[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Coltrane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: saint john coltrane.jpg (415KB, 1074x733px) Image search: [Google]
saint john coltrane.jpg
415KB, 1074x733px
Discuss the music of clearly the best musician to ever live. If you have not listened to atleast 10 Coltrane albums then you are dead to universe.
>>
Mingus is better
>>
File: 220px-ColtraneOM.jpg (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ColtraneOM.jpg
16KB, 220x220px
This is garbage and I don't get what the fuck he was thinking.
>>
The Beatles > Coltrane
>>
>>75004245
false, mingus is good. not on the level of coltrane.
>>75004258
not garbage, he was on LSD while recording though.
>>75004299
get out.
>>
>>75004258
He actually didn't want Om to be released because of how embarassed he was by it.
>>
File: R-424029-1339396725-5887.jpeg.jpg (91KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
R-424029-1339396725-5887.jpeg.jpg
91KB, 600x593px
i prefer his wifey but i do like a love supreme and my favourite things
>>
>le trumpet black man
>>
>>75004601
Hm you could've tried harder on that b8
>>
>>75004222
Honestly I don't get much emotion out of A Love Supreme.
>>
only heard 8 albums by him and his wife, i'm dead now
>>
>>75005000
It's time for Giant Steps. Just wait until you get to Naima.
>>
i like coltrane but i wish he wasn't so 'good'. technically and spiritually. most of his later music doesn't have that edge that i enjoy in music like the blues. the guy can be almost a bit too spiritual, too beautiful and affirming. not to say his music isn't fantastic but there are parts of me he does right not to satisfy

i still think blue train has his best overall solo. a love supreme for sure is a total masterpiece but his playing here is more like listening to a musical scripture, history and revelation. giant steps is probably his most accessible imo which is odd because it's technically astounding music if you're interested in that.

he has always helped me through dark times with an infinite empathy. undoubtedly the greatest musician who has ever lived
>>
>>75004222
It makes no quantifiable difference, the result is absolutely the same
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.