[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rock music is dea-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

>rock music is dea-
>>
-d
>>
>>75020439
rock music is dea--d?
>>
>>75020439
This. Who the fuck cares about this garbage band? All of their albums sound the goddamn same.
>>
op, I agree with you. john dwyer is saving rock music.
>>
>>75020455
Orc sounds nothing like any of their other albums.
>>
>>75020480
John Dwyer is a magical space wizard who can do no wrong.
>>
It's all in your head
>>
>>75020427
This album bumps in the whip and deserves to be jerked off to on here. Also saying any genre is dead is dumb as well. Rock has clearly taken the backseat to other genres but saying that it's dead is fucking retarded.
>>
>>75020455
You would know better if you actually listened to their shit. This isn't even an opinion, it does not all sound the same.
>>
>>75020455
All their albums sound the same?
Have you ever listened to them? Because but you have you might be retarded
>>
>>75020455
This criticism contradicts the other typical Oh Sees criticisms I hear, which are essentially just personal predilections against the growing krautrock influence heard in the newer work from this band. So which one is it? Or is it just that people are making hasty generalizations...?
>>
Too bad no one knows who thee oh sees are.
>>
File: 1331070992789.jpg (78KB, 590x535px) Image search: [Google]
1331070992789.jpg
78KB, 590x535px
>always thought it was 'Three Oh Sees'
>now they dropped the 'Three' so I don't have to be retarded anymore

Anyway good album, Animated Violence is fucking amazing
>>
>>75024648
Fuck I meant 'Thee'. Turns out I'm retarded even after the name change
>>
>>75024440
Who the fuck are "Thee Oh Sees". You mean the Oh Sees
>>
>>75024440
You kidding me? Everyone knows Tidal Wave. They're more famous than plenty of other bands on here.
>>
>>75024713
it's the OC's dumbass
>>
>>75022880
>>75020681
>>75020480
>>75022583

An oh sees album = fuzz + delay + bad riffs

they have never tried to evolve their sound beyond adding a synth (that has fuzz) to this album

Ty Segall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oh Sees
>>
>>75024860
meh, theres bands in the scene who legitimately do what you said but thee oh sees have just enough good jams to break the mold, but still agree that ty segall is better
>>
>>75024860
The only good thing Ty has ever made was his 2008 self titled record. Everything else is dreadfully boring.
>>
>>75024822
you mean OCS
>>
>>75024860
dwyer was around much longer than ty, and ty takes direct influence from him. the oh sees are ever evolving and changing, this is such a shit tier and uninformed opinion. i do agree that ty has somewhat more variety in his styles and bands but dwyer is superior.

>>75026397
this opinion is trash too, he has made several very good albums and projects. his album with the guy from white fence is good albiet mostly covers, twins is a really good album. his 2008 self titled that you mention is not his best release at all but it's still decent. ty is cool because he has definitely not stuck to one particular sound. his more recent albums have been pretty mediocre though, as is the case sometimes, just seems to get less and less creative as he goes, getting more and more boring standard rock.
>>
>>75024860
how can you say an album with Keys To The Castle, Paranoise and Raw Optics is exactly the same as their previous output
>>
>>75020427
>thee-oh-sees-orc-album-art
>thee

Anon...
>>
>>75027237
actually, it's just oh sees
>>
>>75020455
Listen to 1, then Sucks Blood, then Orc and say that again
>>
>>75024914
>>75024860
>Ty Segall
>Good
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>75020427
Listened to it all, Cooling Tower is pretty chill.
>>
My first exposure to this band was this most recent album. Watched a live performance on youtube and they fucking ripped. Dont understand why there is so many upset retards in this thread but I want to know what are some of their best albums so I can get educated on them. Thanks
>>
>>75029792
My personal faves are Carrion Crawler/the Dream, A Weird Exits, and Floating Coffin. Everyone will have different faves though because they are a consistent and diverse band
>>
>>75020427
my favorite album of theirs
>>
>>75028370
I just have all the albums of theirs that I have in my music library with the artist name 'Oh Sees' because I really don't give a shit about their name switching, I just want it all to be in the same place when I sort by artist
>>
>>75029792
Contrary to the other anon, my favourites besides Orc are Drop and Mutilator Defeated at Last.
>>
>>75020455
isn't this what everybody says about artists they don't like? i mean opinions are opinions but you gotta be a real dumbfuck to actually think this.

they have clusters of albums/certain eras where the sound is similar, but beginning, middle, and current oh sees all sound very different from each other.

cool death/sucks blood = comfy oh sees
masters bedroom to castlemania = garage rock
carrion crawler to a weird exits = psych-rock
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.