[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rap-Head Re-Discovers Greatest Band Ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: arice in chowmein.jpg (130KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
arice in chowmein.jpg
130KB, 1200x630px
ALICE IN CHAINS/GENERAL

Iv'e been predominantly into hip hop/rap for the past few years. Recently, I've been trying to open myself up to more new styles of music, and holy shit I'm missing so much you guys. When I was a poser little kid I liked the main singles from mostly any metal song played on the radio, such as metallica, nirvana, smashing pumpkins (kek), korn (triplekek).

Just recently I started listening to more grunge, metal-esque rock from the
early/mid 90s era. There is so much emotion and intent that goes into making songs like those, I feel like I've been selling myself short listening to (c)rap this long. You guys have any suggestions for a budding grunge/metal fan? For reference, I really enjoy A.I.C. album dirt, namely Them Bones, Rooster, Angry Chair.

Any noteworthy songs from their other albums?
>inb4 man in the box

Any similar bands?

Have any members done side projects that are worth a listen?

>TL;DR
GENERAL A.I.C. AND 90s GRUNGE METAL THREAD
>>
>>75010934
bamp

THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE
>>
what's wrong with smashing pumpkins
>>
>>75011301
nothing inherently. to me they were just a little on the cringe side comparatively. Still had a few good songs. Def not as bad as Korn though so youre str8 m8
>>
Don't Follow is one of my all time favorite songs. Acoustic, but give it a listen
>>
>>75010934
How do you feel about AiC's new singer?
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>75010934
As far as emotional writing and performance, Alice In Chains is definitely one of the best grunge acts out there. Listen to Jar Of Flies, Sap and their self titled album if you want more emotional stuff. There's also pic related which you can check out, a supergroup side project involving Layne Staley from Alice In Chains.

For other bands and artists similar, Days Of The New is pretty gloomy and in vein of the Jar Of Flies stuff. If you want more of their rocking sounding stuff, Dwellers - Pagan Fruit sounded surprisingly like them.

There's also the grunge scene that surrounded them in general. Soundgarden's the next best of the big four (AIC, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam). Chris Cornell's vocals are easily the best of the four groups, their earlier albums show him going quite high. Badmotorfinger is a super heavy and psychedelic album. Ultramega OK's been another favourite; although some don't like its thin production. I think it works perfectly for the album, though. It gives it a dark, cold and haunted feeling.

You could also try crate digging for grunge like I do. There's so much of it from the mid 90s to mid 2000s due to virtually every record label out there wanting their own Nirvana; most of these bands have become forgotten, or only put out one or two albums and called it quits. There's some hidden gems out there
>>
>>75013315
I wouldn't recommend AIC's newer albums until you've heard their initial discography first. Layne isn't on them (obviously). They're not very well mixed either
>>
>>75010934
how can you disrespect smashing pumpkins and like aic. you're a fucking idiot
don't bother listening to grunge if you treat music as an accessory item
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdXLRl2g2E
both artist sang from the fucking heart which you clearly lack you fucking autist.
>>
It Ain't like that - Facelift (1990)
No Excuses, Nutshell - Jar of Flies (1994)
Again - Alice In Chains (1996)

Some of my favorite AIC tracks, check em out OP
>>
rotten apple by alice in chains might be the comfiest song ever made
>>
>>75013315
Ignore this. Everybody knows Pearl Jam hasn't released anything noteworthy since Vitalolgy. Listen to Ten and VS and stop there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.