[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw finally getting good at songwriting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1497952100446.png (806KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1497952100446.png
806KB, 1001x823px
>tfw finally getting good at songwriting
>>
give me sum tips for creating chord progressions, I'm lazy as fuck and I can't just sit and learn some more music theory than basic intervals and creating chords
>>
Goddamn I wanna know how it feels
>>
In what genre? Just curious.
>>
>>75019548
I think the best advice is to just start doing it- just chucking stuff at the metaphorical wall and seeing what sticks. You do that long enough, you'll figure out what works, what doesn't, what style you can make your own
>>
>>75019526
Do you want to be successful? Repeat stuff. Over and over. Might seem stupid but that's the basis of every hook imaginable.
Or you could just jazz it. See what comes out.
>>
File: 385347_orig.jpg (228KB, 908x615px) Image search: [Google]
385347_orig.jpg
228KB, 908x615px
>>75019526
i start with base notes, then i just skip one note in the scale and put a note down to make chords

you don't have to have really complicated chords, it just has to feel right and trigger some sort of emotion

then with melody's ill use the base notes in the chord progression as the outline then add more in and play around with different rhythms, i pick one based on the emotion im trying emphasize at the point in the song

JUST FEEL IT MAN
>>
>>75020426
>JUST FEEL IT MAN
this nigga. you know what vocal sample from Endtroducing?

"the music's flowing through me." it's like that
guys like paul mccartney have music flowing out of every orifice
>>
>>75019578
My penis hurts
>>
>>75020485
ya you have to really get deep into it if you want it to flow out you

THINK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME

TRY TO HEAR MUSIC EVEN WHEN THERE ISNT ANY

i make music in my dreams

nojokes.png
>>
>>75020618
me too bro. it's actually really handy.
usually a song will pop into my head when I'm halfway between awake and falling asleep, so I grab my phone and vocalize the melody into a memo for later. so many free songs that way

you know what I call this shit? "Einstein in the patent office."
>>
>>75020657
thats actually really funny because Einstein had most of his discoveries come to him when he was just relaxing

i read somewhere that when you think about something a lot and treat it like a problem to solve you're unconscious will do the work for you if you go through periods of intense focus and work and relaxation

we're workin on two levels over here

i woke up singing a song the other day and didn't record it and i lost it

shit sucks man it was good
>>
>>75020716
>i woke up singing a song the other day and didn't record it and i lost it
Ugh worst feeling. gotta put that shit in a voice memo ASAP
i've got like 100 voice memos and whenever I go out for a smoke i listen through them and most of them I have no memory of lol, patchworking songs that way is fun.

this is cool talking songwriting with you bro. I broke my foot so I can't jam with the band (I'm on drums) so I'm just stuck at home playing piano all day
>>
>>75019526
this is gonna sound stupid, but you're looking at it the wrong way. chord progressions are not the creative part of writing rock/pop music. there are like a handful (maybe 10) chord progression used in 99.9% of songs.

you will literally never come up with a completely "new" chord progression unless it is like 100 different chords long. and even then it will just be a bunch of already-established chord progressions mashed together.

so basically, you can just copy chord progressions you like and change them around if you feel like it.
the melody, lyrics, arrangement, etc etc is all what makes a song unique
>>
>>75020892
aw that blows

ay but you will get in some good practice time so it ain't all bad
>>
>>75021648
yeah could be worse. could have broken an arm, then I couldn't shitpost effectively either. i wanna drum so bad man, i like being behind the set with the microphone hanging down in front of me, that's home. I'm good at piano but it doesn't feel right. good for writing doe
/end blogpost
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.