[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steal your face right off your head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: transfer-SYF.jpg (26KB, 252x250px) Image search: [Google]
transfer-SYF.jpg
26KB, 252x250px
Steal your face right off your head
>>
>>74984903
The Grateful Dead fucking suck. Easily top 5 worst popular rock acts of all time.
>>
>>74984971
That's just, like, your opinion, man
>>
great band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFquoq2PcBk
>>
>>74985262
I found them through Henry Rollins, Black Flag and Primus hbu

https://youtu.be/ZtYIocfQgO8
>>
>>74984903
there are a few videos of dead shows from back in the day on youtube. sometimes i put these on at night as background noise. i like that they just keep going and going.
there's one where they have a guy with a monkey come out during intermission and the hippies boo at him cause they aren't there to see a guy make a monkey smoke a cigar. vintage lols right there.
if anyone knows which concert this was please post the video thanks
>>
>>74985374
Mr. Jiggs! 8/4/76
>>
>>74984971
This is an opinion held by people who only think they understand music.
American Beauty is an objectively good album
>>
>>74985524
thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1yLgdzAbXQ
skip to 1:30:00 or so to see some quality live entertainment
>>
>>74985614
Can you imagine rocking up to a Grateful Dead gig and seeing a monky have a gunfight on stage after having double dropped acid, it'd certainly be an interesting experience
>>
>>74985614
That is fucking gold mate
>>
>>74985768
i never could have before i fo watching these. this is why i love youtube
>>
Their live material from '68-'74 is patrician as fuck. They where pretty much outside the mainstream of rock, yet they played consistently good shows that had country, jazz, early space rock, and blues all in the same show. It's great chill out music.

After that they where really inconsistent. They still had some incredible shows every now and then. But outside of '77, '89, and '90, they where too fucked up on drugs to put on more than a handful of great shows per tour.

Mid '80's Jerry looked like he was homeless, woke up in a ditch, and stumbled onto stage just in time for the show to start.
>>
>>74985614
1:37:21 crowd chanting "you suck dick! you suck dick!"
>>
>>74985893
the monkey comes on at 1:39:00
*end of transmission*
>>
>>74985865
They certainly covered the gamut. Traditional, folk, Blues, mountain, bluegrass, country, rock, r&b, soul, jazz. After Radio City shows Jerry & Grisman was where it's at.
>>
>>74985967
Yeah, the Dead touch on basically every genre of American music, while still maintaining their own sound for the most part. Jerry & Grisman is great, Jerry was such a natural at traditional folk songs.
>>
>>74986072
>>74985967
what i really like about them is i guess the jam band aspect. i don't know any rock type stuff that understands the importance of keeping the beat going for longer than a few minutes. something you only find djs doing these days.
there's something powerful about listening to an unbroken beat and we so often only give each other small doses at a time. makes rock songs seem like cigarettes when you want a hookah (but if people actually wanted hookas)
>>
>>74986072
In so many ways they embodied Americana. The case can certainly be made they were the first real proto-punk band as well (not MC5).
>>
>>74986146
Their ability to write interesting music, structured in such a way as to leave room for live exploration of musical themes was really admirable. Holy shit could Robert Hunter write lyrics as well. Full of colorful imagery and telling a coherent story at the same time. Of course there were plenty of "fun" songs at the same time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.