[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Brand New, now LCD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

First Brand New, now LCD
>>
Is 2017 the year Rock breaks through again?
>>
>>74988650
And people said rocks dead.
>>
>>74988680
>>74988706
LCD Soundsystem aren't rock though. Murphy is an avid "geetah music id dead" fag.
>>
>>74988680
lcd sound system is not rock or guitar based
brand new is tho and the new album they have is a positive sign at least.
>>
>>74988680
>LCD Sound System
>Brand New
>#1 Albums in 2017
Its the year the ashes stopped smoldering because the fire finally went out.
>>
Bring on the synths imo
>>
>>74988680
>War on Drugs are supposed to be the saviors of rock, critical darlings, making catchy pop rock tunes
>sign to a major label, who promote them out the wazoo and have them get a lot of radio airplay on alternative formats
>new album only charts at #10 and sells 25k copies

Even fucking XXXtentacion sold 3 times as much as them
>>
>>74988680
>>74988680
No, it's the year that people are so desperate for something that's not Rap, Pop or EDM that anything that falls outside of that and is half decent will hit number one
>>
>>74989353
>saviors of rock

Lmao who actually thought this? They write the most bland music ever made.
>>
>>74989451
>No, it's the year that people are so desperate for something that's not Rap, Pop or EDM that anything that falls outside of that and is half decent will hit number one

Uh no. The only reason this is happening is because these bands have spent a good 15 years building up a dedicated fanbase (who will still buy their records fervently) and they got lucky by releasing the albums in a week where nothing else really huge is coming out.

You're forgetting the fact that fucking Lil Uzi and shit are outselling these albums on other weeks.
>>
>>74989483
So is the new shit Taylor Swift has put out yet her new album will sell millions.
>>
What other rock band putting out albums this year has a chance at number 1? U2? Foo Fighters?
>>
lcd soundsystem is not rock.
That being said, i could see a snyth pop revival in the vein of new order or tears for fears coming back.
I think that would be refreshing because of

>>74989451
>>
Arcade Fire and LCD only made it to #1 because they gave away the album with every concert ticket and counted them as sold copies
>>
>>74988929
>lcd sound system
>not rock
i mean, come on man
>>
File: electronica.png (19KB, 484x377px) Image search: [Google]
electronica.png
19KB, 484x377px
>>74990335
I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.
I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.
>>
>>74990455
Dance punk is a subgenre of punk, evolving out of new wave bands incorporating dance rhythms in their music
And the header of the article even states "LCD Soundsystem is an American rock band"
>>
>>74990521
I know, i was there

I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
>>
I think people are tired of that repetitive urban homogeneity of the obama years of nothing but top 40 pop, pop rap, and EDM, and we are waiting for the the first big thing that is good and different to drop out of the sky and shift us into something new.

That being said, lcd soundsystem and brand new have been around for a while and have dedicated fan bases. Thats the one thing rock has over all those shitty pop and pop rap faggots who are disposable and replaced every six months.
>>
>>74989451
I always thought of "poptimism" as industry execs looking at the indie scene and thinking, "these sheep got out of their pen, we need to corral them back in"
>>
>>74990669
everything went to shit.
I grew up when there was so much more musical variety and now its been whittled down to pop, pop rap, or edm, nothing else is allowed.
The same with movies, your only choices are remakes or based on a comic book.
>>
>>74990621
Doesn't that always happen though. Like most artists woul just fade away after a year even when rock dominated the charts.
>>
>>74990753
radiohead started out in the late 90's and still have a hardcore fanbase that anticipates and loves their music.

Cant say the same for pop stars and rappers from that era.

Pop music is a disposable product, and you are good till you hit like 25 and they replace you with a younger better looking product

When i was a kid britney spears and christina agulira ruled the world.

Not so much anymore
>>
>>74990838
And even acts like Britney Spears and Eminem are unique cases in that they still have -some- hold on pop culture. Most pop stars really do last a few hit singles at the most.
>>
>>74990838
I know but we still have artists that are remembered for quite along time now (I.e. Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean) and a band staying good for as long as Radiohead is rare. And rock bands have been forgotten too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NAb7YyU_2E4
Half of the artists in this video are forgotten bad bands, even the ones from the 60s,70s, and 80s
>>
>>74990881
but i think even rock stars have an end life. I would say 60 years old is when you should retire as a rock star and stop. The rolling stones are walking skeletons and should stop.....
>>
>>74990953
>Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean)

Oh wow, so old, people who got popular a few years ago
wow, so old

Pop music has no depth, thats why it has no staying power.
>>
I mean I would have gone with Beyonce, Jay-Z and Kanye...

Kendrick and Frank are still new.
>>
>>74989353
>War on Drugs
>Catchy

I keep trying to get into that band and I never get to remember any fucking melody.
>>
>>74991186
Red Eyes?
>>
>>74990014
>>74990014
>>74990014
>>74990014
>>74990014

and
>>74989563
>>
A rock album hitting #1 on its debut week really doesn't mean shit, certainly not a "revival"

The albums gonna drop like a rock next week, while pop/rap albums like Kendrick, Khalid, and Ed Sheeran will stay in the top 10 for multiple weeks.

Also, there's very little overlap between people who buy those albums mentioned above and people who buy LCD's new album, because no casual pop/rap listener gives a shit about LCD. The album only hit #1 because of years of hype and waiting from their dedicated fanbase.
>>
>>74990953
from 1940-2016, i counted ~20 years/artists that i would say are truly forgotten. that's roughly 1/4. hardly most or even half. most of these artists are still considered to be pretty classic and/or respected. even if you take into account repeat artists, the ratio is still pretty high in favor of memorability. not to mention the fact that even some of the forgotten artists' songs are not forgotten. maybe you just have a shallow knowledge of classic/older music. (which is not to say its better or w/e not trying to make a statement on that front)

t. record store clerk who sells records by these artists on a day to day basis.
>>
>>74988680
2017 feels like a condensed 2002-2007 stasis bubble.
Arcade Fire released an album
Brand New released an album
Broken Social Scene released an album
Paramore released an album
LCD Sound System released an album
Feist released an album
I'm sure I'm missing others. Also the Trump presidency feels like it rebooted the Bush Jr. years,
>>
http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308227

It's really telling that most of these artists have 10 times as many streams as they do sales/downloads, whereas LCD has barely any streams at all.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.