[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Green World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Another_Green_World.jpg (14KB, 319x311px) Image search: [Google]
Another_Green_World.jpg
14KB, 319x311px
Has Eno ever surpassed this album? I've recently started digging into Eno and this seems to be his strongest album so far. Seems like an early peak, given the length of his career.
>>
I think Apollo is the best but then again I've never been all too keen on his early stuff.
>>
File: 2142175.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2142175.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
>>74974976
Before and after Science is the only of albums that sound comparable to Another Green World.
>>
>>74975027
Definitely, and I love that album for what it is. >>74975007
I'll give it a listen, although it's a lot more ambient than I'm used to.
>>
IN THE BLUEEEEEEEEE AUGUST MOOOON
IN THE COOOOOOOOOL AUGUST MOOOON

*Fripp solo*
>>
i prefer Here come the warm jets.
>>
>>74975027
I still can't wrap my mind around how he manages to fit side A and B so well together on this record. The 3 track transition from King's Lead Hat to Here He Comes to Julie With is superb.

The first half is 10/10 and the second is infinity/10. AGW is amazing as well but t b h BaAS takes the cake for me
>>
>>74974976
>makes one of the best art pop albums in history
>proceeds making boring background airport music
Why did he do it?
>>
>>74975348
From the liner notes of Music for Airports:
>Whereas the extant canned music companies proceed from the basis of regularizing environments by blanketing their acoustic and atmospheric idiosyncracies, Ambient Music is intended to enhance these.
>Whereas conventional background music is produced by stripping away all sense of doubt and uncertainty (and thus all genuine interest) from the music, Ambient Music retains these qualities.
>And whereas their intention is to `brighten' the environment by adding stimulus to it (thus supposedly alleviating the tedium of routine tasks and levelling out the natural ups and downs of the body rhythms) Ambient Music is intended to induce calm and a space to think.
>Ambient Music must be able to accomodate many levels of listening attention without enforcing one in particular; it must be as ignorable as it is interesting.

Brian Eno has always been more concerned with theory than practice
>>
>>74975429
Link to the whole text:
http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/brian_eno/MFA-txt.html
>>
>>74975429
Brian Eno has been concerned with theory? He's a typical anti-musician. And that's a compliment.
>>
>>74975348
Of all possible ambient albums - how did you find Eno's boring? Are you even human?
>>
>>74975211
I sang this in my head, including the solo
>>
>>74975305
>Phil Collins - drums
>Jaki Liebezeit - drums
>Robert Wyatt - brush timbales
>Fred Frith - modified guitar
>Phil Manzanera - rhythm guitar
>Robert Fripp - guitar
>Achim Roedelius - grand piano, electric piano
>Mobi Moebius - Fender Rhodes piano
With this personnel, it's hardly a surprise.
>>
>>74975296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nItuhuY1U04
>>
File: R-399666-1350521755-1489.jpeg.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-399666-1350521755-1489.jpeg.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
Just a reminder that Eno produced something as radically different to his music as possible, the No New York compilation.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various-artists/no-new-york/
>>
>>74975733
Perhaps methodological is a more fitting way to describe him. He's a self-descirbed non-musician and is actually not musically trained at all. I'm not sure how to explain his approach to music but this interview with Lester Bangs is pretty great and gives a lot of insight into his view on music and creating music.

In my opinion he's one of the top 3 most based musicians ever
>>
>>74975890
As an example Oblique Strategies created by Eno and Peter Schmidt is pretty fascinating. It's a bunch a cards you draw with tasks or ideas on them to help creativity. Some examples from wiki:
>Use an old idea.
>State the problem in words as clearly as possible.
>Only one element of each kind.
>What would your closest friend do?
>What to increase? What to reduce?
>Are there sections? Consider transitions.
>Try faking it!
>Honour thy error as a hidden intention.
>Ask your body.
>Work at a different speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.