[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the music media lose its mind over this faggot? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: James_Murphy_by_Sachyn_Mital.jpg (132KB, 615x533px) Image search: [Google]
James_Murphy_by_Sachyn_Mital.jpg
132KB, 615x533px
Why does the music media lose its mind over this faggot? He's nothing special. He wears his influences on his sleeves, and even his gimmic of bringing back Post-Punk, Dance Punk wasn't anything special. Dopplereffekt, Miss Kittin, Le Tigre and countless other bands were already doing what the media thins this dude pioneered?

And his lyrics? Nothing exceptional here. Typical misunderstood self-aware suburbanite tripe under a veneer of cool that James never quite managed to pull off.
>>
>>75009042
There was so much hype I forced my self to listen to Dance yourself Clean 3 times. It got more annoying with every listen.
>>
>>75009042
seriously words go in one ear and out the other. what the fuck is wrong with you people? Its like you are permaeuphoric or emo little 16 year olds with daddy isses. Why dont you fucking try to be happy and stop being such perverted little cunts. Fuck its a lost cause. If you want to be a sad cunt so be it, Im done trying. I hope you commit suicide or cut EDGYEMO into your wrists because thats all you ever will be. a sad cunt.
>>
>>75009106
you ok bruh?
>>
>>75009042
Tell me then what influence was he wearing on his sleeve when he made American Dream (the song)
>>
>>75009130
One song out of the dozens upon dozens of his, am I supposed to be impressed?
>>
>>75009042
They never did as much as after the break up. You got it right, LCD are just another revival band and they were treated as such back then.

But still, James Murphy had DFA way before LCD, he was up in it before the thing got rolling and their early material seriously hit a note way back when. You're kinda dumb.
>>
>>75009042
>>75009160
LimedIBagels I know it's you.
>>
>>75009206
DFA launched in 2001, there were already plenty of dance punk revival artists before that, idiot.
>>
>americans
>good electronic music
>>
>>75009245
Dawg, the foundation for DFA got laid in 97/98 and, yeah, obviously there were tons of fucking dancepunk acts running around. Do you really think I don't know? Do you actually really think that Murphy was never aware of the fact. Why do you think he got DFA up and running in the first place?

I mean, for fuck's sake, if it hadn't been for The Rapture LCD probably wouldn't even exist.
>>
>>75009325
Underground Resistance
DJ Rashad
Phuture
Todd Edwards
Jeff Mills
Cybotron

You know, the actual pioneers of great music.
>>
>>75009348
Then what the fuck is your point, asshole? Did you even read the OP? The point is that the media is calling him a pioneer when he's not one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.