands that receive spotlight aren't really good

but thats a records labels problems

the solution is to use the same old way - sending our DEMOS to record labels, if we get into one great they'll do everything, everything, we would get professoonal equipment, marketing team, PR team

I'm starting to have a plan on what should i focous now if making a major release myself or send this release (some best of) to various labels as a DEMO
>>
>>75030648
I don't understand the hate.

I literally just pick the instrument I want, Rhoads, tenor saxophone, p-bass, female choir, x3osc, whatever it may be. I don't see anything wrong with them.

As for the drums, I would rather sample the kit myself. I know much about drums. My kit isn't that great though. Thus, on Fruity Loops I used the hip hop drums and on GB I use bluebird and roots.

The album should be free to stream. I'll try to disable the "please donate" this that pops up.
>>
>>75030657
whats the problem son, let the man jave his moment, his exposition, shame on you because i think you can't reach his level at this moment even if its really amateurish
>>
The instrumental component is really good. You seem to be a skilled musician for sure but the songwriting goes absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>75030441
That's not the fault of the moderators. That's the community. You can always do your part to try making some threads that encourage that 5% of discussion you're interested in starting. Part of why I tried helping Sharethreads get better. I liked the idea of the board being able to share obscure albums with one another, or even popular albums others just don't happen to have. If there's something you'd like to contribute to the board, feel free. It'll make /mu/ better if you can make something great
>>
>>75030712
You gotta listen to the Garage Band tracks if you don't enjoy the Fruity Loops tracks.
>>
>>75030690
haha ok

but they way you put the words on this thread sounded kinda ironic, its like you're parodying prodution beginners

i think thats not so bad if someone starting in music by using soundbanks from plugins etc if on this road the dude turns into some moderate MurdaBeats, Flume and Metroboomin the no-complex producers but successful (they made literally from "nothing" musically speaking)
>>
>>75030726
Turning an act into a meme is one of the best methods to get a wide audience. Some people sometimes tries to replicate it.

I remember some dude shilling his shoegaze album here.

The most funny dude was that guy who showed his "benis" in the artwork with a forest in the background.

Theres other exemples.

I don't know, everyone is free to risk things lol.
>>
if you are actually that good, you WILL be discovered. If you're not that good you won't go anywhere. OP you seem like you're in denial. You're not bad by any means, but you still need to keep working at it. The cream always rises to the top. Make it so people have no choice but to notice you.

I'm in a semi-famous band that's discussed here regularly. Trust me man.
>>
>Really good tier
tracks 2 - 6 and 8 - 10

>Ok tier
Check This Out!
Chill...

>Bad novelty music tier
The Dragon's Lair!
Brehstep

>Drum 'n bass cover of Brothersport inexplicably without any bass
My Song
>>
>>75030473
I'm euphoric right now
>>
>>75030758
theres people like Vektroid, Hopsin, most mainstream EDM acts, and even xxxtentacion to an extent that disproves that theory

But you right, always the 'commercial' chracteristics attsct labels.

But there are various exceptions outhere man...
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2000x877px)
image.png
2MB, 2000x877px
>>75030757
If you're talking about Zachariah Holte - A History Of Flesh when you refer to the benis in the forest guy, that album being a meme was the result of Aaron Ellis making it into a meme. He's a guy from Australia (who I'm fairly certain is married and lives in South Korea now) who would frequently make threads with selfies of himself as a joke. Dedicated memer, I found his random threads pretty funny and his music is definitely unique. He got a little too much at times though (pic related's probably the worst he once got)
>>
>>75030726
I think the threads should be organized and pinned by genre.

If we're all chillin in the metal thread talking about how much we love Metallica and Megadeth, and some unknown talent shows up and posts their album they just worked hard on, I'll give it a listen. Why not?

But it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>75030791
Oh trust me there's bass. You just can't hear it because it's hecka low lol. I use to have some bomb ass headphones that broke from years of use. The bass is like C1 and it's hard to hear.

I don't know what you mean by cover though.
>>
>>75030814
hah this dude from the pic related is kinda a really weird case, hes some playboy from australia R.I.P.
>>
File: 1501741931163.jpg (5KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
1501741931163.jpg
5KB, 214x236px
>>75030848
good lord
>>
>>75030340
>and a feature on Tinymixtapes
how did you do this? pls tell
>>
>>75030151
Why does he get a free pass for shilling his awful music yet others don't?

this should be in bandcamp thread as others suggested
>>
>>75030915
The BandCamp threads are disgustingly useless; anyone that uses them adds to it.
>>
>>75030915
how this awful its a fun thing to him, can you do better than him?

>>75030913
e-mail the publication/writers thats how everything works
but theres a filter
Let the youth have fun, let the people reath. The border between an great artist and a Normal Person is very short!

>>75030962
Still mods should delete or ban OP though, bandcamp threads are bandcamp threads, theres a function if someone wants more atenttion use others methods
>>
>>75030151
>$7
why
>>
>>75030151
this is pretty decent senpai

If you don't mind me stroking your ego, I'm curious:

1) In terms of composition, are there any methods or techniques you follow?
2) Same as above, but regarding production.
3) Gimme a list of some music every musician should listen to.
>>
>>75030913
It just happened. I didn't even ask for it, but I'm definitely happy it happened.

Most times though, you'd email the writers or publication. They do have quality control though and only write for something they genuinely enjoy.

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/chocolate-grinder/listen-prismadoll-trusty

>>75030821
Yeah, that happens sometimes. I've even done it (did it in a post-nightcore thread recently; I posted a relevant track I did as a response to someone's post). That's different from, say, like this thread, simply posting your album and asking people to listen to it. The whole catalog would be filled with threads like this if they weren't contained to a bandcamp, soundcloud or marketing thread. Even soundcloud threads in general, the very containment threads they're meant to be, sometimes end up having 5 or 6 ones up at the same time, so it ends up feeling spammy rather than contained. If you have something relevant to the thread's topic though and are in the middle of discussion though, I'm sure nobody would mind hearing your music. Just as long as you're casual about it and don't try being too marketing looking. It's just you bringing up a relevant thing to the conversation in that instance, not advertisement for your product

>>75030854
Yeah he's definitely one of a kind. That's part of why I found him so hilarious. Having the gall to just post selfies of yourself (different ones every time too) for either no purpose or for a vaguely music related purpose. Some original memery there.

It was spam but I kinda miss him. It was positive memeing rather than spiteful memeing that typically happens here. That doesn't happen too much
>>
So this is how we do now? Ok then, let's all make our own shill thread and overflow /mu/ because fuck rules. My music is my life to me and i feel like i am the next fucking AFX and i can't bend to the community guidelines because i've listened to my music a lot and i also reviewed it and i've come to the conclusion that it deserve more attention than your. Fuck you if you don't like it, guess i'll see you or more correctly YOU'll see me on P4k best new music, sucker.
>>
>>75032201
Essentially this

Really. Music means a lot to just about everyone on this board. The ones who make it themselves especially. Letting everybody be able to make threads to promote their albums individually though would, as said, flood the catalog with this. It'd all be meaningless if everything just got saged to the bottom of the catalog

Post in a bandcamp thread next time. That's why we have them
>>
>>75030151
I don't mind it at all. Good work. Keep going. Cheers
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.