[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this board's consensus on the Rolling Stone magazine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (13KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 205x246px
What's this board's consensus on the Rolling Stone magazine?
>>
Trash
>>
A fucking joke
>>
meh
>>
Their entire staff still thinks it's 1976.
>>
Baby boomer shitrag
>>
they think led zeppelin is the hardest band out there
>>
>>74985766
outdated out of touch
>>
Important thing to remember--RSM has always been a political magazine that just happens to also cover music.
>>
what dadrockers read on the toilet
>>
These guys are funny because on the one hand, it's a necessity for them to cover current artists (usually some shitty rapper or pop star) to get young readers, yet they also need to retain the 60 year old guys who've read them for decades so one issue will have Kendrick Lamar on the cover and the next one will have Fleetwood Mac or something.
>>
How to fix RSM:

1. Euthanize Jan Wenner
2. Hire some people in their 20s-30s to write for the thing
3. Cover current artists, not artists from the 70s
4. Can the obnoxious politics
>>
>>74986848
I mean, really. The OP pic shows a 2010 (I think) issue.

Now why would you run a cover with Mick Jagger in 2010? Really, wouldn't it have made more sense to show Kanye or Lady Gaga or just about anyone else who was currently relevant at that time? I mean, just what relevance did Mick Jagger have to anything happening in the music world in 2010?

That shows how embarrassingly faggy and trapped in the amber of the Nixon years that RSM is.
>>
>>74987106
Sad.
>>
It was always shit. The idea that Rolling Stone was ever relevant like it was some "Boomer Pitchfork" is inaccurate and needs to stop.
>>
>>74986848
>1. Euthanize Jan Wenner
Maybe this will finally kill the Rock Hall
>>
Rolling Stone has been always shit and never had any impact on music whatsoever.
>>
>>74986848
>Cover current artists, not artists from the 70s
That's literally all they do now. If they dickride dadrockers it's for lists and editorials. In terms of poptimism they're probably the most blatant offenders right now.
>>
occasionally they enjoy a genuinely great album
>>
leftist garbage
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.