[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Logic.jpg (66KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
Logic.jpg
66KB, 650x360px
I feel like rap died (in terms of being popular mainstream wise) for a while there since maybe 2006, before this guy and Kendrick hit the scene.
>>
>>75010475

lil wayne
kanye
gnomesayin
>>
>>75010475
Absolutely not. Graduation/Curtis hype in 2007. Tha Carter III circlejerk of 2008. Empire State of Mind coming out of every car stereo in 2009. Drake debuting in 2010. Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, and Big Sean all rising to prominence in 2011. So on and so forth.

Hip-hop has had a pretty huge following after 2006 if anything, all leading up to today.
>>
>>75010475
reminder that if you enjoy him or wiz you are brain dead
>>
>>75010475
rap has been inescapable since, jesus christ how long has it been now? the mid 90's
>>
>>75010543

I'm talking about rap with substance, not "ima call you on my cell phone" "lick my lollipop" clown antics.
>>
>>75010592
Eminem was still around, even if he was shittier. Also Lupe Fiasco and Kid Cudi.
>>
>>75010592

>clown antics
>have been around since creation of hip hop in 1700
>>
>>75010619

yeah Lupe is pretty good
>>
>>75010475
*see pic*
*eyes rapidly bulge in and out of my skull*
*pop them back in*
*shake head vigorously and go blblblblbl*
*take glasses off, rub eyes hard, and put them back on*
*lean forward and squint at monitor*

¡Ay, caramba! That's a bad hairline.
>>
logic is literally shilling in rap form. I dont know how anyone can listen to him honestly.

>I'm biracial and its hard so I understand all perspectives!
>dont kill yourself guys hahaha! just feel good! and buy my song about it!

>did i mention I'm bi-racial?
>>
>>75011194
Agreed. It's insufferable.
>>
File: 1480600661956.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480600661956.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>75010475
I will never respect Logic or any logic fans. The dude used to bite flows very fucking hard and he most likely still does or maybe he stopped now that his snakey ways got him in a good spot.
>>
File: bye-racial.jpg (51KB, 960x864px) Image search: [Google]
bye-racial.jpg
51KB, 960x864px
>>75010565
>>75011194
>>75011282
>>75011412

Is this now a logic hate thread?
>>
File: African Tribal Art.jpg (312KB, 550x830px) Image search: [Google]
African Tribal Art.jpg
312KB, 550x830px
>>75011194

>dont kill yourself guys
What's wrong with preaching a positive attitude?

Some article on the internet that I read said his suicide song caused an uptick in suicide prevention calls by something like 50%.
>>
File: IMG-20170904-WA0059.jpg (92KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170904-WA0059.jpg
92KB, 1039x559px
>>75011680
Just a lot of youngsters looking for attention
>Look daddy my scars are beautiful
>Desu desu senpai kawaii
Nothing worthwhile would have been lost
>>
>>75011680
I could be wrong, but it seems a little disingenuous to turn a serious message like suicide into a for-profit (and mediocre might I add) rap song. Why not release a statement or make a quick non-profit video addressing the negatives of killing yourself without virtue signaling like a shitlord?

Related: Famous Dex videod himself giving a pair of clothes to a homeless man who obviously needed food, money, etc

I agree things like this can inspire others to help each other by example, but the person documenting themselves doing a good deed comes off as very narcissistic to me
>>
>>75012079
Point taken, though I don't think he's doing it to look like a good person.

He realizes he has a platform on which to send a message, and he's using it. He realizes a lot of people look up to him and will be motivated by his words more through his music than through any other medium.

Yeah, he gains some profit, but I think it's a farcry from youtubers trying to look like "good people."

You could say any rapper is being disingenuous for rapping about anything simply because they are making a profit off of it.
>>
>>75010592
you had many releases from busdriver, mf doom, madlib, aesop rock in the indie underground, or releases from jedi mind tricks/army of the pharaohs in the hardcore underground just to name a few. Also Sean Price/Boot Camp Click dropped a few.
>>
>>75011194
all his often hollow messages aside, logic has no identity in his flows and beat picks. he just sounds like a very obvious drake/kendrick/jcole/tech-9/big sean-copycat depending on his flow.

Hell, the track "everybody" from his last album was an almost verbatim copy of kendrick's "alright" in delivery and beat.
>>
>>75013166
*meant to say, depending on the song
>>
>>75010475
Sick of this quadroon cunt.
>>
I consider myself a huge hip hop fan but I've never heard of this dude until recently when his new album dropped and people discussed it.
>>
Are you crazy? You don't remember when every kid under 17 was wearing Tyler's ugly clothes?
>>
File: Sensual Hank.jpg (18KB, 293x227px) Image search: [Google]
Sensual Hank.jpg
18KB, 293x227px
>>75013166

It does sound like alright. I haven't noticed any other songs by him that seem to be copying others though. Never even crossed my mind. Can you point me to other comparisons?
>>
File: hh.gif (1012KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hh.gif
1012KB, 300x300px
>try to listen to these "lyrical" rappers
>all of their beats are bland and forgettable
>none of them are interesting or entertaining

Fugg how am I supposed to be a hardcore hip hop fan
>>
>>75016524

Listen to Weird Al if you wanna be a true hip rap fan
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.