[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this /mu/core? And why is it objectively his best album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Fragile.png (123KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Fragile.png
123KB, 300x300px
Is this /mu/core?

And why is it objectively his best album?
>>
Pitchfork panned it, so no. It is a great album but this board is pitchfork jr.
>>
File: 69DyOVN.png (245KB, 784x578px) Image search: [Google]
69DyOVN.png
245KB, 784x578px
>>75015256
>>
>>75015256
We stopped being Pitchfork jr in like 2012, keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>75015266
What're you talking about, faggot. Literally when pitchfork started taking a big interest in pop and rap, this board turned into a pop/rap shitfest and remains so. You're obviously a newfag if you don't realize that literally every best new music album gets attention from this board all month just because of the review.
>>
>>75015344
How do we fix it?
>>
>>75015265
are there any other albums that would go from terrible to classic if they were given a remastered/definitive edition?
>>
>>75015407
The Fragile was always good, pitchfork is just shit.
>>
the good tracks are great on this one. the best tracks on this album are treats best tracks ever produced and written.
>>
>>75015358
Ban waifufagging, band spam threads, hip hop general for all rap
>>
>>75015486
What are your favorite tracks?
>>
>>75015250
It's borderline /mu/core.
>>
>>75015693
Hurt, I Don't Want This, Closer
>>
>>75015250
I think TDS, Year Zero and even the EPs/Hesitation Marks is better than The Fragile.
It is pretty bloated, but it was necesarry step forward for NIN.
>>
File: the fragile (2).jpg (775KB, 1920x1408px) Image search: [Google]
the fragile (2).jpg
775KB, 1920x1408px
>>75015250
It was significantly more personal than TDS. It was a return to the more earnest PHM songwriting with added maturity in the sound, It set the groundwork to everything that came after it. From the Rock driven WT to the bleeps and bloops of Hesitation Marks.
>>
>>75017757
>It was significantly more personal than TDS. It was a return to the more earnest PHM songwriting with added maturity in the sound

This is something all NIN releases decided to be (expect for Year Zero), Trent's writting became more honest than ever after The Fragile and became more personal, feeling like you're looking into someone's diary.
>>
>>75018437
>>75017757
This is the reason why I like Post-Fragile (Fragile as well) works more. I know people consider The Downwards Spiral a master piece, but I can't stop listening to stuff like The Slip or With_Teeth, I listen to them way more than TDS/The Fragile
>>
>>75015250
it was his first truly cringeworthy album

at least with TDS you could pretend the edge was tongue in cheek and at times ironic, The Fragile and everything after that is Shadow The Hedgehog incarnate
>>
>>75018935
The Fragile is less edgy than The Downward Spiral in every single way, what the fuck.
>>
Yes it is mucore
>>
>>75018935
but, its not really edgy at all?
>>
>>75018974
This.
The fragile is a lot more melodic than TDS and it shed a lot of the angst he had incorporated into his music.
>>
>>75016223
but anon those songs are on awithateetha
>>
>>75019044
AWITHATEEFUH
>>
>>75019034
Don't forget it has tracks like "The Fragile" and "We're In This Together" which are opposite of edge, they are genuinelly heart-felt songs about trying to save someone or wanting to escape depression with someone.
Trent wouldn't make such songs even Post-Fragile. Actually opposite, the akin to "The Fragile" would be "Lights In The Sky" and "I Would For You"
The former is about dying with your loved one.
The latter is very self-loathing, wanting to change your very-self for a person.
>>
>>75019020
>>75019034
Some people think expressing how you feel in any way is "cringey" or "edgy"
>>
>>75018935
>Le nin is edgy meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_GbMQftkA
>>
>>75019196
NIN do it in a very mature way, I’m not sure why anyone would call it edgy.
I’m looking forward to joining you, finally is a beautiful song about his feelings about his grandmother’s passing BTW. Just felt like putting that out there.
>>
>>75019196
Thats what happens when we indoctrinate our children with the belief that crying and moments of weakness arent allowed for boys. They over-masculate themselves to compensate
>>
>>75019196
>>75019329
>nin is edgy

literally the worst meme, the fragile is like a flowing work of art taking an intimate look into the mind of someone who felt he had lost everything and hit rock bottom, i think its a good look into the psyche of how Trent was feeling at that time in his life, and he conveys his emotions really well through his songs. Imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fsHtkNU7w
>>
>>75019399
He also wrote La Mer when he was contemplating his suicide, and then wrote Adrift and at Peace later on as a sort of closure to La Mer and his feelings tied to it.
>>
>>75019399
He's done it amazingly on this album, but Hesitation Marks was just manufactured edge
>>
File: The Reznors.jpg (158KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
The Reznors.jpg
158KB, 600x604px
>>75019716
HM was much more of an anxious targeted depression than the drowning Fragile was. Like someone who was catching himself starting to return back to the old rut, but was proactive enough to address it. He has people he needs to be okay for now.
>>
>>75019716
>Hesitation Marks was just manufactured edge
I'd argue he did it just as wonderfully as he did on The Fragile, there is nothing edgy on Hesitation Marks, it is mature and deals with depression very honestly.
>>
>>75019790
>>75019799
It just felt to me like he was actively regressing back into his emo 20s. I've been a hardcore fan of NIN for a pong time but I still can't get myself thru that album
>>
>>75019716
t. literally never heard a song off of it, just posted the record with the edgiest title he saw on Wikipedia

>>75019845
>I've been a hardcore fan of NIN
bait
>>
>>75019886
What you don't think hardcore nin fans can exist or something, is that beyond your comprehension?
>>
>>75019936
no, hardcore NIN fans being so wrong about HM is.
>>
>>75019790
Anxiety is definetelly a feeling I get from Hesitation Marks, anxiety, fear, regret and depression.
Hesitation Marks may be the most self-critical album Trent put out.
>>75019845
I don't think so, I could clearly tell from the vocal performances that all what he sings is what he means here.
What is heart-breaking about Hesitation Marks and its theme, is the fact that Trent, at his core, will always be a recovering addict with depression, there is nothing he can do about that. Depresion can't go away and it is a part of him.

This becomes more worrying when you look at people like Chester and Cornell, people whom are in the same age as Trent, also with families, and recovered addicts, depression's real.

>>75019936
That anon was pointing that out because a lot of NIN fans use "I was fan of NIN for ages" as an attempt to make their arguments seem stronger, I respect your opinion on Hesitation Marks, I would recommend repeated listenings though, like all NIN releases, it grows on you.
>>
>>75019886
>>75019964
>someone doesn't agree with me on a subjective thing they must be bad and lying

OK bro
>>
>>75020026
sorry, but Hesitation Marks is objectively not edgy.
>>
File: Screenshot_12.png (100KB, 456x252px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_12.png
100KB, 456x252px
>>75020135
I guess you can call its name edgy, perhaps, but that's about it, maybe Black Noise.
The edgiest Post-Fragile album would either be "Not The Actual Evets", "With_Teeth" or "The Slip"

I found the captcha funny.
>>
>>75019790
I cant be the only one who thinks Trent is pretty inspiring as a person and musician, he really managed to turn his life around and make something of himself.
>>
>>75020192
Trent Reznor inspires me to keep on living and hoping things will get better one day.
And I love his music and I believe he is a genius, I would go as far to put him above Bowie.
>>
>>75020192
>>75020205
oh please
>>
>>75020211
Man, where's your album.
>>
>>75020211
oh please what dude, care to actually debate rather than just make pointless comments?
>>
>>75020269
Check his name f a m, it's a joke poster.
>>
>>75020135
t. The arbiter of reality
>>
>>75020398
what makes it edgy though?
>>
>>75015250
PHM is better
>>
>>75020415
PHM is the worst NIN album.
>>
>>75015250
This was his last great album because shortly afterwards everyone who was around him (musicians who helped him write his songs) left NIN because Trent was such a manipulative abusive piece of shit. Clouser, Dillon, and Finck all got the fuck out of there after the fragile, and Vrenna was already tossed out into the garbage by Trent himself. People think it was because he got sober, but really its because he drove away all his talented friends with his prima donna diva behavior.
>>
>>75020959
But his Post-Fragile work is fucking great. Especially with stuff like Year Zero and his EPs.
>>
>>75020978
Yeah they were good but they lacked the depth the fragile had. I like YZ but its shallow as hell.
>>
Starfuckers Inc. is a bad song
>>
All these summerfags who didn't leave and don't know what /mu/core is

Fuck off pls
>>
>>75021173
It's actually not.
>>
Ladies and gentlemen... The Nine Inch Nails!
>>
>>75021284
it's not bad but it definitely doesn't belong on the fragile
>>
>>75021366
>Ladies and gentlemen. The Roadhouse is proud to welcome... The Nice Is Neat!

fify
>>
>>75018974
Starfuckers alone bringsbthe album a couple of tiers down.
>>
>>75021378
Yeah this is true.
>>
>>75021061
>I like YZ but its shallow as hell.
>HYPERPOWER!
>The Great Destroyer
>Zero-Sum
>In This Twilight
>The Great Soldier
>Violent Heart
>The Warning
not in any shape or form
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.