[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>KENDRICK LAMAR IS A GREAT RAPPER WHO TACKLES SOCIAL ISSUES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: channelIcon1887022252590420353.jpg (150KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
channelIcon1887022252590420353.jpg
150KB, 900x900px
>KENDRICK LAMAR IS A GREAT RAPPER WHO TACKLES SOCIAL ISSUES WITH HIS LYRICS

Bitch, be humble (hol’ up, bitch)
Sit down (hol’ up, lil', hol’ up, lil' bitch)
Be humble (hol' up, bitch)
Sit down (hol' up, sit down, lil’, sit down, lil' bitch)
Be humble (hol' up, hol' up)
Bitch, sit down (hol' up, hol' up, lil' bitch)
Be humble (lil' bitch, hol' up, bitch)
Sit down (hol' up, hol' up, hol' up, hol' up)
Sit down (hol' up, hol' up, lil', hol' up, lil' bitch)
Be humble (hol' up, bitch)
Sit down (hol' up, sit down, lil', sit down, lil' bitch)
Bitch, sit down (hol' up, hol' up, lil' bitch)
Be humble (lil' bitch, hol' up, bitch)
Sit down (hol' up, hol' up, hol' up, hol' up)
>>
i mean its the chorus of a song so obviously its gonna have repetition
>>
>>74974845
Oh, sorry, let me get some verse action

Who dat nigga thinkin' that he frontin' on Man-Man? (Man-Man)
Get the fuck off my stage, I'm the Sandman (Sandman)
Get the fuck off my dick, that ain't right
I make a play fucking up your whole life

Honestly it's just more of the same trash rap about pussy money weed, that's been going on for fucking decades without significant change. But because he has a few Black Lives Matter lines or some shit he's suddenly this god of rap to every black person.
>>
And yet it's STILL too much pro-black content for you /pol/tards.
>>
>every single song needs to deep
>>
>>74974887
>this song is his most popular Spotify song with over 500 million listens, while his second most popular song, DNA, hhas under half of that.

Rap fans want garbage about slayin' pussy an' makin' stacks, fool. The 'deep' songs are there for people to pretend their music isn't superficial trash.

>>74974885
This isn't about race or blackness, this is about garbage music liked by pretentious idiots.
>>
YACK YACK YACK YACK
>>
The chorus to this song actually is deep. Based on the delivery, the lyrics and the music video it's unclear if it's directed inward, at himself, as a response to his brag-filled verses, or if it's directed at his competitors, his audience, or if it's simply good advice. TO BE FUCKING HONEST, for most people, it's good advice
>>
>>74974932
>rap fans

mainstream music fans in general want that shit hence why the most popular artists in literally every genre are known for their shittiest songs. Metallica are fantastic when they want to be, but their most known album is the black album which was trash.

DAMN. isn't bad, even the bragging tracks have some nice rhyme schemes and lines. It's just nowhere near his previous projects. There's nothing as good as u. on here or as fun as i. or backseat freestyle. Even the lines aren't as good as they were. Like, if DAMN. was released by ASAP Rocky it'd be getting praised non stop but Kendrick is held to a higher standard because he released TPAB.
>>
It's almost like it's the producer that makes the rapper's work shine, not the other way around.
>>
File: 1503959593683.jpg (79KB, 600x800px)
1503959593683.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>74974869
the song is literally him saying "be humble" to "pussy money weed" rappers you twat
>>
>>74974869
no black person listens to this, it's a white beta boi only thing
>>
>listens to one song from the artist's arguably worst album
>judges the artist's whole career by that
>>
>>74974869
kendrick is goat for rap because modern rap is really that bad, but you're picking the shitty verses here

He does have a bunch of stuff where he talks about his struggles or the idea of keeping his fortunes to himself or charity or helping the black community or whatever, so to grant credit, there's that

Also it might help for you to note that rap isn't about what it literally states but the context. Most pussy money weed is pussy money weed, but if it's pussymoneyweedgodhelpme it's supposed to be god help me. Knowing that will make your experience marginally less painfully dull and idiotic

that said, humble is a shit song, and DAMN is a bad album.
>>
>>74974885
>everyone who dislikes bad pop rap written by a person lauded as poetic genius is a racist

oh wow
>>
>rap fans
i can imagine only american/uk blacks and european white rude kids
>>
Brace yourself, I'll take you on a trip down memory lane
This is not a rap on how I'm slingin' crack or move cocaine
This is cul-de-sac and plenty Cognac and major pain
Not the drill sergeant, but the stress that weighin' on your brain
It was me, L Boog, and Yan Yan
YG Lucky ride down Rosecrans
It got ugly, wavin' yo' hand out the window – check yourself!
Uh, Warriors and Conans
Hope euphoria can slow dance
With society, the driver seat the first one to get killed
Seen a light-skinned nigga with his brains blown out
At the same burger stand where *beep* hang out
Now this is not a tape recorder sayin' that he did it
But ever since that day, I was lookin' at him different
That was back when I was nine, Joey packed the nine
Pakistan on every porch is fine, we adapt to crime
Pack a van with four guns at a time
With the sliding door, fuck is up?
Fuck you shootin' for if you ain't walkin' up, you fuckin' punk?
Pickin' up the fuckin' pump, pickin' off you suckers
Suck a dick or die or sucker punch
A wall of bullets comin' from
AK's, AR's, "Ayy, y'all, duck!"
That's what Momma said when we was eatin' the free lunch
Aw man, goddamn, all hell broke loose
You killed my cousin back in '94, fuck yo' truce!
Now crawl your head in that noose
You wind up dead on the news
Ain't no peace treaty, just pieces BG's up to pre-approve
Bodies on top of bodies, IV's on top of IV's
Obviously the coroner between the sheets like the Isleys
When you hop on that trolley, make sure your colors correct
Make sure you're corporate or they'll be callin' your mother collect
They say the governor collect all of our taxes, except
When we in traffic and tragic happens, that shit ain't no threat
You movin' backwards if you suggest that you sleep with a TEC
Go buy a chopper and have a doctor on speed dial, I guess
M.A.A.d city
>>
>>74976525
This went hard but the lyrics are shitty without the context of the album
>>
>>74976502
Exactly. It's like complaining about Backstreet Freestyle about it's lyrics.
>>
I dont like Kendrick but this is embarrassing. Cherry picking
>>
>>74977584
It's like... it's a context album.
>>
So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street?
When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?

HYPOCRITE
>>
>>74974826
Seriously, not liking Kendrick is fine but if you want to make us not like him this is a really unconvincing way to go about it. Like, you could pick some subpar song by Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen or something and go 'look they made this so now they're overrated and bad'. It doesn't take away from any of the great music they did make.
>>
kdenrig sugs :-D
>>
>>74974826
he specifically stated that with this album he wasn't trying to tackle social issues
>>
>>74976502
rap music and dance music are now more indiscernible than ever; kendrick was capitalizing on that fact by making an album about sin, which is very conceptually easy for hard-hitting trap/industrial influences that have gained relevance since deaf grapes and yeezus

also, kendrick is getting painfully old compared to some shit these soundcloud rappers are on. like it or not, these 16 year olds are gonna revolutionize the genre again
>>
>>74975163
>the most popular artists in literally every genre are known for their shittiest songs
true
a lot of albums by the said artists are half actually good songs and half catchy normie bait horseshit
>>
>>74974826
swimming pool full of liquor is actually insightful and poetic af he's been resting on laurels since that
>>
>>74978750
Maybe it was after the 'thanks kendrick' meme he was dealing with his crowd
>>
File: king kenny vs kanye breats.png (483KB, 1232x722px) Image search: [Google]
king kenny vs kanye breats.png
483KB, 1232x722px
>>74974826
foh kendrick is a poet
>>
>>74978662
>comparing actual musicians to a talentless racist retard
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.