[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was told by my gf that my singing voice sucks. Where can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1504721007152.jpg (33KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504721007152.jpg
33KB, 540x960px
I was told by my gf that my singing voice sucks. Where can I upload a song I sung to the internet and make all of /mu/ listen to it and give a nice critique?
>>
>>75003927
clyp
>>
>>75003927
clyp or vocaroo
>>
>>75003927
you know, if your girlfriend tells you you sing badly, someone who loves you, then I think you should trust her and not /mu/
>>
>>75003992
This makes me sad. I hope she's just over-critical and this place can give me some advice to become better
>>
>>75004042
a bad singing voice can definitely be improved, you probably just don't know how to sing desu
>>
>>75004081
But I personally like the way I sing!
>>
>>75004081
>a bad singing voice can definitely be improved
How?
>>
https://clyp.it/sdc3cuam

HERE IT IS PLEASE BE GENTLE

>>75004121
I believe by practicing with a teacher
>>
>>75004110
your voice sounds different to yourself. listen to it recorded.
>>75004121
voice training, learning to relax and sing from your chest, etc. there's plenty of videos on youtube or you can get a voice coach
>>
>>75004138
not an expert but:
1) sounds like you're singing from your head too much and not relaxed. gives you a thin, nasal tone and seriously limits your power.
2) lots of pitch issues. you need to do basic practice like arpeggios and scales. try to hit the note right when you start, no hunting around for it.
>>
>>75004138
you've got a kind of outsider art thing going on
>>
>>75004138
Huh? Speak up i cant fucking hear you
>>
>>75004238
Thank you very much, much appreciated.

>>75004252
Like what kind of thing? I'm curious
>>
>>75004301
3) you need to work on your breathing. breathe in at the beginning of the phrase and let your breath drive the phrase. don't interrupt the phrase for a breath.
>>
>>75004138
you're pretty decent. I bet by practicing with a teacher and learning how to really control your voice, you could be really great
>>
>>75004338
Thanks again. These things are very useful to begin with.

>>75004353
Thank you very much for you kindness.
>>
>>75004421
oh, and one more general thing: you sound like you sing very quietly. if you want to improve your tone you MUST practice louder than this. a lot of people seize up because they're worried about people hearing them, which is very counterproductive
>>
>>75004138
>https://clyp.it/sdc3cuam
So, don't let people get you down dude. I love your voice. I'm choral singer who has gone through years of vocal training and take it from me, just learn on your own (but practice as much as you possibly can).

And for the record, I also love Daniel Johnston, so listen to the guy who said you have an outsider vibe to you, because it was also my first thought. But if you stick with the cutesy shit and work on your music a little more, you could make some really good pure pop songs. Keep it up, man. I like your stuff.
>>
Download Brett Manning's Singing Success - Mastering Mix practice CDs and work through them.

Anyone can learn to sing. Most people just assume they can't because they've never practiced so they
a)sing out of tune because they haven't practiced their scales (repetition is all it takes)
b)haven't learned the fundamentals of vocal production and how to sing effortlessly and manipulate timbre
c) people don't know how to breathe from diaphragm and control their breath

Everyone can learn this stuff and once you do your singing well level up exponentially and it's the best fucking feeling in the world.

torrent of Mastering Mix.
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2651214
>>
I don't understand how people can't tell when they're shit. Is it just denial? I remember singing once when I was a kid and recording it and playing back and being horrified. Slowly progressed after joining choir and practicing and now my voice is not bad.
>>
>>75005027
>recording it and playing back
Most people don't do that part. When you're singing and not practiced your brain conforms your auditory sensation to expectations, i.e., you will hear yourself as in tune when your missing notes/flat/sharp, etc.

You have to train your EAR as a musician of any kind, vocalist is no exception.
>>
>>75004138
It's a little nasally. I think trying to imitate Roger Waters is a bad choice because he's not that great of a vocalist.

I'd suggest you learn guitar or piano. Then hum or sing along with the notes. Once you're comftorble learn and sing LITTERALLY every beatles song there is. That helped me. I never had a teacher or none of that bullshit. I don't completely suck either.
>>
>>75004934
I can barely hear you over the goddamn piano. I'm not trying to be rude, but from what I could make out, your voice sucked man. I would not want to listen to more of it. I get that kind of style working for some singer-songwriters but they really have lyricism to back them up.

The biggest feeling I got from hearing your voice was of annoyance, but that may have also be partly to blame on the ridiculously loud piano drowning you out. I'm sorry I was rude but those were my feelings about the performance and I think she was right, it does suck.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.