[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Elvis Presley worth getting into /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: elvis.jpg (25KB, 575x630px) Image search: [Google]
elvis.jpg
25KB, 575x630px
Is Elvis Presley worth getting into /mu/?
>>
>>74978638
Not really.
>>
>>74978638
I only like his first album.
>>
>>74978700
Why? He's one of the most well-known musicians of the past 100 years.
>>
Uh Honh honh
>>
>>74978719
Because he's kind of shit.
>>
>>74978719
he doesnt really write music, and he cant really perform well, and he's a hilariously overrated vocalist
>>
>>74978746
>he cant really perform well, and he's a hilariously overrated vocalist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG9ph9xkOrw
>>
nah listen to actual gospel / early rock / blues instead of elvis
>>
>>74978760
he's clearly fucking up
>>
>>74978638
He's dead you sick fuck
>>
Oh hey I completely forgot to add him to my music collection, thanks for reminding me, OP
>>
He is the white corporations trying to put a white face on a black subculture and it worked.

Get into fats domino instead.

He is kind of like the 1950's equivalent to cheezy pop rap.
>>
>>74978789
It's still pretty impressive imo
>>
Hey guys is London Grammar worth getting into? I see they've just released their brand new album, abailable from all good music stores for £9.99
>>
>>74978842
Not him but you're retarded and someone needs to tell you.
>>
>>74978638
he died taking a shit so no
>>
Anything before he was drafted? Yes.
Anything after he was drafted? No.
>>
>>74978868

/thread
>>
>>74978897
>Anything before he was drafted?
Still no to be desu
>>
He is literally just the white face corporate America put on a black dominated genre to get more white people into it.
>>
>>74978856
That's not very nice, please apologize or I will call the police
>>
no, but this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrhjgt-_Qc
>>
>>74978955
You made a thread on /mu/ with 22 posts and no one has told you to kill yourself yet. You're doing much better than most.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfMlk1PwGU
>>
>>74978856
Not an argument.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE
>>
>>74978975
That's not even my thread actually
>>
File: e.jpg (84KB, 1500x1492px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
84KB, 1500x1492px
Pic related is all you really need.

You can also check out the Sun Sessions if you want more of the "raw" early sound.
>>
>>74978834
You're one of those people, huh. I just want to prematurely apologize if I've offended you or any other oppressed minority.
>>
>>74980208
Elvis is mediocre no way about it why settle for mediocre?
>>
Elvis is cool, but his image was better than his music. and Buddy Holly is unironically the best musician of the 1950s.
>>
>>74978638
no
>>
>>74978638
Yeah, it's pretty easy too due to extensive writing about him.

>>74978700
>>74978736
>>74978746
The mark of the pleb.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
30 #1 Hits [RCA, 2002]

By my unofficial All Music Guide tally, this makes 385 Elvis comps, some as collectible as his soundtracks themselves, not one definitive. Although pursuing his pure essence is a fool's mission, only fools gainsay The Sun Sessions. A Valentine Gift for You is something to cherish. And there's use value in the five-CD The King of Rock 'n' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters, which duplicates 13 of these selections. But this chart-seeking slice-and-dice feeds off his schlock power. It validates his audience. And it suggests that his life was a continuous whole, not the tragically bifurcated mess of current convention. What holds it together? Think lightness, even on the supposedly feral "One Night." A+
>>
Why is it that when people are into elvis they like collect stupid elvis themed stuff?
>>74978797
Underrated
>>
Do you like 3 chord rock n' roll? I mean it sounds nice but it's 2017.
>>
Listen to early stuff with the Elvis/Scotty Moore/Bill Black lineup. Also, anyone posting about the current year or "hurrdur music is stolen from blacks; aren't I very interesting" should neck themselves
>>
>>74978718
>>74981383
This. Listen to the Sun Sessions OP. It's fun rockabilly and you can hear what a strong combo they were and how good a vocalist he was when young and hungry
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.