[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is 14. He wants to start playing an instrument. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (183KB, 700x228px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
183KB, 700x228px
My brother is 14. He wants to start playing an instrument. Is he too old to learn. He doesn't do music in school. He has good hand eye coordination. Should he try and pick up the guitar?
>>
>Is he too old to learn?
No, you're never really too old to learn. Besides, it's completely fine to learn it in high school.
>He doesn't do music in school.
Completely fine as well.
>He has good hand-eye coordination.
Doesn't really matter, honestly.
>Should he try and pick up the guitar?
Honestly, which instrument does he want to play? Forcing someone to play with an instrument they don't want is just going to hurt their enjoyment of music.
>>
What a dumb fucking thread. If he wants to play guitar then yes play guitar. I started around age 12 or 13 and am completely self taught. And I can play circles around almost any guitarist I have ever met
>>
>>75018537
You are never too old to learn. If he has time to shtipost on chan or watch some idiotic youtube crap, then he has time to learn to play an instrument. He should pick it up, practice every day, be disciplined, devoted and unassailable. See you in a year.
>>
>>75018601
Yeah this. I loved and of course still do love the instrument of guitar. I studied it endlessly for the first 3 years I picked it up. Played roughly 2 to 3 hours EVERY day for around 3 years. Been playing for about 10 now and still find time everyday to play and practice and write . If you honestly love music and your instrument and have a desire to improve and create, you will want nothing more than to simply just play
>>
>>75018580
He wants to play some sort of guitar. He likes James Root and Gary Holt
>>
>my brother
Nice try op
>>
>>75018537
I started at 14, you don't have to be the next Jimi Hendrix, it's just a fun hobby.
>>
>>75018537
We all know you're 14
>>
>guitar
>2017
This isn't the 70s, dude. Your brother will never make it.
>>
>>75018736
Jimi started when he was 15 tho
>>
I started at 19 lmao what the hell.
>>
>>75018758
>Your brother will never make it.
Lol playing an instrument to "make it"
>>
>>75018758
He's just bored. He's not trying to be a celebrity
>>
>>75018537
14 is when a lot of people (inc successful musicians) pick up guitar.
>>
>>75018911
Tell him to go for it. He will enjoy it and if he doesn't there's nothing he can really lose from trying.
>>
sure

just for the love of god don't let him pick up a fucking sg
>>
>>75018537
Assuming op isn't actually the 14 years old brother
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.