[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Gary Numan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1017.jpg (104KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
104KB, 660x660px
What do you think of Gary Numan?
>>
File: IMG_4922.jpg (24KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4922.jpg
24KB, 316x316px
>>74983902
His albums since Sacrifice are better than the '80s albums he is known for. Though The Pleasure Principle and Telekon are still great.
>>
>>74983902
Literally autistic
>>
80s synthesizer pop master
>>
>>74983902
one of the few 80s acts whose modern output is actually better than when they were young along with Swans and Killing Joke
>>
Bracing for Savage being bad. I've heard like 7 songs from it now and it was all underwhelming except for My Name Is Ruin
>>
A robot God.
>>
Saw the What's In My Bag with him, he seemed like a genuinely nice person.
>>
Th Pleasure Principle is one of my favorite albums ever. Really want to listen to his later stuff.
>>
i like Replicas and Pleasure Principle but his voice grates on me desu
>>
>>74983902

Poor man's John Foxx
>>
>>74984900
>Swans' modern output is better than they were young
Not even close. Their streak of albums from Holy Money to Soundtracks for the Blind are unbeatable.
>>
>>74985272
Do it. Dead son onwards is a great streak. Its very different to what he used to do though, its full on industrial rock, but seriously amazing
>>
>>74985320
He stops being like John Foxx by Sacrifice.
>>
>>74983902
Numa Numa was pretty good
>>
Watched his new video last night. Was surprised. Actually a decent track. I hope he makes a massive comeback. If any musician deserves that, it's Gary Numan.
>>
>>74985792
He made a damn good comeback in the '90s after so many shitty records in the '80s since I, Assassin.
>>
3 very good album (Replicas, Pleasure Principle, Telekon). don't know much about the rest.
>>
>>74986148
Try Pure.
>>
his cult following fascinates me
>>
>>74983902
Actual robot.
Iconic 80s sound.
>>
His early albums are really good.

His new shit is so bad. I'm all for musicians evolving, but he took a few steps back and sounds absolutely generic.

I was excited to hear what he's doing now, but was completely disappointed with that walking through the desert video
>>
>>74983902

Cars was one of the 3 or 4 songs me and my friends would blast repeatedly in the car driving around during high school. That song never gets old to me.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.