[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't millennials listen to rock music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 24

File: sgp.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
sgp.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
Why don't millennials listen to rock music?
>>
Reply to my fucking thread you fucking dickless little fucks
>>
>>74981526
Because macho posturing is very very boring. It's all about being beautiful now.
>>
>>74981526
They literally do
>>
The pussification of America is almost complete.
>>
>>74981526
For the same reason Gen X didn't listen to Jazz. Musical trends change, and people primarily listen to what is popular and hip, and that is no longer rock.
>>
>>74981626
Faggot

>>74981669
Too many people listen to preening hipster shit. What happened to rocking out?

>>74981697
It seems that way.

>>74981708
Right. But why are different types of music popular with different people? Because they convey different EMOTIONS.

Rock is about anger and aggression and being as loud as you fucking want. Today's kids are just fucking pussies, listening to over-produced, sterile, bland crap.

Or they listen to Meme Grips which is even worse. Because they're trying to be edgy by listening to an African shouting over the top of something which isn't even music - it's like their lives have lost all meaning. They aren't even connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>74981824
haha yeah dude. are you pumped for that new marilyn manson album?
>>
>>74981824
>Faggot
There's nothing gay about a world where we all love eachother and are happy because of it.
>>
>>74981887
LOL dude you suck
>>
>>74981896
No, you'll find you do. When you wake up with terror and war on your doorstep for years, you'll wish for peace and love. It's easy to sit there with your easy life and your free time and lust after violence and hatred, but we'll make you see one day...when you're forced to love...
>>
>>74981626
>hating macho posturing
>listening to hip hop
>>
>>74981958
you sound pretty judgemental for such a peace loving person
>>
rock is by its nature abrasive and disruptive to current societal expectations. today's youth are preoccupied with fitting in and not offending others.
>>
They do, OP is a faggot

People listen nowadays to different genres, not just one thanks to internet
/thread
>>
>>74981982
This lol

>>74981824
>They aren't even connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage
Rock isn't exclusively white music, especially not the stuff that "rocks out"
>>
>>74981982
Where did i say i listen to hip hop? It's barbaric.
>>
>>74982014
I'm not judging anyone, i'm giving you the facts of life my dear.
>>
>>74981982
This

Current music is the same as old music. It's all about rebelling against your parents, and being angsty, and being cool. That's all rock was, except now it's what the parents listen to. Mainstream pop/rock has always been mostly a lost cause.
>>74981824
It's also never been about being "connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage." This isn't the old school attitude, it's the making an appeal to your dad attitude
>>
>>74982044
>my dear
holy fuck, tell me what you eat on a day to day basis
>>
File: mmhmmno.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mmhmmno.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>74981526
saw your daily shitpost here. got confused. thought i was in /pol/ where you post photos of Soe each afternoon and ask why women won't ever touch your dick.

the answer is because the greasy sheen of mayo-sweat on your tiny cock is foul and repellant, btw.

anyway, millennials do listen to rock music. there have been a hundred arguments about whether the new QOTSA album is good or not on /mu/ alone. suggests to me that people are listening to rock and forming opinions.

see you tomorrow, tubbs!
>>
File: 1504212876634.png (2MB, 680x629px) Image search: [Google]
1504212876634.png
2MB, 680x629px
>>74981824
>They aren't even connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage
>Rock Music

Uh.. might want to look into music history a little, fella
>>
>>74982057
Pussy. Because women love me for being so loving and caring. It bring great success and much joy, you should try it sometimes instead of being so barbaric.
>>
> Waah waah young people don't listen anymore to the music I listen to, those faggots are so immature!!

Fuck off. Average music trends shift as time passes. Stop labelling people whose only crime is having different tastes because you are a manly man who listens to manly music, because the generation before yours said the same thing about you not being classy enough for jazz.
It's not that young people are becoming pussies, you're just getting into your young-people-are-the-bane-of-the-universe phase. And this has existed since ever (see pic related and Socrates's quote about youngsters).

Listen to what you like listening to, let others do the same and shut the fuck up. Plus there are actually a lot of teenagers who listen to rock so I don't see the problem with it.
>>
>>74982092
Lma o
>>
>>74981526
Why are you here ir youre not a millenial, you stupid old fuck/kid
>>
>>74981526
Because their dads do. It's really as simple as that.
>>
>>74981526
I am one and I listen to rock
>>
>>74981824
hahaha he's trying to larp as a white nationalist while NOT on pol!!! hahahahahah
>>
>>74981526
Rock is dead
>>
>ARE MILLENNIALS KILLING MUSIC
>>
Because white people are lame and uncool
>>
>>74981526
>>
>>74981526
But I do
>>
>>74981824
Death Grips is basically noise rock/hardcore punk but with electronic hip hopish instrumentation. Besides rock was started by black people you absolute idiot. Rock isn't only about being loud and angry,90% of the most acclaimed rock albums are the opposite actually. I hope this is just bait that I took and that you aren't actually this retarded.
>>
because rock n roll is a shit jewish genre corrupted by the culture industry
>>
>>74981526
white guilt and jewish psyops. rock did not die from natural causes, it was assassinated
>>
>>74982357
>>74982047
You do realize that dadrock existed as far back as the 80s. You think kids still gave a shit about Chuck Berry or Steppenwolf in 1988? Yet rock was very much alive and well then and kids listened to it, but they listened to young, current bands like Megadeth or the Pixies.
>>
Rock died in the mainstream because major record labels stopped signing bands. It's that simple. It has little if anything to do with what kids do or don't listen to.
>>
>>74985224
It's interesting to ponder why Gen Xers took up the torch of rawk from the boomers but Millenials failed to do same.
>>
>>74985333
post-vidya world

there was no need for music to have fun
>>
>>74985333
Too busy being chavs.
>>
Due to rampant consumer culture and the increasing superficiality of human interaction brought upon by social media it's arguable that millennials and Gen Zers don't really have a cultural identity and thus don't listen to any imparticular style of music.

The one upside of this is that cultural nostalgia won't be a thing 25 years from now. This no rose tinted glasses or le wrong generation when talking about the 2010s.
>>
>>74985606
>imparticular
>>
>>74985606
>This no rose tinted glasses or le wrong generation when talking about the 2010s.
because the world is a fucking terrible place now and everyone knows it. there's nothing to be nostalgic over. we were objectively better off in the 70's than today
>>
>>74981526
I do.
>>
>>74985884
The 70s and 80s were objectively a shit time to live. Things are much better now.

This can be proven empirically.
>>
>>74981526
i saw a guy with a leather vest wearing a metallica shirt talking to a girl today made me so mad
>>
>>74981526
Why don't 90s babies make good rock music?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
>>
>>74981526
but i do, i like garage rock and surf punk
>>
>>74981526
god damn i wish this thread would get some serious replies... or anything remotely thought out.

The obvious
>rock just ran out of steam, isn't innovative anymore
>the success of nirvana ushering in butt rock, post grunge bland boring shit etc
>"rockers" and people who make it increasingly looking back and rehashing ideas from post punk and retreating back to the roots
>all the "new" rock is hidden away among metal crowds that don't give a shit about being mainstream

Something that i haven't seen brought up that actually makes sense in this cultural climate: BLACK PEOPLE DON'T SUPPORT IT.

It's white, it's old, and it's safe.

There's a fuck load to discuss about black culture's influence on the mainstream, but right now more so than the past, black people are viewed both as "outsiders" that create an air of danger (because racial tension blah blah blah) and there's simultaneously a growing support and willingness to focus on it for social justice points.
>>
>>74986283
>the success of nirvana ushering in butt rock

kurt made up for it by killing himself though
>>
File: 1489074962563.png (70KB, 497x511px) Image search: [Google]
1489074962563.png
70KB, 497x511px
>>74981526
>>
>>74986283
>BLACK PEOPLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxchdd9chw
>>
>>74985980
>Things are much better now.
This is fine.

The world is ending you fucking idiot, turn on the news.
>>
File: Black Panther Party.jpg (102KB, 1500x957px) Image search: [Google]
Black Panther Party.jpg
102KB, 1500x957px
>>74986356
>he watches the news

GOOD GOY
>>
>>74986326
:(

>>74986343
fuck, does it look like i'm meming racism like jew conspiracy or some shit? damn
>>
>>74986372
>he can't see what's happening with his own eyes.
The world is literally turning into the Antichrist's paradise.
>>
It's simple really. Millennials, at least the younger ones (20-30ish), center their lives around social media. Rock isn't a social media friendly genre like Hip-Hop and Pop, whose vapidness and gloss fits perfectly into the twitter, facebook, and tumblr verses. Hip-Hop and Pop are genres of catchphrases and can easily go more "viral" than Rock songs.

Nothing to do with the well-worn claim that rock doesn't "innovate" anymore. It's impossible to quantify artistic innovation and I'm also not sure what's innovative about mumbling about drugs and money over simple trap beats and basslines.
>>
>>74981824
>They aren't even connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage. It's fucking disgusting.

can you please detail to me the white "ethnic heritage?"
>>
>>74986283
Blacks have had nothing to do with rock since Jimi Hendrix, by the 70s already rock was white as a snowflake. That's not a credible reason.
>>
>>74986555
>Rock isn't a social media friendly genre like Hip-Hop and Pop, whose vapidness and gloss fits perfectly into the twitter, facebook, and tumblr verses

this for sure.
>>
>>74985606
>The one upside of this is that cultural nostalgia won't be a thing 25 years from now. This no rose tinted glasses or le wrong generation when talking about the 2010s.

You'd be surprised, shit in Eastern Europe there are old fucks who talk nostalgically of the 70s when they lived under the Soviet boot and stood in breadlines for hours.
>>
>>74986917
didn't even read it
>>
>>74987042
Of course I read it. The poster is saying rock stopped being edgy because it lost its connections to black culture, but this hasn't been a thing since the 60s.
>>
>>74985119
He was obviously talking about 80s rock and not some synth pop/art/ rock you listen to little faggot.Doubt it was a bait,i just have to decide who is the retard here,won't take long.

Yep,it's you.
>>
>>74987146
I mean, think about the 80s when the PMRC was a thing and church groups were burning piles of metal records. Metal sure had nothing to do with black culture or anything happening in black music at that time, yet people were freaking out about it left and right.
>>
>>74986283
>Something that i haven't seen brought up that actually makes sense in this cultural climate: BLACK PEOPLE DON'T SUPPORT IT.
Black people don't support any music. They don't buy albums or go to concerts. The only industries they support are malt liquor and swisher sweets.
>>
>>74987146
i think he was referring more to black culture being more influential now.

jimi hendrix was marketed as an english act and never would have been successful without two white guys in his band.

i'm not 100% on when black people hopped off rock but they seemed more focused jazz, funk and soul shit before hip hop started being a dominant force, all of that was going on while rock was still relevant

>>74987246
lol it's about cultural influence not spending habits... though i think you could say that about tv and movies now
>>
>>74987272
>i'm not 100% on when black people hopped off rock
Hendrix was pretty much the last black rock star of significance, although a lot of the funksters like Eddie Hazel were influenced by him.

By 1970, the record industry had clearly split into white rock music and black soul/funk/R&B.
>>
>>74986283
>It's white, it's old, and it's safe

Depends on what you define as old, white, and safe. Now that Hendrix/Zeppelin blues rock sound is definitely OWS, it was already dadrock-tier by the 80s.

90s bands like Korn did an entirely new approach to rock based on textures and effects rather than the blues scale. Or I should say they took into the mainstream the work of underground 80s bands like Sonic Youth.
>>
>>74987407
>rock based on textures and effects

i never understood the hate for nu metal for this reason- it had that nasty attitude and was simple enough to serve as a template for a lot of experimenting in the same way hip hop does because of how a beat and rap vocals don't require harmony. imagine some shit like animal collective or the mars volta mashed over limp bizkit with good lyrics... i mean maybe not exactly that but i think the potential is obvious

imo industrial shit and and nu metal were the last places of any exploration without getting overly complicated.... i think those are what will end up coming back
>>
>>74987562
They wont though because social justice stuff like being a liberal or nazi is popular now
>>
>>74981878
No. He's a faggot. If it's even a he.

>>74981887
Faggot.

>>74982025
>Rock isn't exclusively white music, especially not the stuff that "rocks out"
Oh really? Please tell me how many black people there are in rock music - there are SOME, but after all this time, they're still an absolutely TINY minority. There are Latinos and some Asians in rock music though, I'll admit that.

Muhammad Ali said the races are different and he preferred to be with his own kind. I think that's how it is to be honest.

>>74982047
>It's also never been about being "connected to their own ethnic group and their own heritage."
Oh really? Then why do black people all listen to rap music? They see rock music as white people's music. It's only white people who go around with this "I don't even see race!" crap.

>>74982092
>>74982309
Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix... fifty, sixty years ago. How many rock musicians these days are black? There are some, e.g. Thomas Pridgen, but very few.

>>74982635
I feel sorry for people who don't have an appreciation of their heritage and who look for an identity in other people's heritage.

>>74985119
Like I said above, Chuck Berry and Hendrix were around ages ago. Since then, rock music has had very, very, very few black people in it.

>>74986603
Black people listen to rap don't they? Very few black people play rock music because they see it as white people's music. I used to listen to rap, but then when I realised they despise our music, I just thought "why the fuck am I listening to their music"?

White heritage ultimately stems from Europe, but that doesn't really matter - what matters is that the races are different and they make different music.
>>
>>74987760
what does them choong between being a nazi or liberal have to do with them not coming back?
>>
>>74987760
>>74987803
???

of course you have to start spewing hate
>>
>>74987839
its the modern day internet what do you think he would say besides that sort of stuff?
>>
>>74987809
I mean social justice stuff like tumblr or whatever blog pages nazis look at. People are just more into groups now and dont really do their own thing. Being called a special snowflake is like a thing now. I remember before cod4 came out if you talked about video games at school, you would be made fun of.
>>
>>74987878
oh okay yeah i get what you mean now
>>
>>74987878
oh lmao

yeah you said it a little weird but being splintered off into groups is weird now.... i think the effect of that is more that what will be in popular music is the lowest common denominator from all music (simple synths 4 on the floor dumb lyrics etc) but that's always been the case

>>74987873
i normally wouldn't care but i'm actually interested in this topic :((((
>>
>>74987947
nothing wrong with being interested in that topic you just gotta expect alot of negative shit now is all
>>
>>74987995
i'm normally the negative shit

the last time i was actually annoyed by something "offensive" was when kurt cobain sang into a shotgun on southpark

fuck this feeling i can't believe normies feel this way all the time <.<
>>
i dunno how can one make rock music today and that's not cliched bullshit that could possibly get some social media attention?
>>
>>74986326
This but unironically
>>
File: 1465955056503.jpg (435KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465955056503.jpg
435KB, 1050x1080px
ITT
>>
>>74988076
>be black
>become famous left field rapper
>make it into the high tiers of mainstream with catchy music
>come out as gay and immediately release an album of experimental rocks songs
>???
>accept that your career is over
>>
>>74988109
off topic, were talking about modern rock being shit and how to try to fix it not numales but okay
>>
>>74988124
>who is tyler the creator

also im native american and people tell me i should make hip hop hmmmm
>>
>>74987947
>>74987895
Times have just changed, rock used to mean rebellion against the uptight white people. People don't glorify white guys wearing blue jeans playing rock anymore. But now those same trust fund kids they used to hate are all about acting/talking black now.
>>
>>74988161
yeah i know
>>
>>74981526
There is already a 50 year backlog of rock music. Anything new is just a rehash.
>>
>>74981824
Rock wasn't aggressive until the seventies what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>74988375
Have you ever heard an electric guitar in real life before? You do realize the beatles were literally like a rock band you'd hear in a garage?
>>
Because once a youth subculture becomes something that your parents used to do, it stops being a cool and rebellious subculture. Punk stopped being cool when punks started being dads. The last relevant rock genre, grunge, stopped being cool when grunge kids became dads.

Black kids don't have dads so they'll never ruin hip hop for them.
>>
>>74988299
>if they feature a guitar it's just a rehash
>>
>>74987839
>>74987873
>>74987947
I don't intend to hate. But when you look at other people in the world, you see that they take pride in themselves, their own culture, and their own music - music is in fact a very important aspect of cultural identity. That's why different cultures have different music. It signifies who they are.

So I just prefer to listen to music of people I identify with, that's all.

>>74988161
Basically this, yes. You've hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>74988465
In the current music scene yes.
>>
>>74988545
yeah thats fine
>>
>>74988465
every idiot guitar player today wants to be a special snowflake rockstar thats why modern guitar is bullshit
they wont take a backseat is the problem
>>
>>74986432
>Literally every generation through history thinks it's the end of the world
How does it feel being the the n-billionth person to claim the world is ending
>>
>>74986432
you know how any people have claimed that before you? a lot jackass kek
>>
okay so guitar and rock is dead r.i.p

im gonna just make weird/trap/hiphop based wad based music now
thanks for the advice mu
>>
File: trump laughing.jpg (38KB, 720x291px) Image search: [Google]
trump laughing.jpg
38KB, 720x291px
>>74988446
>Black kids don't have dads so they'll never ruin hip hop for them.
>>
>>74981526
Rock is shit, grandpa
>>
because of DA JOOZ AND DA ES JAY DUBYOOZ obviously
>>
>>74989404
> anyone who likes rock is /pol/
this is what rapfags actually believe
>>
>>74989542
>insecure anon thinks I'm accusing him of being /pol/

IMAGINE MY SHOCK
>>
>>74981824
this

i fucking hate the whole electronic music shit and dubstep and fuck man ROCK MUSIC NEEDS TO COME BACK
>>
>>74989833
Rock isn't dead idiot, you're just too lazy to look for it.
>>
>>74989833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
>>
>>74981526
some do some don't, just like every other music genre
alsois this >>>/vg/hsg/ now?
>>
>>74981526
electronic instruments have replaced the electric guitar
>>
>>74990797
an electric guitar is at least a $300 dollar investment if you want a non-shitty one, not including an amp. Pirating some software is free
>>
there hasn't been enough good rock to listen to in the 21st century to call yourself a rocklistener
>>
>>74981526
Because millennials are retarded.
Next question.
>>
>>74990958
false. just straight-up wrong.
>>
1993 baby here

I listen to Dadrock, Psych Rock, Pop Rock, Roots Rock, Desert Rock, Space Rock, Krautrock, Post-Rock, Noise Rock, Alt Rock, Indie Rock, Rock n Roll, Rockabilly and even Art Rock

I don't know why my age necessitates my listening preferences.

That being said, I listen to pretty much everything else and try to get my ears on as much music as possible, so I'm not a purist if that's what you're bitching about.
>>
>>74991018
I think if you try and tally up all the albums generally considered good in rock it's been dwarfed in the past 17 years by good hip-hop/rnb/rap there's just more coming out in general
>>
because rap is "cool" right now, and millenials only listened to indie rock because it was cool back then
>>
>>74988545
Being proud of your cultural heritage is one thing. But being proud for being white doesn't make sense at all
>>
>>74990568
Hotline Miami 1 and 2 i had the best soundtrack.
>>
File: 1478912-wayne_guitar.jpg (184KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478912-wayne_guitar.jpg
184KB, 564x800px
>>74987803
HaHAH You fahGOT bout THA BIRDMAN, Ha! Yeah! Wha-wha.. Whatchu gon do NOW? HA!
>>
File: 12-1.jpg (67KB, 540x473px) Image search: [Google]
12-1.jpg
67KB, 540x473px
>Rock radio stations
>turning into faggy pop-rock more and more as time goes on
>>
>>74985119
WE WUZ ROCKSTARS AN SHIIIEEEEEETTT
>>
>>74990931
If you want a good sound its better to spend the money on an amp instead
>>
>>74991061
>being born before 1998
get out of here grandpa
>>
>>74981526
TI7 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 1 > dogshit > 4
>>
>>74981697
Maybe white america
>>
>>74981526
Rock doesn't innovate and metal retards are so off putting their attempts at proselytizing "le new classical" has made all rock by extension the subject of mockery.
>>
...because music ebbs and flows naturally between the years in terms of popularity as does every medium of art? Videogames that were collectathons used to be popular, now they arent because too much was made, and more people expanded the art of games as a whole. Just because rock isnt popular now doesnt mean it wont be again. I thought the concept of rock was not giving a fuck, why do you care so much? Stop blaming another generation causs you feel old and your music has been forgotten.
>>
How is hip-hop innovative by any definition of the word?
>>
>>74990985
Finally. Can't believe I had to go ALL the way down here for this answer.

>>74988446
This is a good answer too.
>>
>>74992556
>I can't believe I had to go all the way down here to find a post that agrees with me
>This agrees with me too
>>
>>74992472

Because it's black. Bout it.
>>
Black historically has run pop culture, hip hop is the most important music in pop culture right now.
>>
ITT old farts sperg out after discovering that everyone has different tastes
>>
File: CgldEYQU8AA2MPn.jpg (34KB, 493x585px) Image search: [Google]
CgldEYQU8AA2MPn.jpg
34KB, 493x585px
>>74991597
Wait, sooooo, I'm not a Millennial then?

What the fuck I thought all those "MILLENNIALS ARE LITERALLY HITLER INCARNATE" articles were about me, and they made me mad because I work my fucking ass off every single day, eat at Applebee's every now and then and think that Avacado Toast is like eating dogshit on sand, so I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about.

Shape up, you lousy kids, goddamn.
>>
>>74991110
>But being proud for being white doesn't make sense at all

You're a fucking moron if you believe this unironically.

t. not even white.
>>
File: 1496752319241.jpg (73KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1496752319241.jpg
73KB, 1080x1349px
>>74981526
because rock music nowadays is generic and fucking sucks

Prog was cool
grunge was cool

fuck, even third wave ska was good.

But fuck me if I hear another swishy haired faggot singing about shit everyone else has already sung about with the exact same sound I'm going to fucking kill myself
>>
>>74981526
Blues came and went as did Jazz and Swing.

Be thankful Rock'n'Roll endured as long as it has.
>>
>>74981824
>emotions are race-based
A. That's fucking stupid we are not emojis we do not just exist in a constant state of singular emotion
B. That explains why white kids shoot up schools all the time.

Here's the thing. I love me some black metal, some neue deutche harte, some industrial, all that good "I am a demon from hell using this human as a meatsuit so I can exude endless torment" angry music.

But I also love me some Eurodance which is about the happiest, gayest shit you can listen to. I also listen to a multitude of other genres with a lot of different emotions and feelings to them, from high class relaxation to chaotic madness.

Because unlike you I embrace every emotion and feeling and have more than one dimension.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (7KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7KB, 301x167px
>>74993092
This is literally you
>>
File: Alpha_infographic_5.png (355KB, 700x925px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_infographic_5.png
355KB, 700x925px
>>74993179
Nah, I don't feel anything is a musical "sin" or a guilty pleasure, I just like all sorts of music. If you don't like my taste, that's on you, not on me.
>>
File: theeagles.jpg (236KB, 1500x1001px) Image search: [Google]
theeagles.jpg
236KB, 1500x1001px
I will never understand the fucking obsession some people have with today's loud bumbling music.
I really hate to sound like this, but I really wish people in their 20s would have better taste.
>>
>>74981697
>thinking this only happens in America

>>74981526
They do sometimes but it's usually terrible "rock" that is basically pop because it's so commercial and sounds like crap
>>
>>74993253
>talks about how young people have shit taste
>likes the eagles
>>
How do old farts even find 4chan? I am legitimately confused
>>
File: VanMorrison.jpg (54KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
VanMorrison.jpg
54KB, 1280x800px
>>74993700
I will fight you.
>>74993797
It's just young people pretending to be old so we don't sound like /lewronggeneration/
>>
>>74993834
>I will fight you
try not to hurt yourself
>>
File: Void_Manga.jpg (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Void_Manga.jpg
43KB, 320x320px
>>74993797
We are the ancient ones.
Led by the Allfather Christopher Poole, we fashioned this place from the dark void of nothingness with but one goal: to be the little girl.
This was fourteen years ago, while you still defecated your drawers.
We are the progenitors of memes.
We are the elder gods of Internet Culture.
Worship us and your life will be spared.
>>
File: Eagles.jpg (259KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Eagles.jpg
259KB, 630x420px
>>74993893
What's your beef with the best band ever?
>>
>>74988127
> implying they aren't correlated
>>
File: 1504436538156s.jpg (3KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1504436538156s.jpg
3KB, 112x112px
>>74993253
>would have better taste.
>the eagles

fuck, is this thread some sort of r/music raid or what?
>>
File: 349.png (65KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
349.png
65KB, 200x252px
>>74994013
>best band ever
You really had me going for a while there.
Well played sir, have your (you)
>>
ITT: AC/DC youtube comments section
you people shouldn't technically even be here, you are supposed to sperg over inconsequential shit on facebook and take your alzheimer pills regularly
>>
>>74988109
Looks like Of Mice and Men fans mixed with NPR listeners.
>>
>>74994083
Fucking ^^^thhhhiiiiiiisssssss^^^
>>
File: 1466222121102.png (131KB, 293x308px) Image search: [Google]
1466222121102.png
131KB, 293x308px
>>74992472
Because the sound and aesthetic is unlike music which existed in the past. You might look at some rapper like Lil Pump and think "Jesus, what a fucking retard, who would like that?" but at the same time, is there any artist who looked, acted or sounded even remotely like that 20+ years ago? A lot of it may not be the greatest music but at least it's fresh. In contrast, virtually everything about the entire modern rock sound and aesthetic feels completely stale and lifeless. I'd love for some thrilling new genre to spring up but I'm just not seeing anything that's worthy. If you're a nu-male rocker making bland shit "revival" music that could have existed 50 years ago, then you haven't earned anyone's attention and you don't deserve to be more famous than the Soulja Boys of the world.
>>
cuz rock is shit lol
>>
>>74994816
xd xd sure got them amirite
>>
>>74995023
Rock is white garbage, hip hop actually makes you want to dance
>>
'Cause pavement ape "music" is the new hot shit yo!
>>
>>74989542
No the responses in this thread lol
>Labels push pop and rap artists into household names
>Labels haven't done it for rock since late 00s
>Labels are ran by jews
>I BLAME BLACK PEOPLE
>>
>>74995107
Grandpa go to bed
>>
File: 519gBEQssWL.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
519gBEQssWL.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
I think rock can make a comback if more artists are willing to take note from radiohead, muse, ratm and depeche mode. I love rock, soul, and rap. It can't just be pedals and distortion. They have to integrate synths and other vsts to reach millenials. Who cares if rock isnt at the forefront. Just enjoy what you like and take your ass to the concerts.
>>
>>74981824
>>74982037
>>74982130
>>74987803
your self-hatred is showing dude. try to redirect that energy to improving yourself rather than spamming obvious fascist propaganda online. you will be much happier!

>>74989833
hello dave grohl
>>
>>74996139
Labels ARE ran by a Jewish majority, there is nothing politically-imbued with that statement at all. It's a fact, like water being wet.

Make of it what you will, but ignoring reality makes you look dumb.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.