[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Modern dadrock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: TheNationalSingleEvent.jpg (56KB, 532x290px) Image search: [Google]
TheNationalSingleEvent.jpg
56KB, 532x290px
ITT: Modern dadrock
>>
Wilco
>>
I don't know why their singer always feels the need to wear a cheap suit.
It's like they aren't aware that they're lowbrow as fuck.
>>
>>74999739
QoTSA fits that title but I like them and the National a lot. There's nothing inherently wrong with dadrock. If you are just trying to shit on The National or bait people you should really pick up a hobby or something
>>
>>74999806
Not at all, I like Wilco a lot and think the National are pretty alright. I'm just trying to point out examples of artists that we think are modern that mainly appeal to the middle aged.
>>
the strokes is basically already classic rock

in the same way musicians from the 80s would quote the beatles people today often cite the strokes
>>
>>74999862
They are almost Foo Fighters level in terms of 'dadrock' at this point, yet I feel I'm the only one that likes every album they have made.
>>
>>74999846
In that case Arctic Monkeys are really trying their best to be dadrock. All they lack is the quality to be considered a 'classic'
>>
>>74999739
Nope. Dadrock will definitely be Green Day. The National is more attached to chanson than rock like what Cohen is to Neil Young.
>>
Dinosaur Jr
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.